What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1774 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #26596
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Drove from Grand Rapids to Holland with my newly rebuilt rear drive shaft. Nothing fell off, so that's good. lol. Oddly though, my gas mileage appeared to be down during the first half of the trip. It came back up towards the end. Assuming that was just due to everything being really tight at first.

Also, trying to get rusted on U-joint caps out of a drive shaft after they've been in there for 200,000 miles in Michigan...bollocks. I bent my 6 ton press.

Unread 12-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #26597
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
As opposed to all you guys up north taking pictures of you WJ in the snow. I figured it was a gorgeous day to massage her down with a little carnauba. So I couldn't help but post some pics of the sunset.

Attachment 927594

Attachment 927602

Attachment 927610

Attachment 927618

Thanks for looking.
I love how your Jeep isn't slowly rusting away everywhere.
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #26598
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Is that the air bag light too? Two days after I got mine that light came on I hate it but don't want to pull the clock spring
My Air Bag light has been on since I bought my Jeep three years ago. I find its alluring glow comforting. lol
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #26599
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post
Got lucky, I went to work and my gf msged me this photo

Someone hit the light pole in front of her neighbors house. The pole fell with the street light right in my spot where I park my jeep. The guy left the scene right after. It was a close call. Maybe a 20 min difference in time and id be posting a sad post.

Sent from the front lines of the zombie apocalypse.
Or going to jail for choking the rtard that hit the pole and drove away.
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #26600
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
Someone wanna help I can't get the stupid running boards off :/ the bolts r stuck
I have become increasingly belligerent with rusted on bolts. If I can't get them off with PB Blaster after a day or so, it's either impact chisel or angle grinder time. If they are that bad, I'm not going to put them back in anyway. lol
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #26601
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdowd6 View Post
Just curious as to why you didn't go with a wireless bluetooth OBDII plug in? That's what I was planning to do and to hook it up with the torque app
I'd kind of like to see an entire thread about this type of thing. I'm building a "carputer" for my 1970 Eldorado (which obviously doesn't have OBD or even a transistor in it), but I'd like to build something for my WJ. There's a ton of stuff on the Interwebs, but I'd love to hear what people here have done.

Think I'll start that thread...
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #26602
swkenobi
2003 WJ 

Replaced the rear passenger windows motor/guide last night. Picked up a Dorman replacement from Amazon, all told took me an hour, pretty simple and now all is well with the GC again.
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #26603
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Roadtrip to Sweden, for cheap cigaretts and christmas shopping, averaged 1.18l/km ~ 19.9mpg highway doing 120km/h~75mph much improved over 2.5l/km ~ 9.4mpg i got around town when i bought it, looks like maintainance helps
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #26604
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

And after That, Got check gauge light,
P0523 Oil Pressure Sensor High
Oil pressure sensor input above acceptable voltage.

What to do? New oil pressure sensor?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 12-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #26605
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
And after That, Got check gauge light, P0523 Oil Pressure Sensor High Oil pressure sensor input above acceptable voltage. What to do? New oil pressure sensor?
That's what mine was. Easy fix but I would get a Mopar replacement because I had replace my AZ one after 6 months.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #26606
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Getting an estimate, hope it's not totaled

Update: a little over $2000 estimate from the dealer. Going to get another opinion.
image-1482892048.jpg

image-727146174.jpg

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #26607
NUC2003WJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post
Was the retrofit hard?
It was actually quite easy. I just googled up HID retrofits (doesn't have to be specifically for WJ) and went from there.

I recommend using TheRetrofitSource's Mini H1 projector kit for a first timer. It's basically plug & play once you have the housing disassembled.

Tips(?);
1. Remove everything you can from assembly, ie vents, bulbs, clips, etc.
2. Pre-heat oven to 220-250(F) before you put the housing in.
3. Put some cardboard or wood between oven rack and housing.
4. Bake one at a time as you kind of have to move quickly
4a. Get some gloves; I had some high temp gloves from work, but some clean mechanic's gloves should do the trick.
5. Get a buddy to break up the adhesive strings that will form when you separate the housing; if no body... have a box cutter or something handy.
6. If you get adhesive somewhere it doesn't belong just peel a bit of extra off somewhere and stick it to itself and it peels right up.
7. The bottom of the turn signal is fairly level, align the horizontal of the projector to that.
8. The lowbeam shield (OEM) can be removed completely without cutting the reflector; bend it back and forth a few times and the screw holding it in should loosen up enough you can remove it with your fingers.
9. Glue/screw the projector shroud to the projector/ring; one of my shrouds came loose because I trusted the friction fit and I will have to re-separate the housing to repair it.
10. Clean the reflector, lens, etc really well before reassembling; trust me that stray finger print will bug you cause it's so easy to avoid.
11. Good luck on wiring...
(Some of these tips are assuming you used an aftermarket, stock replacement housing; I'm not sure if they would apply to say OEM/Mopar housings.)

Feel free to email/PM me if you need more info on how I worked around something. I'm contemplating making another DIY guide for these Morimoto Minis since most of the other guides were for hacking/gluing OEM/bigger projectors.

NUC2003WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #26608
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
Getting an estimate, hope it's not totaled Update: a little over $2000 estimate from the dealer. Going to get another opinion.
Auch, atleast it isnt as croocked as mine was

Unread 12-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #26609
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Auch, atleast it isnt as croocked as mine was
Not near as bad! I'm surprised because I could fix it for under $800 lol
I already have a spare bumper I got from Dillon(jf user) and my factory taillights. 2nd estimate was $1915 with a 5 day turnaround.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #26610
willieray

Stated it parked in backyard as I walked out the house, to my Honda, to go to work. Smh
willieray is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.