Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#34,761 ·
Picked up and installed some 1.5" wheel spacers today. Greased the ball joints while I was there. Then washed it and painted the gas tank skid black. Was too dark to take pictures but I'll get some tomorrow. I like how it looks. The wheels sit about flush, maybe a 1/2" out of the wheel well now

#34,763 ·
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: I would have tried to kill that bird.

Had a visitor. Went to hardware store to pick up some wood for a project and came home. Left the windows cracked. Came back out an hour later and found a friend pooping all over my interior.

View attachment 2047169

#34,764 ·
New 4-pin fuel injectors and heat shield. the only one literally fell apart in my hands. I will say the Jeep def idles a lot smoother now after the injector upgrade.

Overall only took 45 min, start to finish. The rail came right out, no issues at all

Attachments

#34,766 ·
Did a few things
replaced my upper tie rods with moog. What a pain. still have to do the lowers. Replaced EVERY battery cable. These are 9 months old and are so terribly corroded i cant believe it. Did the Boat Terminal mod, Took off my throttle body and polished it. Replaced TPS and IAC. Painted it lol. Got my TC yoke FINALLY in the mail so i can finally have 4x4 back after not having it for a year. had the rezeppa Rezeppa, Did not like the 4.5 of course :D
And yes since the paint tried, i have sanded all of where gaskets go. I also messed with the spring. All is functional

#34,767 ·
Picked up and installed some 1.5" wheel spacers today. Greased the ball joints while I was there. Then washed it and painted the gas tank skid black. Was too dark to take pictures but I'll get some tomorrow. I like how it looks. The wheels sit about flush, maybe a 1/2" out of the wheel well now
All I got till the rain goes away

Attachments

#34,768 ·
Put a new receiver in. This one has a cabled aux-input and is pretty easy to use, with the "next station" button being on the driver's side of the faceplate instead of the passenger's.
I'd thought that with both units being Pioneers I'd be able to unplug one and plug in the other... not so. I'm out of butt connectors now :(

#34,774 ·
Spent a whole lot of time removing my track bar to replace the bushings. The passenger side bolt broke in half, and when looking at different ways to access the nut, found out my lower spring perches are completely rotted out. Ordered a replacement set from IRO.
Yeah I ran into that issue today too while working on the truss. It seems to be a common issue. I just cut some 1/4" plate and made new bases and I'll grab some 3" pipe later this week.

If you get the chance, extend the perches a bit to act as a spring retainer as well.

#34,776 ·
In the never ending quest to check all the generally neglected things on this wj before I put it on the road, I chrcked thr plugs tonight. They all looked pretty good but 4 of the 6 were gapped less than .030. I set them all to .035, and called it good.

The list is getting shorter. About all that is left is hood support rods, rear glass support rods, and a couple bulbs.

#34,780 ·
Not today but yesterday. Did both front and rear dif fluid change. Also did transfer case. Now I know where my ticking was coming from. T case was low. Have some worn seals. Gonna have to talk to kolak about getting replacements.