Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#35,561 ·
What was yours with the original springs? Mine's sitting at 18.5" right now on all 4 corners(and that's with shot isolators) and as far as I know they're stock springs, but I have no way to tell. I thought maybe someone put up country springs on it, but I can't figure it out.
Yes, my stock springs with ~180k miles on them and the isolators (I did not replace the isolators either) measured just about 18.25" on both sides up front.

#35,562 ·
Me too, but I also don't want to be "that guy" who left their turn signal on for almost a mile. :drool:
When I was headed to Wal-Mart I took the highway cause construction In town Is on almost every street (and that's just screaming I want to be In an accident). So there's this ramp that turns Into another highway and It's a big long curve, so I put my right blinker on since everyone behind me had theirs on, and I got the "Turn signal on" with an arrow pointing to the right.

#35,563 ·
Well after about ten months and another 12000 miles up pinged the"Perform Service" on the EVIC . The wife's already in bed asleep (23.15 hrs here) so I'm guessing, unfortunately, that it must be referring to the Jeep!
Just got off eBay having just ordered 8 litres (will need about 7 of them) of fully synthetic 10w 40 Petronas (was the cheapest quality fully synthetic I could find....used 5w 40 last time but gets a little tappy around the head when hot since I put the 5w Castrol Edge in so back to 10w), new sump washer (reused last time so replace this time!), a WIX oil filter and a bottle of STP engine flush. That will be my job for my day off on Friday.

Sent from my SM-T310 using JeepForum

#35,564 ·
When I was headed to Wal-Mart I took the highway cause construction In town Is on almost every street (and that's just screaming I want to be In an accident). So there's this ramp that turns Into another highway and It's a big long curve, so I put my right blinker on since everyone behind me had theirs on, and I got the "Turn signal on" with an arrow pointing to the right.
Ha ha, look what I started!

I drive my WJ on the highway almost everyday. Today I got up to 85 on the Interstate just to see what it feels like. Although it was only for a couple seconds, it was very smooth. I was surprised. :thumbsup:

#35,566 ·
Ha ha, look what I started!

I drive my WJ on the highway almost everyday. Today I got up to 85 on the Interstate just to see what it feels like. Although it was only for a couple seconds, it was very smooth. I was surprised. :thumbsup:
Months ago when I hit the limiter (118 MPH) I was surprised how well It stayed on and didn't start to shake/vibrate. Atleast I know If I being chased my the mafia I can speed without problems :laugh:.

#35,567 ·
Checked the torque on my wheel spacers, checked and adjusted my tire pressure for the first time since winter, pulled a piece of glass out of my tire (luckily it was really small), and finally adjusted my door seals :D

#35,569 ·
Replaced crank position sensor. The only good thing about it was I don't have a 4.7! What a PIA. Do I need to flash the PCM to clear the code or will some driving take care of it?
Lol I thought the 4.0 Is harder since u have to go through the floor board, and on the 4.7 all u have to do Is remove the starter and It's right there. But yeah I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

#35,570 ·
Lol I thought the 4.0 Is harder since u have to go through the floor board, and on the 4.7 all u have to do Is remove the starter and It's right there. But yeah I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
Never done a 4.7 but I could have sworn I've heard horror stories. Yeah the 4.0 sucks. Went through the fire wall to remove it but had to disconnect the front DS to get an extra hand in to place the sensor in the block.

#35,571 ·
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Land vehicle

Just some recent mods to get ready for the Parade. I plasti-dipped and clearcoated the grill. I replaced the driver's side front fender and painted my whole front clip. Paint was a close color match, but not perfect, as you can see. But, I thought the job turned out just fine for my trail rig.

#35,574 ·
Well, wrapped up the install on the rear end. My factory spring hub to fender measurement was similar to my front measured height at just over 18.25", with the lift installed in the rear, the new hub to fender measurement was right in line with my fronts at just under 23":

Here's a comparison shot sitting next to the wife's WJ. Note that while my WJ is a little taller, I'm still sitting on 245/70/16 tires, while the wife's is on 245/75/16's. I'm hoping to score a deal on some JK Rubicon take offs in a 255/70/17 or find a set of 265/75/16's somewhere, so I expect to gain another 1"-1.5" in overall height:

Pretty happy with how level this thing sits, and like I did with the front, I left the factory isolators in. However I noted that the rears were in much worse shape than the fronts, so I'll likely end up replacing the isolators some time next year as PM. The install in the rear went really smooth, some folks have noted issues with the Zone A-Arm spacer, but mine fit just fine.

Still didn't have time to fully finish the front end, so I'll get all the CA's tightened down and center the axle after work and take it for a spin to see how it feels.

#35,575 ·
I didn't have to remove anything on my 4.0L to replace my CKP.

#35,576 ·
Well, wrapped up the install on the rear end. My factory spring hub to fender measurement was similar to my front measured height at just over 18.25", with the lift installed in the rear, the new hub to fender measurement was right in line with my fronts at just under 23":

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/November21/media/20150608_212026_zpsvnr1amq6.jpg.html

Here's a comparison shot sitting next to the wife's WJ. Note that while my WJ is a little taller, I'm still sitting on 245/70/16 tires, while the wife's is on 245/75/16's. I'm hoping to score a deal on some JK Rubicon take offs in a 255/70/17 or find a set of 265/75/16's somewhere, so I expect to gain another 1"-1.5" in overall height:

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Nov...4-4abd-a1aa-1f4d1550f468_zps91dvbuvq.jpg.html

Pretty happy with how level this thing sits, and like I did with the front, I left the factory isolators in. However I noted that the rears were in much worse shape than the fronts, so I'll likely end up replacing the isolators some time next year as PM. The install in the rear went really smooth, some folks have noted issues with the Zone A-Arm spacer, but mine fit just fine.

Still didn't have time to fully finish the front end, so I'll get all the CA's tightened down and center the axle after work and take it for a spin to see how it feels.
Nice, I'm waiting for you to get those tires and post up some pictures!

#35,578 ·
...I'm hoping to score a deal on some JK Rubicon take offs in a 255/70/17 or find a set of 265/75/16's somewhere, so I expect to gain another 1"-1.5" in overall height...
Is that a typo? I'd think with a 4+" lift, you'd want at least a 32" tire. Finding a set of Rubi take offs with 255/75R17 tires already installed would probably fit the bill perfectly.

#35,579 ·
Is that a typo? I'd think with a 4+" lift, you'd want at least a 32" tire. Finding a set of Rubi take offs with 255/75R17 tires already installed would probably fit the bill perfectly.
Yep it is, it was getting a little late when I posted up last night :D

#35,580 ·
Never done a 4.7 but I could have sworn I've heard horror stories. Yeah the 4.0 sucks. Went through the fire wall to remove it but had to disconnect the front DS to get an extra hand in to place the sensor in the block.
You heard right.... here's my horror story:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310...ensor-stuck-running-out-ideas-remove-3206881/

Was a happily-ever-after ending eventually... after trying all my tricks to pull out the CPS I finally drilled out the CPS. But then had to replace the Camshaft sensor. Then had to replace the top right O2 sensor... then had to replace...