Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#34,561 ·
Pulled the dry rotted tweeters out of the dash to take to the audio store and see if I can match something up pretty close. The po had just unplugged them and it sounded pretty bad.

#34,562 ·
holliewood61 said:
Pulled the dry rotted tweeters out of the dash to take to the audio store and see if I can match something up pretty close. The po had just unplugged them and it sounded pretty bad.
If you're up for trimming the speaker opening, 3.5" speakers are nice up there. I have JL C2's and it's crazy how much vocals and highs come from such a small speaker. They can be replaced with just a regular tweeter too.

#34,563 ·
I did a ton of work to mine over the weekened

Replaced the Transmission Pan with a dorman unit that has a drain plug replaced both filters in the trans with wix filters

Replaced the oil pan and oil pan gasket

Replaced all 4 tie rods

Replaced radiator and water pump

Replaced front rotors pads and calipers

Flushed power steering system

So yea I was busy!

#34,565 ·
While the original antenna wire did have a break in it, replacing it didnt help any. Guess Ill have to break down and buy a new key fob and pay the dealer to program it. Maybe while Im there Ill see how much they would charge to reflash the PCM to take care of a couple TSBs like the occasional low idle

#34,566 ·
#34,567 ·
Thanks! I came across that while searching for solutions but my WJ already came with a one button remote starter. I just emailed the company to see if I can easily upgrade to a lock/unlock remote starter. I know with other companies, you can start with the one button and then later upgrade without having to rewire but I dont have any experience with this brand

#34,569 ·
Thanks! I came across that while searching for solutions but my WJ already came with a one button remote starter. I just emailed the company to see if I can easily upgrade to a lock/unlock remote starter. I know with other companies, you can start with the one button and then later upgrade without having to rewire but I dont have any experience with this brand
I didnt get a reply but I compared the wiring diagrams side by side and it looks like I can upgrade without rewiring!:2thumbsup:

#34,570 ·
:thumbsup:

#34,572 ·
Now I'm really confused. I went home and tried the Grey key fob and to my surprise, it worked! So I figured why not throw some fresh batteries in. After putting 2 brand new batteries in, it stopped working. Put the old ones back in and they work...what gives? I'm still going to pursue the remote start with keyless entry either way, the range is much better

#34,577 ·
#34,578 ·
Khor11um said:
Added some fender light mounts from Farmer Johnson Offroad. They look great! Once the rain clears up im gonna seal the mounts and wire them up! Should light up the sides a bit more.
Those fender mounts look pretty good. I prefer that over the A-pillar mount that requires trimming the side weather stripping. My only concern would be rusting at or through the mounting holes in the fender. How would that be prevented?

#34,579 ·
Got stuck at the Dr's office today. Cranked over but no start. Pulled code p0340. Gonna have it towed home at lunch tomorrow. Looks like I will be doing cam and crankshaft sensors this weekend.

#34,580 ·
Dang thats a pricey stereo. Where did you get the double din install kit or did you just do it by hand?
I bought it on eBay. If you do a search for "double din Jeep WJ" you will find them. I did do the carbon fiber on the piece though.