What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1730 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #25936
PetrolPete
2002 WJ 

Broke the damn TB bolt head off trying to install the Adj one.

PetrolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #25937
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced the rear license plate lights with LED's that took over a month to get here! lol.. Looks a lot better IMHO.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #25938
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Went out to do a 30 min job of swapping out the rear sway bar bushings.. got the first 3 off.. no problem. 4th (upper one on the passenger side) broke off clean. Tried an EZ-OUT. .that snapped off flush with the broken bolt.. tried to drill around it with a smaller bit to get the extractor loose enough to take it out.. now I am up a creek. Don't know what I will do now. I might have to see if I can get a machine shop to help me out.
brouwmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #25939
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Gave the old girl a quick wash and hoover and check over........ready for my annual week long pilgrimage to Newquay (thats far South West of England- home of UK surfing) for week of surfing those Atlantic swells! Usually good surf this time of year....just use a thick wetsuit. Off tomorrow...yeah haa!

Cleans up Ok for a 10 year old ,110,000mile vehicle.
I like those bars at the corner of your rear bumper, where did you get them.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #25940
djpeters
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat
Went out to do a 30 min job of swapping out the rear sway bar bushings.. got the first 3 off.. no problem. 4th (upper one on the passenger side) broke off clean. Tried an EZ-OUT. .that snapped off flush with the broken bolt.. tried to drill around it with a smaller bit to get the extractor loose enough to take it out.. now I am up a creek. Don't know what I will do now. I might have to see if I can get a machine shop to help me out.
I've gotten broken manifold studs out by holding up a nut to it and filling in the center with weld. Put a socket or wrench on it and spin it out (hopefully).
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #25941
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeters View Post

I've gotten broken manifold studs out by holding up a nut to it and filling in the center with weld. Put a socket or wrench on it and spin it out (hopefully).
Thanks for the idea. I will have to see if I can find someone to help me try that. I don't have a welder... wish I did though. :-)
brouwmat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #25942
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat
Sounds about right.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #25943
golfinWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcampbell4 View Post
After my install I had a clunk and it ended up being the oem bolt on the axle side of the track bar was just a hair too small for the bushing sleeve in my new track bar. I have been told a 1/2" grade 8 bolt will do the trick.
I went out this evening and played around with the steering wheel and shook the jeep around a little bit trying to find the source of my clunking and the oem bolt at the axle side is in deed to small and will be replaced this week. Thanks for the tip
golfinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #25944
Trxgedy

Yesterday I went and met nick from another forum about an hr and a half away and he made some brackets and we mounted up my brushguard. She looks great, love the new look.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #25945
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJeep6
Got some 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires. They are used, but have low miles on them and they were a killer deal. I'll be getting them on the WJ this week then testing them out on the trails this coming weekend. Anyone else have these tires? All the reviews I have read on them are good. Nice aggressive tread and side lugs. Can't wait to get them on.
I have them. They have worked well for me for the past 2 and a half years
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #25946
wickedwj99
1999 WJ 

I put my budget boost on today I love how something so small makes such a big impact.
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #25947
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Just got home from picking up some fairly used tires off Craigslist. My rear two are bald and illegal and I needed something to get me through the winter so I bought a matching set of 35" toyo mt's for $75. Living the life of a broke 18 year old, I suppose. Sorry for the crap picture
image-2522978920.jpg

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #25948
skennedy843
1999 WJ 

Pulled off my HVAC blower to check out a random noise. Turns out a leaf got in either before i got my cabin filter install or when i had the dash off to replace the blend doors. The loud noise is gone, but i should replace the blower at some point. it sounds like the bearing s are going out.
skennedy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #25949
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

I got a new cb firestik installed and now I can heard. :-D

Sent from my WJ to yours

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #25950
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post

I like those bars at the corner of your rear bumper, where did you get them.
Ebay......they are Polish made and not quite as heavy as the genuine mopar front bull bar and side bars I have. You can jack the car up with the side ones! I wanted a genuine mopar one for the back but they only do full width ones which would stop my reversing sensors from working. All bars are heavy stainless steel and not the feeble alloy one i've seen on some of the special edition wj,s.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.