What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1731 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 11-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #25951
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just ordered my Bilsteins and IRO adjustable trackbar from Nick, Kolak, woohoo!! Now, just have to figure out this intermittent sluggish starting issue.

Jerry

Unread 11-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #25952
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skennedy843 View Post
Pulled off my HVAC blower to check out a random noise. Turns out a leaf got in either before i got my cabin filter install or when i had the dash off to replace the blend doors. The loud noise is gone, but i should replace the blower at some point. it sounds like the bearing s are going out.
I keeped hearing what I though was the tape deck mech making noise. Replaced radio with the RB1, still hear the noise, might have to check that out.

Jerry
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #25953
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post

Ebay......they are Polish made and not quite as heavy as the genuine mopar front bull bar and side bars I have. You can jack the car up with the side ones! I wanted a genuine mopar one for the back but they only do full width ones which would stop my reversing sensors from working. All bars are heavy stainless steel and not the feeble alloy one i've seen on some of the special edition wj,s.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
Hmm ill have to take a look. Do you have a link?

Here are the pics from the bull bar and the video for my strobes.

Annnnd the first sticker for the zombie build.

And here is the strobe video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAyx...e_gdata_player
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #25954
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Nice, Trx. All you need to do now is throw in some black Laredo headlights. Our WJ's are twins separated at birth.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #25955
jpat30

Replaced the crankcase elbow. Old on left and new installed. Thanks to tips found here on the forum it was literally a 5 min job; no broken pieces or cursing involved. Just one question, why is the grommet more than the elbow?
crankcase-elbow.jpg  
Phil 1:20
jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #25956
nitromud
2003 WJ 

Replaced both front hubs and installed the KOR upgraded bushings and 9/16" hardware in the trac bar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #25957
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

pushed my brother's dead car home, only about a mile, but it was fun experience.
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #25958
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Still not running a front drive shaft, and won't until snow or ice is forecasted.

Pulled a trailer+motorcycle a couple hundred miles today and, while going over uneven ground, noticed there is a slight popping sound coming from the rear. I'm guessing it's the shock mounts.

LIFTs, TIREs, SPRINGs & GEARs:
WJ Spring Rate Chart
Tire Size vs Lift
Tire Size vs Gear Ratio
WJ Noob Lift Chart

Driveshaft Angles & Pics of Rear Diff Pumpkins:
Correct Pinion Angles
Correct Driveline Geometry 101
Differential Covers; What They Look Like

Death Wobble (DW):IRO DW Checklist'. .JK Forum DW Notes
WJ E-Brake Reset Procedure:PDF Instructions
WJ Headers:Doug Thorley Header pics for 4.0L 99-01 WJ's ($499)

If you seek cheap thrills then battle Racine below. Doubtful, but
let me know if you beat her.
Raunchy Racine

DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #25959
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Programmed my homelink to the new house.
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #25960
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
Nice, Trx. All you need to do now is throw in some black Laredo headlights. Our WJ's are twins separated at birth.
Oh ya? Im looking at a set of smoked halos, but I really want ccfl, and the ones I like arwnt ccfl. Is there a way to convert that?

Also ive noticed a hole in my exhaust, so im looking for a cat back, I want something that won't cost a ton, but will give me an increase in performance and something that sounds aggressive but not obnoxious. Ive never bought an exhaust so this is new to me. Any opinions?
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #25961
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Programmed my homelink to the new house.

I cannot program mine to my new house! My old house was fine. I bought a new top of the line garage door opener from Lowes and it will not program! How did you do yours?
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #25962
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post

Oh ya? Im looking at a set of smoked halos, but I really want ccfl, and the ones I like arwnt ccfl. Is there a way to convert that?

Also ive noticed a hole in my exhaust, so im looking for a cat back, I want something that won't cost a ton, but will give me an increase in performance and something that sounds aggressive but not obnoxious. Ive never bought an exhaust so this is new to me. Any opinions?

Look into HID retrofitting. It's becoming more popular, there are a couple members on here who have done it and can share their knowledge.
And as far as exhaust you should contact Kolak.

Unread 11-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #25963
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918
Look into HID retrofitting. It's becoming more popular, there are a couple members on here who have done it and can share their knowledge. And as far as exhaust you should contact Kolak.
X2 on Kokak exhaust with FM70
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #25964
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post

I cannot program mine to my new house! My old house was fine. I bought a new top of the line garage door opener from Lowes and it will not program! How did you do yours?
I had the same issue when we first moved in. Worked at old, not at new. Found out the garage door opener is a rolling code which required 2 extra steps. I went here http://www.wjjeeps.com/homelink.htm and followed all 6 steps and boom it worked. Good luck!
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #25965
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post

I had the same issue when we first moved in. Worked at old, not at new. Found out the garage door opener is a rolling code which required 2 extra steps. I went here http://www.wjjeeps.com/homelink.htm and followed all 6 steps and boom it worked. Good luck!

Yeah, mine is the same and I followed this tutorial and still no luck. Maybe my garage door opener won't work with my WJ...?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.