Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#34,581 ·
Up at 5 am to finish up the dual fan install. Purposely got myself stuck in traffic on the interstate, stop and go. Never creeped over 206. Sounds like an airplane now, but I can deal with the sound if it means no more overheating.
Just recently had the same thing done on mine after I trashed the mechanical fan and relay.

#34,582 ·
grandboost98 said:
Now I'm really confused. I went home and tried the Grey key fob and to my surprise, it worked! So I figured why not throw some fresh batteries in. After putting 2 brand new batteries in, it stopped working. Put the old ones back in and they work...what gives? I'm still going to pursue the remote start with keyless entry either way, the range is much better
Have you checked the little metal tab inside that actually makes contact with the battery? I had to bend mine a bit for it to make contact and that made the fob work.

#34,583 ·
Went to the audio shop today to find some tweeters. the guy that runs the place had the oem chrysler kicker 3.5's out of his challenger he set me up with for $35/set. Got them installed after work tonight, and its a hell of a difference over no tweeters at all. Sounds respectable now.

#34,584 ·
Have you checked the little metal tab inside that actually makes contact with the battery? I had to bend mine a bit for it to make contact and that made the fob work.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did do that with both fobs as well as clean the connections. Still not sure why the new batteries won't work in it

#34,588 ·
Those fender mounts look pretty good. I prefer that over the A-pillar mount that requires trimming the side weather stripping. My only concern would be rusting at or through the mounting holes in the fender. How would that be prevented?
Well, for me I used the same epoxy to make a mating surface as I did on the roof mount, then put a small film of it on the mount itself. Bolted them down, and did a small bead of rtv around the edge of the mount. Here's to hoping water doesn't make it in as easily! :cheers2:

#34,592 ·
After fixing my TC earlier in the week, my cash flow was low. Since I was fundless, but had some spare time to put towards the Jeep.. I finally tackled the tank tuck. I will never understand what Jeep was thinking with that tank placement. It is ugly as sin and a huge liability off-road. One thing the WK has going for it is the tank perched way up next to the driveshaft.. but I digress...

I followed the same procedure SaturnICL did
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/building-white-whale-saturnicls-build-803802/
I made a few changes including trimming my stock Laredo bumper. I am really happy with the resulting clean look and clearance. As a number of really good threads already exist on the subject, I will not post all the pics here. If you want to check out the step-by-step hit me up on Instagram @d.j._2000wj.

As soon as the cash come back together, I will be looking to figure out a good hidden hitch situation, replacing my 2"BB with an IRO 3", and a set of ProComp Series 7069. Trading out my stock axles for Vari-Lok ones is also on the agenda for the summer. Now that I have a little Subaru Fozzy as an EDD, I can finally take the Jeep off the road to get stuff like this done.

Attachments

#34,594 ·
Lady is now an Overland Trailhawk. Added one in the back too, but didnt get a shot of it. Will update asap! Also got a new battery, 4 years is the limit on batteries these days. =/
I like your style. I went with the "Oscar Mike" edition

Attachments