What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1729 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #25921
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Oil Change

5qts Rotella 10/30
1 qt MMO
PL3001 filter

Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #25922
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

rotated my tires
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #25923
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Since it was around 60° today, I continued painting my rock rails. I decided to make the outside hammered silver and the inside part slate gray.
Last week, I put on my red-light plate in the rear and a laser diffusing plate in the front.
I also added diff. oil. My front diff only took a little, but the rear must have been just about empty, because it took the rest of the quart and probably needs more. Not an easy place to try to add oil. I had to go buy some clear tubing, run it into the hole and pointed upwards, then I had to push the tip of the bottle into the tube. It kept making a vacuum, so I had to back it off each time I squeezed it, so that the oil would run down the tube. The stuff is in my hair, on my shirt, and all over my arms, but by golly, I got it in there. Did 5 figure 8's forward and reverse. It still has a little groan to it, but not as much as before.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-3151663038.jpg

image-2700730345.jpg

image-811917308.jpg

image-3805857813.jpg

image-3726392311.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #25924
golfinWJ
2004 WJ 

Installed my 3 inch IRO lift today. Everything went great after ironing out a few kinks and picking up a few extra bolts in needed at the hardware store. Now I just have to install my steering stabilizer tomorrow and figure out where the small clunk is coming from that I have when I turn the steering wheel side to side..but I'm pretty sure its the joint on the pitman arm that's loose and needs to be replaced.
golfinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #25925
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Finished the front limit straps.
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #25926
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ
Finished the front limit straps.
Man that's cool :-) just love your dub man

Sent from my WJ to yours

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #25927
dcampbell4

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinWJ
Installed my 3 inch IRO lift today. Everything went great after ironing out a few kinks and picking up a few extra bolts in needed at the hardware store. Now I just have to install my steering stabilizer tomorrow and figure out where the small clunk is coming from that I have when I turn the steering wheel side to side..but I'm pretty sure its the joint on the pitman arm that's loose and needs to be replaced.
After my install I had a clunk and it ended up being the oem bolt on the axle side of the track bar was just a hair too small for the bushing sleeve in my new track bar. I have been told a 1/2" grade 8 bolt will do the trick.
dcampbell4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #25928
Tru
2004 WJ 

Today I replaced my front rotor and installed ceramic pads.

One of my rotor was badly warped which made braking a task.
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #25929
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
Since it was around 60° today, I continued painting my rock rails. I decided to make the outside hammered silver and the inside part slate gray. Last week, I put on my red-light plate in the rear and a laser diffusing plate in the front. I also added diff. oil. My front diff only took a little, but the rear must have been just about empty, because it took the rest of the quart and probably needs more. Not an easy place to try to add oil. I had to go buy some clear tubing, run it into the hole and pointed upwards, then I had to push the tip of the bottle into the tube. It kept making a vacuum, so I had to back it off each time I squeezed it, so that the oil would run down the tube. The stuff is in my hair, on my shirt, and all over my arms, but by golly, I got it in there. Did 5 figure 8's forward and reverse. It still has a little groan to it, but not as much as before. Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Tape off and paint that rear bumper pad with some Rustoleum bed liner spray.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #25930
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinWJ View Post

What transfer case and front driveshaft you running?
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #25931
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Tape off and paint that rear bumper pad with some Rustoleum bed liner spray.
You're right, it is getting a little rusty back there.

Unread 11-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #25932
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Decided to go look at this one next week, might be a Good candidate for my next project, looks Sharp and clean, and stock though, lol

http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?fi...&engine_fuel=1
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #25933
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Decided to go look at this one next week, might be a Good candidate for my next project, looks Sharp and clean, and stock though, lol http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?fi...&engine_fuel=1
Stock is OK. It's a good blank slate for you to build up. You have most of the parts.
Good luck, I hope you have finally found the one.

Unread 11-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #25934
PAJeep6
2002 WJ 

Got some 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires. They are used, but have low miles on them and they were a killer deal. I'll be getting them on the WJ this week then testing them out on the trails this coming weekend. Anyone else have these tires? All the reviews I have read on them are good. Nice aggressive tread and side lugs. Can't wait to get them on.
02 Silverstone WJ Limited - 4.7 V8 | JK Moabs w/ 1.5" spacers | 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires | 3" Powerstick chambered exhaust | 4" lift | IRO adj. trackbar | Rough Country 2.2 shocks | 6000k HIDs in the headlights and foglights | tinted tail lights | TJ gas filler bezel...
PAJeep6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #25935
golfinWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post
What transfer case and front driveshaft you running?
I have the 4.0L with selec-trac and the front drive shaft is the fixed rezeppa I believe. (Boot at the transfer case and the U joint at the axle)
The clunk only happens when I turn steering wheel side to side. I'm going to actually get under there and spend a little more time checking over everything some time this week.
golfinWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.