What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 176 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #2626
justn
2002 WJ 

Took my Jeep back in the Oceano Dunes yesterday for the first time. It performed admirably!

justn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #2627
WThorn
1999 WJ 

Here it is I'll get more detailed pics and stuff soon, the interior could use a good cleaning and I have to figure out why the gate and rear window doesn't lock like the rest of the doors....hmm...I'll use the search feature and figure it out. Everything else seems to work including the rear wiper.

The headlight lenses need to be wet sanded and polished to clean up the cloudiness but that's pretty easy to do.
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #2628
jclauson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WThorn View Post
Here it is I'll get more detailed pics and stuff soon, the interior could use a good cleaning and I have to figure out why the gate and rear window doesn't lock like the rest of the doors....hmm...I'll use the search feature and figure it out. Everything else seems to work including the rear wiper.

mine does the same thing. I'm just going to disconnect the switch because I don't need the window to to open.. actually my gate locks just the window doesn't lock

check it out
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/hysterias-90-yj-build-1190617/
jclauson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #2629
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
1999 WJ 

Started it. It ran while I took my snowboard racks off. Need to finish it soon I guess.

WJ, WK, CJ5

[CENTER][URL="http://staythetrail.org/"][COLOR="Navy"]Stay the Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #188[/COLOR][/CENTER]
GraKee99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #2630
WThorn
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclauson View Post
mine does the same thing. I'm just going to disconnect the switch because I don't need the window to to open.. actually my gate locks just the window doesn't lock
I can open my window then the factory alarm goes off, and the gate will open but not set the alarm off

Also when you open the back window the hinge on the left sides seems to bind up, haven't gotten much of a chance to look at very close it was a rushed day trying to buy it before going to work and I was 45 minutes late for that.
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #2631
frets217
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WThorn View Post
buy it before going to work and I was 45 minutes late for that.
All that matters is you got a WJ.

As for me, My girlfriend's grandparents owned a WJ that was recently totaled due to some idiot who drove into their house late at night. They called me and asked if I wanted the tow package. I wonder how they knew I was in the market for one

ANNNNNNNNNND one of my co-workers gave me a slightly older kenwood deck that I'm going to instal this weekend because my CD player forgot how to play CDs.

I am bi-winning today.

04 WJ Laredo, 4.0l I6, SelecTrac.
-Uniden Pro520xl w/4ft firestick style antenna/ PA speaker.
frets217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #2632
WThorn
1999 WJ 

I just went out to get the cd changer magazine/cartridge to load it and guess what it isn't there, going to ask PO about it today and probably have to source one from ebay unless someone on here has one they will let go cheaply.
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #2633
JRobes
2004 WJ 

Ordered a set of revo2's...being installed on saturday
Pearl Black 2004 Overland - OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Quick Disco's, JKS Track Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Moog TRE's, K&N filter, Audio Aux Input, 10th Anniv. 2013 Rubi Rims, 32.1" BFG KM's, removable rear seat mod
JRobes is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #2634
devis
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justn View Post
Took my Jeep back in the Oceano Dunes yesterday for the first time. It performed admirably!

Love that place. We try and go every year for 2-4 days. That's pretty much the extent of having to live without showers

What kind of tires do you have. I plan to take my Jeep there this summer and do some sand dunning of my own. No more of that ATV crap that get stuck everywhere.

And to keep up with the thread... I changed the battery last night. The bracket bolt that holds the battery in place was rusted beyond belief, and there's extremely little room to maneuver. Not to mention the contacts wouldn't come off the old one so I ended up getting new ones. All in all a very fun evening. 2 months of ownership and so far I've done 3 door regulators, TPS and battery. Gotta say loving getting my hands dirty and the learning process.
devis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #2635
justn
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devis View Post
Love that place. We try and go every year for 2-4 days. That's pretty much the extent of having to live without showers

What kind of tires do you have. I plan to take my Jeep there this summer and do some sand dunning of my own. No more of that ATV crap that get stuck everywhere.
Yeah its fun back there! Usually my family will camp at Pismo Coast Village, if you can call that camping haha. I just stayed with some friends at Cal Poly for a couple days.

As far as tires go they're just BFG Long Trail T/A Tour tires. They were on there when I got it and they're practically brand new too. I just took them down to 10 psi and could go just about anywhere.
justn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #2636
jemrey81
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frets217 View Post
All that matters is you got a WJ.

As for me, My girlfriend's grandparents owned a WJ that was recently totaled due to some idiot who drove into their house late at night. They called me and asked if I wanted the tow package. I wonder how they knew I was in the market for one

ANNNNNNNNNND one of my co-workers gave me a slightly older kenwood deck that I'm going to instal this weekend because my CD player forgot how to play CDs.

I am bi-winning today.

Any chance it had some front tow hooks?? I will gladly come and remove them
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #2637
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
im in the club... i actually think you did yours after you saw my post when i was finished
hahah I think you were the final push, I dont ever see it but I've gotten a couple complements and it looks really nice

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #2638
Retski
2002 WJ 

Built a new lightbar, and added 4 55watt hologens. And yes the sunroof still has clearance.
100_3186.jpg   100_3189.jpg   100_3187.jpg   100_3188.jpg   100_3190.jpg  

RETSKI 2002 Wj Limited. 4" RC. 31" Goodyear ats. Debadged. Homeade Disco's. Quick release rear seats. Halo headlights. Euro tailights. Mtx amp under rear seat. 2 12" mtx subs. Custom Exaust, 2" wheel spacers. Trimmed front bumber. Custom lightbar & 4 55watt halogen fog lights.
Retski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #2639
radryan505
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retski View Post
Built a new lightbar, and added 4 55watt hologens. And yes the sunroof still has clearance.
Those look sick!
how much did you pay for those lights? and where did you get em?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d8...banner-1-1.jpg

Fetal Panic Ink---- Custom Shirts and Vinyl Decals----Fetalpanicink.com or Facebook Fetal Panic Ink.
radryan505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #2640
Retski
2002 WJ 

the light were 25 buck for a set of 2, I got them at advanced, I was worried that they wouldn't be bright enough, but they are I'm still seeing spots.
RETSKI 2002 Wj Limited. 4" RC. 31" Goodyear ats. Debadged. Homeade Disco's. Quick release rear seats. Halo headlights. Euro tailights. Mtx amp under rear seat. 2 12" mtx subs. Custom Exaust, 2" wheel spacers. Trimmed front bumber. Custom lightbar & 4 55watt halogen fog lights.
Retski is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.