What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1759 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 12-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #26371
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
I would just pay the ticket and keep the tint. I got a ticket here in NC for my tint being to dark and it was going to be a $295 ticket if I didn't strip it off. I took the tint off and had the ticket dropped and had it retinted the next day.
It's a little dark for her anyway... I was thinking about having it re-tinted somewhere around either 35% or 50%. The other reason for wanting to strip it, aside from the ticket, is because we bought it with an issue with the tint on the drivers side door. The tint is ripped and torn a little bit at the bottom in a little triangle. Not a big deal, but enough to bother me. Not bothered enough to have ripped it off yet, but it'll come off.

As for court, all I have to do is take a picture of a navy blue WJ to court without any tint on it and I guess that should do the trick. LOL!

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #26372
TwinchargedRX7
2002 WJ 

Finally new wheels and tires.

-JK moabs painted black
- general grabber 245/70/17. Multiple threads say that's the largest that will fit in the spare well. But that must not be for A/T tires. These go in, but don't sit all the way down in the well so the rear cover won't close all the way

Before:

After:

I love it. This is on a Kodak HD lift with OME HD's and bilsteins. No I have to move on to fixing a bunch of stuff (heater core, airbag control module, rear wishbone control arm and ball joint, etc....
TwinchargedRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #26373
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Looks really good. If you have on board air or carry a compressor like me, you could always try airing down the tyre a bit (or a lot!) to see if it will squeeze into the well a bit lower down.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #26374
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

TwinchargedRX7 the WJ look OKs real nice but I would of gone with bigger tires.
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #26375
Teflon916
1999 WJ 

Drove mine through the snow for the first time yesterday. Drove from sacramento to Tahoe.At fist I was really put off by the way the quadradrive acted. I would be driving around a bend, I would start getting some oversteer then I would shoot back straight once the fronts kicked in. I didn't like it at first and thought selec trac part time mode would be so much better for this. After driving for a while and having the same thing happen on numberous occasions I found out that giving a little gas while going around the corners actually helped with control. Kind of seemed like the Tc would get more responsive as I kept breaking loose. Like the transfer case had to warm up. If that makes any sense. Might be my imagination. I did a few doughnuts in a parking lot and scared the **** out of myself. Thought I was going to tip over. Never done that before either. By the end of the journey I was quite happy and satisfied with how the wj performed and I'm in no hurry to swap my tc.

Sent from the top of my VISA card
Teflon916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #26376
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Strapped a Christmas tree to the roof to get it home from the hardware store. Christmas is a comin'. Can't wait. Who says Christmas us just got kids!

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
Unread 12-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #26377
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinchargedRX7
Finally new wheels and tires. -JK moabs painted black - general grabber 245/70/17. Multiple threads say that's the largest that will fit in the spare well. But that must not be for A/T tires. These go in, but don't sit all the way down in the well so the rear cover won't close all the way Before: After: I love it. This is on a Kodak HD lift with OME HD's and bilsteins. No I have to move on to fixing a bunch of stuff (heater core, airbag control module, rear wishbone control arm and ball joint, etc....
That look tits for sure, what kinda grill is That?
I likeee
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #26378
rugsWJ
2000 WJ 

Found a some trails near my house. Did a quick drive through last night and getting some friends to come again today.

Unread 12-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #26379
dcampbell4

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsWJ
Found a some trails near my house. Did a quick drive through last night and getting some friends to come again today.
Where did you get that shorty antenna? Looks very clean I like it.
dcampbell4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #26380
lvngtheJEEPlife
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04dubjay View Post
TIghtened up pitman arm to gear box because I had lots-0-play! Also installed a class 3 hitch I got from a buddy for 80 bucks (brand new condition)! Been waiting about a year to get one second hand!
Did it actually help?
Unread 12-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #26381
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

Changed my oil, transfer case fluid. Put in a new pcv and tps. found a broken ground strap going from the transmission to the frame so I replaced the with new connectors and a new wire. Also cleaned and sealed my wheels and flipped them so I got white letters out now.
joshtarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #26382
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
It's a little dark for her anyway... I was thinking about having it re-tinted somewhere around either 35% or 50%. The other reason for wanting to strip it, aside from the ticket, is because we bought it with an issue with the tint on the drivers side door. The tint is ripped and torn a little bit at the bottom in a little triangle. Not a big deal, but enough to bother me. Not bothered enough to have ripped it off yet, but it'll come off. As for court, all I have to do is take a picture of a navy blue WJ to court without any tint on it and I guess that should do the trick. LOL!
I had to take mine down to the dmv and let one of the state troopers look at mine so they would dismiss it. Here the law is 35% on the front doors and on SUVs and trucks all of the other windows can be as dark as you want. At one time I had 5% all the way around but I had to strip it recently to pass inspection and haven't got around to retinting it. Where in VA are you? I am up there somewhat frequently in Roanoke, Lynchburg and Brookneal to visit family and the police have never given me any problems about my tint.
Unread 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #26383
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^White side out is Nice, you know the rule,,,
Pics or it didnt happen,,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #26384
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
I had to take mine down to the dmv and let one of the state troopers look at mine so they would dismiss it. Here the law is 35% on the front doors and on SUVs and trucks all of the other windows can be as dark as you want. At one time I had 5% all the way around but I had to strip it recently to pass inspection and haven't got around to retinting it. Where in VA are you? I am up there somewhat frequently in Roanoke, Lynchburg and Brookneal to visit family and the police have never given me any problems about my tint.
I'm in Roanoke, actually!

I've always had tinted windows on everything, but it's never been a problem before. I knew it would happen eventually. 50% on the front two, and 35% in the rear is what's legal here. The windows on my TJ are just as dark, if not darker--but I also have my doors off or windows down (and the back windows out) as much as possible.

He followed me for a second I guess running the plate and making sure I had VA plates. It seems like you can do whatever you want in NC/SC and be legal as far as lights, tint, etc. If you're from out of state, it seems like they leave you alone. He was a ticket writing machine though
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #26385
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

I'll take pictures after I take it to the car wash. Forgot how hard it is to keep a white vehicle clean. Gotta stop at the exhaust shop and get a muffler this week. I want to do Kolaks setup but can't afford it at the moment and my muffler is leaking out of all the seams. Think I'll just throw on a basic Magnaflow for now. Call me paranoid but I don't like having an exhaust leak with 2 kids in the back seat.
joshtarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.