What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1756 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #26326
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj
I'd recommend a 3" lift then and 3/4" spacers. I know I'm biased but I run a ome hd lift with bilsteins with the coil spacers and a 255/75/17 rubicon takeoff. LOVE the setup. Youll definitely want to go bigger with just 2"...most likely anyway.
I did the whole bb thing and wheel spacers from rough country running 32s, I really wished I would have went with iro 4" long arms, I love my Wj but I am realizing the limitations of this rig unless you got a lot of money,

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #26327
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

I did the whole bb thing and wheel spacers from rough country running 32s, I really wished I would have went with iro 4" long arms, I love my Wj but I am realizing the limitations of this rig unless you got a lot of money,
Veru true. I'm just under 4" with adj uppers and lowers up front. Wish I just went 6.5" long arm haha not even close to the budget though. Its still handled most of what I've thrown at it and I love my setup.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #26328
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtarmy1 View Post
Did some searching and actually starting to find some wheels that would work. Hmm $200 on spacers and keep my stock wheels or spring about $500 on a nice set of Pro Comp Alloys with 4.5" BS? Just not sure how they would look on a white WJ, windows are tinted black so that helps a little. Not a fan of chrome. Plus I have seen what salt does to chrome wheels.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se...n=PXA7089-6873
I'd say go with new wheels

Too bad you're not closer, there is a guy selling a like new set of 5 on craigslist for $450... Anyway, amazon has them pretty cheap right now...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #26329
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

Make that closer to $600, forgot about the spare.
joshtarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #26330
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post

Spidertrax spacers say explicitly 90 ft/lbs, i guess over that you could run the risk of cracking the aluminum. I may have done 95 for good measure :thumsup: (I think you would have to go way past 90 for them to crack)
Any more than specified and you could Mar the aluminum and "unbalance" the fit. Even if every nut was torqued the same. If you can follow that. It won't crack the aluminum at that small of pressure. I've been drinking and cant come up with the right description.
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #26331
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80
Any more than specified and you could Mar the aluminum and "unbalance" the fit. Even if every nut was torqued the same. If you can follow that. It won't crack the aluminum at that small of pressure. I've been drinking and cant come up with the right description.
Haha i wish i was!! But good job i get what you are saying.

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 01:42 AM   #26332
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

I have Procomp's 9" with 4.75 BS, protrude about 1",,,
image-891218663.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #26333
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Replaced my 87 c thermostat with a 92 c one. The old one was not sealing properly so it was taking a while to warm up. Also when I tested it , it was opening at just over 70 rather than the 87 it should. Not good as it was only just over a year old. Car now warms up much faster and when up to temp the heater gives out more...ermm...heat! Hopefully might improve mpg a bit too. We will see. Gauge now sits just over the thin line before half way rather than on the thick quarter marker.
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #26334
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Spidertrax spacers say explicitly 90 ft/lbs, i guess over that you could run the risk of cracking the aluminum. I may have done 95 for good measure :thumsup: (I think you would have to go way past 90 for them to crack)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr80 View Post
The risk is NOT the aluminum cracking or uneven balance, it is the established value set for the bolts themselves. If the spacers are torqued in a cross pattern and done in steps working your way up to the max torque value, they will be seated properly. The torque value is a calculated load established by Engineers (Reference the Engineering Hnadbook for details) and that is what all bolt manufacturers go by for each bolt size. The values are set to be tight enough to maximize the holding power of a particular size bolt. Over torqueing a bolt actually loses strength as a bolt will start to yield(bolt stretch or damage to the threads are common). In this case, too little and they may come loose, Too much and they will start to lose some their holding power and possibly either pull out or through the spacers, or weaken the threads. As long as you are close to the specified torque value you are fine, its just when you get to far either way from it that you'll have issues.
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #26335
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ
The risk is NOT the aluminum cracking or uneven balance, it is the established value set for the bolts themselves. If the spacers are torqued in a cross pattern and done in steps working your way up to the max torque value, they will be seated properly. The torque value is a calculated load established by Engineers (Reference the Engineering Hnadbook for details) and that is what all bolt manufacturers go by for each bolt size. The values are set to be tight enough to maximize the holding power of a particular size bolt. Over torqueing a bolt actually loses strength as a bolt will start to yield(bolt stretch or damage to the threads are common). In this case, too little and they may come loose, Too much and they will start to lose some their holding power and possibly either pull out or through the spacers, or weaken the threads. As long as you are close to the specified torque value you are fine, its just when you get to far either way from it that you'll have issues.
That didn't cross my mind when i commented earlier but I have heard of over torquing equals weakened fasteners, thanks for clarifying for us

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #26336
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Took this sexy pic of it lol

2012 JKUR wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler 245/65-17
Love them so far!
Unread 12-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #26337
nitromud
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtarmy1 View Post
Did some searching and actually starting to find some wheels that would work. Hmm $200 on spacers and keep my stock wheels or spring about $500 on a nice set of Pro Comp Alloys with 4.5" BS? Just not sure how they would look on a white WJ, windows are tinted black so that helps a little. Not a fan of chrome. Plus I have seen what salt does to chrome wheels.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Se...n=PXA7089-6873
I got my 1 1/2" spacers off ebay new a year ago for $100 shipped and they work great. I've never had an issue with them at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 12-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #26338
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
That didn't cross my mind when i commented earlier but I have heard of over torquing equals weakened fasteners, thanks for clarifying for us
No problem, So the best bet is to torque to the recommmended spec and use a dab of loctite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Took this sexy pic of it lol

2012 JKUR wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler 245/65-17
Love them so far!
Looks good, thats what mine looked like at one point and I had a set of those nittos on my full size Chevy truck and they were great.
Unread 12-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #26339
samiam2187
2004 WJ 

Put new Rugged ridge floor mats in front.

Also put in a new Idle air control and it fixed my idling issues. Also had to create my own gasket for the idle air control housing.
samiam2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #26340
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ View Post

Looks good, thats what mine looked like at one point and I had a set of those nittos on my full size Chevy truck and they were great.
Thanks man. I keep saying I'm leaving the dub alone but I should know that's not possible lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam2187 View Post
Put new Rugged ridge floor mats in front.

Also put in a new Idle air control and it fixed my idling issues. Also had to create my own gasket for the idle air control housing.
Good choice. Love my Rugged Ridge mats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.