Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#34,541 ·
Lady is now an Overland Trailhawk. Added one in the back too, but didnt get a shot of it. Will update asap! Also got a new battery, 4 years is the limit on batteries these days. =/
I went with the Rubicon Express budget boost, came with shocks and all that jazz...
Love the look of your WJ! Thats basically the setup Im looking to do with mine. What backspacing do your rims have? And how much trimming was needed to fit the 265/75s?

#34,542 ·
Love the look of your WJ! Thats basically the setup Im looking to do with mine. What backspacing do your rims have? And how much trimming was needed to fit the 265/75s?
I had to Use 1.5" spacers but theyre Hub-centric so its not an issue at all. theyre 4.250" backspaced steelies from procomp. As far as trimming, maybe an inch towards the top, and 2.5" or 3" at the bottom of the bumper. Not tooooo bad.

#34,543 ·
I had to Use 1.5" spacers but theyre Hub-centric so its not an issue at all. theyre 4.250" backspaced steelies from procomp. As far as trimming, maybe an inch towards the top, and 2.5" or 3" at the bottom of the bumper. Not tooooo bad.
Thanks for the info! So you have 2.75" backspacing all together(4.25 backspaced rims plus 1.5" spacers)??

Maybe Ill step down one size for the tires. I dont want to trim too much and Im only looking to run about 4.5" backspacing

#34,549 ·
I had this idea as well! But then thought maybe it would be quite lame... Is Trailhawk related to WJ in any way?
The new Grand Cherokee has a Trailhawk package.

I thought about it too but was going to focus on the other aspects (hood decal, grille, tow hooks, and wheel color). I got stopped at the hood decal. I couldn't find one exactly like the production version made for the WJ.

#34,550 ·
brought it to the shop for inspection and to fix the wandering steering among many other things... will post back once i get a report and estimate :p

update:
shop said this:

- 3 TRE worn out
- lower balljoint worn
- trackbar bushings worn
- rear swaybar bushings worn
- front rotors warped (AGAIN!! 3rd time now, even have Akebono calipers)
- rear brake line rusted a bit
- tires 10 years old - expired?
- serpentine belt cracked (i can fix)

- leaks: valve cover gasket, transmission pan, rear differential gasket, transfer case

fix it all for $2,050 after taxes (tires not included)... for a car that's worth maybe 3000$ because of a $20,000 accident (t-bone)

#34,556 ·
brought it to the shop for inspection and to fix the wandering steering among many other things... will post back once i get a report and estimate :p

update:
shop said this:

- 3 TRE worn out
- lower balljoint worn
- trackbar bushings worn
- rear swaybar bushings worn
- front rotors warped (AGAIN!! 3rd time now, even have Akebono calipers)
- rear brake line rusted a bit
- tires 10 years old - expired?
- serpentine belt cracked (i can fix)

- leaks: valve cover gasket, transmission pan, rear differential gasket, transfer case

fix it all for $2,050 after taxes (tires not included)... for a car that's worth maybe 3000$ because of a $20,000 accident (t-bone)
You can do that yourself with the resources on this site if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty.

#34,557 ·
The new Grand Cherokee has a Trailhawk package.

I thought about it too but was going to focus on the other aspects (hood decal, grille, tow hooks, and wheel color). I got stopped at the hood decal. I couldn't find one exactly like the production version made for the WJ.

I like that, I may be painting my chrome bits gunmetal grey now. I really like that!

#34,559 ·
This weekend got my new 95 v8 zj double cardan driveshaft cleaned up, painted, new moog u-joints and yokes from Kolak. Just recently I installed my 6.5 IRO critical path long arm lift with adjustable arms and track bar with Bilstien shocks. Now am waiting on my endless mountain fab a-arm to fix some wandering issues and maybe a bad ball joint.