What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1747 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #26191
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Took mine; Over the river, thought the woods, to grandmas house we go lol. Then after that stopped by my best friends, dropped a pie off and he gave me this for my late birthday present image-4266664033.jpg Man is such a artist, can't wait till we build my bumpers ;-)

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #26192
jamesrw30
2004 WJ 

Pretty freaking awesome.
jamesrw30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #26193
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Bought PS fluid this morning, refilled, bleeded, steering ok again
Added, bleeded and checked coolant once more, ok by now.
Checked, added Transmission fluid until level ok,
Ground strap mounted to driver side coil, thx to JF members, Thumbsup

Noticed That it leaked some fluid, cleaned everything down to trace it easier,
Looks like its coolant coming from the big lower radiator hose, just small dripping, so i will try to Fix this tomorow when i have axcess to a shop, its cold outside today, brrrrrr.

Quick clean of Jeep and engine compartment, it had been some spills with different fluids, lol
Looks Way better now
image-3762630711.jpg

image-3362811190.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #26194
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Buying her new tires today but I can't decide between Nitto Terra Grapplers and Hankook Dynapro ATMs.
Unread 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #26195
vagov
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Buying her new tires today but I can't decide between Nitto Terra Grapplers and Hankook Dynapro ATMs.
my buddy put a set of nittros on his ford 150 so far he is happy with them. wearing good
vagov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #26196
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Finished the massive install ive been doing for the past 5 months, and flexed it!

Then picked up this to replace the 231hd that I just built lol

Unread 11-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #26197
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

[/QUOTE]Then picked up this to replace the 231hd that I just built lol
[/QUOTE]

Are You Interested In Selling It? My 231 Is Dying And I Was Looking To Rebuild It Into A HD.
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #26198
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Then picked up this to replace the 231hd that I just built lol
[/QUOTE]

Are You Interested In Selling It? My 231 Is Dying And I Was Looking To Rebuild It Into A HD.[/QUOTE]

Yes I will be selling it. I want to put a couple miles on it first though just to make sure everything is good.

Its a 231hd originally out of a durango. I put all new bearings and seals in it. Procomp sye kit, terra 2wd low kit, brand new chain (wide chain), and a brand new 6 pinion planatery set in it.

I think I have some pics in my build thread if you want to check it out.
Unread 11-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #26199
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Changed the oil out today in the old girl. Refilled with Mobil 1 high mileage and boch filter. I had 20points on the autozone card so why not. And I always seem to spill oil NO MATTER WHAT!!! But it gave me a chance clean up the jewel box a little. Lol

image-3230691009.jpg
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #26200
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Getting quite frustrated from the car lot we got her WJ from..

We finally dropped the car off today to fix a few things that were issues when we bought it. The drivers side door panel was loose and caused the rubber window seal to get sucked down into the door frame when you put the window down. As far as I know, that friction against the glass will eventually kill the window motor or window regulator perhaps? Small fix, and surely something I could probably fix myself, but it's the principal of the matter. They agreed to fix it.

Then there was an issue where the car overheated on her once. It's been smoking a little bit lately, so that was a high priority to find out what was going on with it. It's only overheated once, but once is one too many times for me. Turns out they said the radiator had a big hole in it and the mechanic was telling me the radiator support was tweaked and the front end must have been hit at some point in time.. Told me he had to straighten it back out before he could drop the new radiator in. All is fine and well with that, and I didn't throw a fit about having to pay for it, although I'm certain it was that way when we bought it. I'm concerned that a shady mechanic may have used Stop Leak or something in the radiator to prevent it from being an issue until it was in our hands and our own problem. I know small shops and probably even big dealerships have practices like that from time to time. Whatever... No problem. We paid for it and apparently now have a new radiator.

The third issue was that it was having trouble starting. It will always start, but it has to turn over way too many times to be normal. You have to hold the key for a second while it's cranking to get it to start up. That sounds like a fuel issue to me, but I'm not a mechanic. Anyway, talked to the lot right after buying it, and he said they had just put a fuel pump in it recently before we bought it, and that they apparently didn't do a fuel filter. He agreed to have the fuel filter put in for us and that would surely resolve the hard start issue.

Well, here's my problem... Despite replacing all the clips and repositioning the window molding and whatever else he said he did, it still does it. It's more aggravating than anything because it was supposed to be fixed. They kept the car all day long. But wait, it gets better! It still hard starts!!!

Any input???
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #26201
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Found my noise! TC side of front drive shaft. Replaced with a rebuild kit and waiting for a warm spell to put it back in.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #26202
roadcrew
1999 WJ 

Found my noise! TC side of front drive shaft. Replaced with a rebuild kit and waiting for a warm spell to put it back in.

Grrr. I'm incapable of posing properly. Where's the pic?
Found it.
roadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #26203
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How did you manage to post that a second time like 45 minutes later? lol!
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #26204
pyre24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Took mine; Over the river, thought the woods, to grandmas house we go lol. Then after that stopped by my best friends, dropped a pie off and he gave me this for my late birthday present Man is such a artist, can't wait till we build my bumpers ;-)
That is awesome. Love it.
pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #26205
joshtarmy1
2000 WJ 

On my WJ that ground strap goes to the bolt holding the coil on cylinder 7
joshtarmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.