What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1769 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 12-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #26521
MTB04WJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgohsman View Post
Is that around town? Because that's about what I get. On the expressway, if I go. 65 and keep my foot out of it, I get over 20mpg. But I've recently replaced all of the bearings in my front differential, wheel hubs and front drive shaft. Before that, I was seeing 16-17mpg on the expressway. Turns out that round bearings are better. Lol
That's me doing regular daily driving country roads and some city. I try to keep the rpm's less than 2500

MTB04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #26522
cde02ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek
Put stock shocks back on. Lesson learned: Monroe Sensa-trac shocks suck! On a positive note, I can now swap front and rear shocks in less than an hour now lol. Going for Bilsteins after Xmas.
What was bad about them? I was considering them, I am on my 3rd set of oem shocks, and only have 78k on it.
cde02ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #26523
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde02ltd View Post
What was bad about them? I was considering them, I am on my 3rd set of oem shocks, and only have 78k on it.
They were pretty harsh for a supposedly smooth ride. Any roads with washboard type bumps made it unbearable, almost like a bucking bronco. I had a mustang with lowering springs on it and it rode comparable to that. It was like any road imperfection was amplified. When I came to a stop it bounced back and forth like a pogo stick. My lifted zj rides smoother. I'm sure after a few thousand miles it's not as bad but I don't have the patience to wait.
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #26524
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Put stock shocks back on. Lesson learned: Monroe Sensa-trac shocks suck! On a positive note, I can now swap front and rear shocks in less than an hour now lol. Going for Bilsteins after Xmas.
Thanks, I will avoid them. I have been looking at shocks when I do my BB. Bilsteins seems to be in the lead.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #26525
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post

Thanks, I will avoid them. I have been looking at shocks when I do my BB. Bilsteins seems to be in the lead.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
I only went that route because they were under $100 and had a rebate. I had Bilstein HD's on my ZJ with a bb and it was great, rode better than stock. Now with the IRO 3.5 lift I have Bilstein 5100's and it still rides great. I must've had a brain fart when I got Monroe for the WJ...but I'm back to reality now lol.
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #26526
BOVWJ
2000 WJ 

Got the roof rack all done being fab'd and dropped off to get powder coated Get to pick it up in the morning cant wait. I'll post more picks when I get it back.
rooffack1.jpg

roofrack2.jpg

BOVWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #26527
scorch05
2002 WJ 

Wasn't today but over the weekend I changed out the tstat. Found out that the radiator drain petcock is clogged or otherwise inoperable which made a 1 hour job into a 3 hour one.
scorch05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #26528
NOTW_WJ

2004 WJ 

Replaced my fuel filter and while I was under there, I noticed ANOTHER leak. I already have a leak at the input shaft of the transfer case and now I noticed oil running down the oil pan!! I'm hoping it's only the oil pan gasket and not the rear main leaking. At 118K, I'm wondering if I'm going to have to start going through the drive line one by one and freshening them up. I already have most of the parts to rebuild/upgrade the transfer case and It would be so much easier to pull and rebuild the engine/trans/transfer case at once but there's NO way i can afford that right now!!!
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #26529
CheapGuy
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Put stock shocks back on. Lesson learned: Monroe Sensa-trac shocks suck! On a positive note, I can now swap front and rear shocks in less than an hour now lol.

Going for Bilsteins after Xmas.
You'll love the Bilsteins. Worth the money.

Crazy story - It was cold outside a few weeks ago and my SES light came on so instead of doing what I normally do - fix it myself, I dropped it off at a local shop. While it was there I told them to also check a clunk in the front end. They called me and said it looked like my shocks were OEM and likely the problem and suggested I go with Monroe Sensa-tracs! I didn't say anything until I got to the shop and said are you guys serious? I pointed out that Bilsteins have the distinct blue/yellow color which was easy to see. They said they were so dirty that they "'looked" like OEM despite the fact that I had washed it three days earlier. Needless to say I won't be going back to that shop; in fact I question if the SES fix was legit now.

Anyway - Lately my ignition switch has been acting up - not turning. After the shop experience today I just fixed it myself, including changing the tumblers. Easy half hour job, with most of that changing the tumblers.
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #26530
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapGuy View Post

You'll love the Bilsteins. Worth the money.
X2 second that. Have had mine for about a year and they ride great.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #26531
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj
x2 second that. Have had mine for about a year and they ride great.

x3!

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #26532
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapGuy
You'll love the Bilsteins. Worth the money. Crazy story - It was cold outside a few weeks ago and my SES light came on so instead of doing what I normally do - fix it myself, I dropped it off at a local shop. While it was there I told them to also check a clunk in the front end. They called me and said it looked like my shocks were OEM and likely the problem and suggested I go with Monroe Sensa-tracs! I didn't say anything until I got to the shop and said are you guys serious? I pointed out that Bilsteins have the distinct blue/yellow color which was easy to see. They said they were so dirty that they "'looked" like OEM despite the fact that I had washed it three days earlier. Needless to say I won't be going back to that shop; in fact I question if the SES fix was legit now. Anyway - Lately my ignition switch has been acting up - not turning. After the shop experience today I just fixed it myself, including changing the tumblers. Easy half hour job, with most of that changing the tumblers.
Sounds like a shop I had some bad experiences when I had my Toyota truck, the worse problem was when I was working 60 hours a week and I had a head gasket blow took it to a local shop, they changed it and when I went to pick it up they told me my oil pump was no good and they would have to go back in, I asked if they would redo the head gasket for no charge since that way why I hired them they said no. Then I asked when did they notice the oil pump they said when they first started, so I asked why did they not call and let me know all I got was I don't know. Need less to say I took it home and re did all the work they did plus fix my oil pump. Since that day I do not trust any shop. I did get revenge because of me they are no longer in business. I sat in front of their shop on public sidewalk and stopped their work for months on my free time. And went to the bbb. I think what really did it to them was word of mouth. I still bad mouth that shop haha

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #26533
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho
Sounds like a shop I had some bad experiences when I had my Toyota truck, the worse problem was when I was working 60 hours a week and I had a head gasket blow took it to a local shop, they changed it and when I went to pick it up they told me my oil pump was no good and they would have to go back in, I asked if they would redo the head gasket for no charge since that way why I hired them they said no. Then I asked when did they notice the oil pump they said when they first started, so I asked why did they not call and let me know all I got was I don't know. Need less to say I took it home and re did all the work they did plus fix my oil pump. Since that day I do not trust any shop. I did get revenge because of me they are no longer in business. I sat in front of their shop on public sidewalk and stopped their work for months on my free time. And went to the bbb. I think what really did it to them was word of mouth. I still bad mouth that shop haha
What shop?
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #26534
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

A shop in CDa I think it was called Jimmy's imports

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
Unread 12-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #26535
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo24
What shop?
Have you checked out that overland/expedition thread? I think that what our Wjs are best for

My build thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.