What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1758 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #26356
jmarler25
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmond, ok
Posts: 13
Installed my 3" Kolak lift. Super jacked.

jmarler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #26357
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise, id
Posts: 1,998
Got my Christmas tree from the mountains,, like any good jeep guy would do ;-)

image-2038190047.jpg



image-633256899.jpg
__________________
[SIZE="4"][url=http://www.exiledoffroad.com]EXILED OFFROAD[/url][/SIZE]

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #26358
Kilopup
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fruit Heights, Utah
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarler25
Installed my 3" Kolak lift. Super jacked.
Before & after pics?
__________________
-Doug 2000WJ 4.7, IRO 3", MB TKO 16 wheels, 245/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, Bilstein 5100's, JKS adj. trackbar, MOOG super trail boss SS
Kilopup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #26359
vanillathrilla
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,218
Got a ticket in the WJ today! D'oh!

We bought her Jeep with illegal window tint. This is my first window tint ticket in my life, and most every vehicle I've ever owned has had moderately illegal window tint--including my TJ. It was a trooper, and he was kind of a prick about it. You could tell he was a ticket writing machine with how fast he talked and how fast he wrote the ticket. Within a few seconds of stopping, he was already at the window with a tint meter in his hand. He tested the front windows to be 16%. Unfortunately, 50% is the darkest you can have the front windows in Virginia, and 35% in the rear.

I thought all WJ's came with privacy glass in the rear, but maybe not? The tint seems to match all the way around. I guess we'll get the front windows re-tinted to be legal and hopefully they'll drop it in court like they normally do. Kind of pissed because it's not my vehicle, per say (it's hers, and we're not married or anything, and I'm going to have to miss a day of work to make it to court out of town--OR, pay more than $90 and suck it up.
__________________
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #26360
Hytek
Senior Member
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 791
Bought it a remote start. These last couple days waking up in the single digits pushed me over the edge. Also got my 5th Rubi wheel mounted to the new spare. Wish I could put the spare in upside down in the back and use that extra space for jumper cables and stuff.
__________________
98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #26361
Jeeples
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/, UT
Posts: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Headlights!!!

CCFL Are deff much brighter than my old led's
I like those and I'm not really a fan of most aftermarket headlights. Where did you get those and if you don't mind me asking, how much?
__________________
His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- stock

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #26362
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!
 
alfaitalia's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bognor, West Sussex. England. Great Britain
Posts: 2,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Bought it a remote start. These last couple days waking up in the single digits pushed me over the edge. Also got my 5th Rubi wheel mounted to the new spare. Wish I could put the spare in upside down in the back and use that extra space for jumper cables and stuff.
That's exactly what I did. Just attack the old jack mounting points with a hammer till they are flat (my jack was always under the rear seat anyway!) and put something thin and soft in the well to stop the face of the wheel being scratched. Mines been like that for about a year and the space is really useful.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alfaitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 04:21 AM   #26363
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
I like those and I'm not really a fan of most aftermarket headlights. Where did you get those and if you don't mind me asking, how much?
Thx, i love them myself, They Are Spyder CCFL projectors from ebay, cost 200ish $
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #26364
Trxgedy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post

Thx, i love them myself, They Are Spyder CCFL projectors from ebay, cost 200ish $
I found a set of smoked halos and led tail lights on ebay 275 for it all, only reason I havent pulled the trigger on them is because they arent ccfl. Itll cost 350 to get the same led tail lights and smoked ccfl halos. Unless you can convert the halos to ccfl. I dunno if thats possible.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #26365
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy
I found a set of smoked halos and led tail lights on ebay 275 for it all, only reason I havent pulled the trigger on them is because they arent ccfl. Itll cost 350 to get the same led tail lights and smoked ccfl halos. Unless you can convert the halos to ccfl. I dunno if thats possible.
Id think you can upgrade led halo's to CCFL,
Go CCFL no doubt, the led is Way to dim in daylight.
__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #26366
1999wjlimited
Senior Member
 
1999wjlimited's Avatar
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lenoir, North Carolina
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Got a ticket in the WJ today! D'oh! We bought her Jeep with illegal window tint. This is my first window tint ticket in my life, and most every vehicle I've ever owned has had moderately illegal window tint--including my TJ. It was a trooper, and he was kind of a prick about it. You could tell he was a ticket writing machine with how fast he talked and how fast he wrote the ticket. Within a few seconds of stopping, he was already at the window with a tint meter in his hand. He tested the front windows to be 16%. Unfortunately, 50% is the darkest you can have the front windows in Virginia, and 35% in the rear. I thought all WJ's came with privacy glass in the rear, but maybe not? The tint seems to match all the way around. I guess we'll get the front windows re-tinted to be legal and hopefully they'll drop it in court like they normally do. Kind of pissed because it's not my vehicle, per say (it's hers, and we're not married or anything, and I'm going to have to miss a day of work to make it to court out of town--OR, pay more than $90 and suck it up.
I would just pay the ticket and keep the tint. I got a ticket here in NC for my tint being to dark and it was going to be a $295 ticket if I didn't strip it off. I took the tint off and had the ticket dropped and had it retinted the next day.
__________________
1999 WJ Limited 4.7 4x4 Flowmaster super 44 - 16x8.5" Mb TKO - 2.5" bb - 245/70/16 uniroyal liberator - Pioneer Appradio 2 with reverse camera - electroluminescent gauges - 5% Tint
1999wjlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #26367
Hytek
Senior Member
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post

That's exactly what I did. Just attack the old jack mounting points with a hammer till they are flat (my jack was always under the rear seat anyway!) and put something thin and soft in the well to stop the face of the wheel being scratched. Mines been like that for about a year and the space is really useful.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
That's a great idea thanks!
__________________
98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #26368
HiPERnx
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tyresö, Sweden
Posts: 120
Drifted it yesterday together with my friends BMW 328, Volvo 740, 940 and a Subaru Impreza. (On snow. it's a Swedish thing, you wouldn't understand )
My WJ/WG did stood out to say the least.....



Cleaned my summer rims/tires for storage today.
__________________
Gustaf
Sweden, Stockholm
Jeep WG (WJ) 1999 4.7 v8 -All Stock
HiPERnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #26369
CoastieShep
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms.
Posts: 283
Used it to haul a big desk that's now a work bench.
CoastieShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #26370
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED
 
Thomahawk's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 7,288
Played in the first snow
Solid 3"
image-737120084.jpg

image-4284835648.jpg

image-774558081.jpg

__________________
2004 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO Quadradrive
95 ZJ Limited 5.2 Winter Project
Sold 94 ZJ Laredo 4.0 Winter Beater
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.