What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1734 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #25996
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
That's a Wrangler. But same general idea.
Look on page two.

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #25997
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Bought it
Nice, welcome back.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #25998
WJ4x4LIFE

Quote:
Bought it
Now, I can put a half of a mug to that name and writing of yours....
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #25999
NOTW_WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagov View Post
i trimmed away some of the plastic liner on the inside of the wheelwell to eminate rub, however still catching the plug on the foglights, only in full chock reverse, has anybody replaced fogs with lower profile lighting?
You have lots of options if you want aftermarket but, I read a few guys that put nylon spacers behind the mounting screws to push the lights forward in the housings and eliminated rubbing that way. I can't find the link that had pictures about the install but, if you want to do some searching on the topic you might have better luck. Anyway, read post #14 in the link below.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...pacer-1566204/
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #26000
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeters
Scored a working 242hd & rear driveshaft off an '02 V-8 Laredo for $250.
Lucky!!! Thats a hella good deal

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #26001
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Bought it
Nice congrats

Sent from my WJ to yours

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #26002
greeky510
2000 WJ 

How much did it cost you total? Assuming you got the Akebono calipers? I was about to order from advanceauto but decided to postpone until after the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
Just purchased the Kolak brake upgrade kit for the front.
Calipers
Rotors
Pads

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
greeky510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #26003
Ikelovey
2002 WJ 

Ask him yourself kolak@aol.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeky510 View Post
How much did it cost you total? Assuming you got the Akebono calipers? I was about to order from advanceauto but decided to postpone until after the holidays.

Ikelovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #26004
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeky510 View Post

$484 shipped
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #26005
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ View Post
I replaced the rear cargo, the two side overheads, the two book lights in the evic console, the glove box, and the two under dash floor lights. I have an '04 so I already have the indiglo back lit gauge cluster.
I assume you used the Neowedge for the EVIC? What is the Indiglo? Is that the electro-luminescence bulb? I did everything, but the side handle bulbs (forgot to order) and my front door courtesy (wrong LED's). Oh, I also didn't do my vanity lights.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #26006
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Bought it
Alright, now we get to see the build up of the newest Thomahawk-mobile :-)

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #26007
NOTW_WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
I replaced the rear cargo, the two side overheads, the two book lights in the evic console, the glove box, and the two under dash floor lights. I have an '04 so I already have the indiglo back lit gauge cluster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
the EVIC and overhead lights? or the cluster and what not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
If you got through SuperBrightLED's, do you have the bulb #'s handy for each location? I did the license plate lights the other day, and they look great, but need to do the rest of the interior.
Quote:
Yep, That's where I got them, here is the numbers...

you need (5) of # WLED-xHP5

AND (3) of # 4410-X9

Type those numbers in, and then pick the color and qty. of each.

FWIW....I think I said "cool blue" earlier for the color, What I meant to say was "cool white" !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
I assume you used the Neowedge for the EVIC? What is the Indiglo? Is that the electro-luminescence bulb? I did everything, but the side handle bulbs (forgot to order) and my front door courtesy (wrong LED's). Oh, I also didn't do my vanity lights.

^^^^Here are the P/N's that I used from SuperbrightLeds. You only need two styles to replace all of the ones That I listed...The wedge style (5 total) and the 9 led festoon(3 rear) style.

And yes, i believe the proper name for the gauge display is the "electroluminescent" on the 2004 white faced cluster but, I couldn't remember off the top of my head last night

My '04 doesn't have the courtesy lights on the doors either, so I didn't get those
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #26008
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Thx everyone, Jeep ran tight and smooth, engine felt strong and trans very smooth, all the 550km/341miles back home from west coast Norway.

It sure got some issues, seller "didnt know of", throwing 2 obd codes, knock sensor and oil pressure sensor, and it has a hissing/air blowing sound, that i suspect coming from exhaust, and 2 climate codes, will look into everything tomorow, other than That its pretty damn Nice, rust free, only some rocker guard rust, which goes off anyway cause of the uglynees,
its been rust protected/undercoated some years ago, undercarriage still look Black and Nice.
No bumbs or previous paint repairs on the body, some few scratches.

After i pointed out the issues for them, i got it for a price i couldnt say no to, guess we will see if i did a steal of a deal when i Get issues sorted out and Get to check everything in depth

Guess i will be posting in this thread daily from now on, stay tuned folks i am back

T
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #26009
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Nice looking WJ Thomahawk, and black just like mine.

Now I get to watch you start from scratch building what you want. I'm too poor to build mine right now, gotta keep it stock until I get $$$ for the lift and such.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #26010
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
^^^^Here are the P/N's that I used from SuperbrightLeds. You only need two styles to replace all of the ones That I listed...The wedge style (5 total) and the 9 led festoon(3 rear) style.

And yes, i believe the proper name for the gauge display is the "electroluminescent" on the 2004 white faced cluster but, I couldn't remember off the top of my head last night

My '04 doesn't have the courtesy lights on the doors either, so I didn't get those
Thanks buddy! That was a big help, and I appreciate it! That's next on the list.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.