Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#34,621 ·
Finally got time to do this.
http://s49.photobucket.com/user/whitetrashrocker/media/jeep/20150411_131846.jpg.html

The wiring rats nest prevented me from removing the dash all the way so I just rested it between the seats.
http://s49.photobucket.com/user/whitetrashrocker/media/jeep/20150411_131027.jpg.html

And someone's been here before me.....
http://s49.photobucket.com/user/whitetrashrocker/media/jeep/20150411_133735.jpg.html

Nasty.
http://s49.photobucket.com/user/whitetrashrocker/media/jeep/20150411_141146.jpg.html

Took me 9 hours and had a print out from wjjeeps to reference. Wasn't a hard job, just an all day one.
Nice, taking dashes out is fun, right? :thumbsup:

#34,623 ·
roadcrew said:
Yup. Now I'm part of the havc box club, I'm part of the crank pos sensor club, the 0331 cracked head club... Soon I'll be able to put that sticker on that says "Re-built not bought".
you've still got a bit to go before you earn that sticker! Window regulators, clock spring, driver door ground, blower motor resistor, Evap purge lines, and it goes on and on and on. For some reason I know the wj is a bad investment money, time and frustration wise, but I will drive it till the end and wouldn't have it any other way.

#34,624 ·
My replaced part list is quite lenghty. Still yet to open the door panels though, knock on wood. But your right, there's plenty more to replace.
Next up is refreshing the front suspension. Im guessing the track bar bushings, getting a little wiggle, but will probally magnify when I get my 31s on. O well. Just empty every pocket.

#34,625 ·
Getting ready to do oil change, transfer case, front and rear difs, along with serpentine belt. Was reading on here to do tight figure eights both ways to purge air after transfer case. What is meant by both ways? Forward and reverse?
Ive bever heard of purging air from a transfer case or diff, Ive heard of priming the pumps by doing tight figure 8's. Since I dont have much space to do figure 8's I just change them and go on about my day.

#34,626 ·
Decided to do transfer case and difs later in the week. But did do oil change, new serpentine belt, cam and crank sensors, and cleaned air filter. Cam sensor was a pain did it by feel. Crank sensor was cake. Dropped starter no issues. Transfer case looks to be leaking. And old cam sensor appears to be aftermarket.

#34,629 ·
Welp, I messed up pretty bad. Changing out the shocks should have been a simple task, but sometimes life hands you lemons and sometimes you're just an idiot.

Front worked out great, the rear shock bolts were super stuck on and were pretty rusted. After an hour of fighting and getting no where, I should had stopped and looked here for assistance as I normally do. However, I told myself this is my third Grand Cherokee and am the third time of putting on new shocks so they should all be the same! WRONG!

Take it from me kiddos; when you hit a brick wall, don't try to power through the it, find a way around.

I didn't realize that it is just a single bolt going through to a welded on nut from the factory (why did they make it that way???). I thought it was a bolt going through the mount and a nut on the other side like my ZJ and WK. See where this could be going?

Because of my arrogance, I wasted a lot of time, energy, PB blaster, and Dremel discs. I opted to cut off the rear shock at the lower eyelet, and take a cut off wheel to the bolt. Which did work, kinda. Half the bolt came out and the other half did not. I ended up having to cut the factory nut off carefully. The process generated enough heat to loosen the corrosion and allowed me to unscrew the bolt.

TL;DR
I tried to hulk smash the problem instead of using my brain and feel stupid.

Luckily there's not to much harm done (besides my ego) and I bought new nuts and bolts to go through the holes.

#34,634 ·
I somehow fixed my drivers side caliper today. It's been making a clicking noise every revolution for the past week now and has been driving me nuts. All I did was take it off and wriggle it around a bit and it seemed to stop making the noise. For how long?? Who knows but I accomplished one thing today. I think I'm in need of a new hem joint on my trackbar also. I'm beginning to get some bump steer again and it's starting to get a little sloppy over bumps. Hopefully I'll have some time to swap that out this week. Always something.

#34,638 ·
Removed my overland rock rails and painted them black. Looking much better than that faded grey that they were.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - IRO 3" Lift - ARB Bumper - WARN M8000 - 265/70r17 Dick Cepek Mud Countrys

#34,640 ·
What did you use? I used Rustoleum Bed Liner it is isn't really holding up to brush all that well. IMO I did the appropriate amount of prep including adhesion promoter. Thinking of sanding it down and trying Herculiner..
From my experience the rustoleum isnt worth the can they put it in. I use the duplicolor bed liner. It lays out nicer, has a little more of a sheen to it, and is much more durable.