What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1758 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #26356
jmarler25
2000 WJ 

Installed my 3" Kolak lift. Super jacked.

jmarler25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #26357
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Got my Christmas tree from the mountains,, like any good jeep guy would do ;-)

image-2038190047.jpg

image-633256899.jpg

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #26358
Kilopup
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarler25
Installed my 3" Kolak lift. Super jacked.
Before & after pics?
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #26359
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got a ticket in the WJ today! D'oh!

We bought her Jeep with illegal window tint. This is my first window tint ticket in my life, and most every vehicle I've ever owned has had moderately illegal window tint--including my TJ. It was a trooper, and he was kind of a prick about it. You could tell he was a ticket writing machine with how fast he talked and how fast he wrote the ticket. Within a few seconds of stopping, he was already at the window with a tint meter in his hand. He tested the front windows to be 16%. Unfortunately, 50% is the darkest you can have the front windows in Virginia, and 35% in the rear.

I thought all WJ's came with privacy glass in the rear, but maybe not? The tint seems to match all the way around. I guess we'll get the front windows re-tinted to be legal and hopefully they'll drop it in court like they normally do. Kind of pissed because it's not my vehicle, per say (it's hers, and we're not married or anything, and I'm going to have to miss a day of work to make it to court out of town--OR, pay more than $90 and suck it up.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #26360
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Bought it a remote start. These last couple days waking up in the single digits pushed me over the edge. Also got my 5th Rubi wheel mounted to the new spare. Wish I could put the spare in upside down in the back and use that extra space for jumper cables and stuff.
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #26361
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Headlights!!!

CCFL Are deff much brighter than my old led's
I like those and I'm not really a fan of most aftermarket headlights. Where did you get those and if you don't mind me asking, how much?

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #26362
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Bought it a remote start. These last couple days waking up in the single digits pushed me over the edge. Also got my 5th Rubi wheel mounted to the new spare. Wish I could put the spare in upside down in the back and use that extra space for jumper cables and stuff.
That's exactly what I did. Just attack the old jack mounting points with a hammer till they are flat (my jack was always under the rear seat anyway!) and put something thin and soft in the well to stop the face of the wheel being scratched. Mines been like that for about a year and the space is really useful.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
Unread 12-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #26363
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
I like those and I'm not really a fan of most aftermarket headlights. Where did you get those and if you don't mind me asking, how much?
Thx, i love them myself, They Are Spyder CCFL projectors from ebay, cost 200ish $
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #26364
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post

Thx, i love them myself, They Are Spyder CCFL projectors from ebay, cost 200ish $
I found a set of smoked halos and led tail lights on ebay 275 for it all, only reason I havent pulled the trigger on them is because they arent ccfl. Itll cost 350 to get the same led tail lights and smoked ccfl halos. Unless you can convert the halos to ccfl. I dunno if thats possible.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #26365
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy
I found a set of smoked halos and led tail lights on ebay 275 for it all, only reason I havent pulled the trigger on them is because they arent ccfl. Itll cost 350 to get the same led tail lights and smoked ccfl halos. Unless you can convert the halos to ccfl. I dunno if thats possible.
Id think you can upgrade led halo's to CCFL,
Go CCFL no doubt, the led is Way to dim in daylight.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #26366
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Got a ticket in the WJ today! D'oh! We bought her Jeep with illegal window tint. This is my first window tint ticket in my life, and most every vehicle I've ever owned has had moderately illegal window tint--including my TJ. It was a trooper, and he was kind of a prick about it. You could tell he was a ticket writing machine with how fast he talked and how fast he wrote the ticket. Within a few seconds of stopping, he was already at the window with a tint meter in his hand. He tested the front windows to be 16%. Unfortunately, 50% is the darkest you can have the front windows in Virginia, and 35% in the rear. I thought all WJ's came with privacy glass in the rear, but maybe not? The tint seems to match all the way around. I guess we'll get the front windows re-tinted to be legal and hopefully they'll drop it in court like they normally do. Kind of pissed because it's not my vehicle, per say (it's hers, and we're not married or anything, and I'm going to have to miss a day of work to make it to court out of town--OR, pay more than $90 and suck it up.
I would just pay the ticket and keep the tint. I got a ticket here in NC for my tint being to dark and it was going to be a $295 ticket if I didn't strip it off. I took the tint off and had the ticket dropped and had it retinted the next day.
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #26367
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post

That's exactly what I did. Just attack the old jack mounting points with a hammer till they are flat (my jack was always under the rear seat anyway!) and put something thin and soft in the well to stop the face of the wheel being scratched. Mines been like that for about a year and the space is really useful.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
That's a great idea thanks!
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #26368
HiPERnx
1999 WJ 

Drifted it yesterday together with my friends BMW 328, Volvo 740, 940 and a Subaru Impreza. (On snow. it's a Swedish thing, you wouldn't understand )
My WJ/WG did stood out to say the least.....

Cleaned my summer rims/tires for storage today.
HiPERnx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #26369
CoastieShep
2001 WJ 

Used it to haul a big desk that's now a work bench.
CoastieShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #26370
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Played in the first snow
Solid 3"
image-737120084.jpg

image-4284835648.jpg

image-774558081.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.