What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1727 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #25891
trevord1
2004 WJ 

anybody have any ideas for my trackbar i had on made but i know have lengthened my axles forward and backwards and now my trackbar is hitting my drivers side upper control arm mount and differential

Unread 11-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #25892
DarkStarr
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
I came out from class this morning went to start the Jeep and click dead battery so I had to call someone to come jump me off. I had jumper cables but there wasn't anyone around to jump me. On top of everything it made me late to work.
This is what I'm worried about... Mine has been doing this recently. Why the hell are batteries so damn expensive? If you were replacing one what would you guys grab?
DarkStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #25893
pinky2252s
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999wjlimited View Post
I came out from class this morning went to start the Jeep and click dead battery so I had to call someone to come jump me off. I had jumper cables but there wasn't anyone around to jump me. On top of everything it made me late to work.
I have one of those chargeable jumper boxes. It works for 2 or 3 jumps on a charge and is portable. Then you dont need someone else to jump you.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2252
2001 Laredo, 2004 Special Edition
pinky2252s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #25894
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarr
This is what I'm worried about... Mine has been doing this recently. Why the hell are batteries so damn expensive? If you were replacing one what would you guys grab?
I went with the dura last deep cycle it was like $175 but worth every penny, I got 6 KCs and a 1200 watt system never had a problem Sent from my WJ to your jeep
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #25895
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord1
anybody have any ideas for my trackbar i had on made but i know have lengthened my axles forward and backwards and now my trackbar is hitting my drivers side upper control arm mount and differential
Had one made? That's probably your first problem. Just buy an IRO or JKS track bar....problem solved!
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #25896
trevord1
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
Had one made? That's probably your first problem. Just buy an IRO or JKS track bar....problem solved!
no this one is much stronger then both of those and jks track bars suck unless you buy the harder KOR bushings and ive done that already its annoying i had to replease th KOR harder bushings every 6 months this one has been on there for a year and i havent touched it its just the bend on it doesnt go up high enough to fully make it around the differential because i pushed out my front control arms 3" so i guess i should reword my question has anyone made their own track bar for an elongated wheelbase?
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #25897
1999wjlimited

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarr
There is a place here locally that sells "defect" batteries. They are fine but they just have warranties. They only charge 30 bucks for them so I'll probably go buy one when I get paid tomorrow.
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #25898
1999wjlimited

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s
I have one of those chargeable jumper boxes. It works for 2 or 3 jumps on a charge and is portable. Then you dont need someone else to jump you.
I'll have to look into one of those. I didn't know that anyone made something like that. I'm gonna leave the jeep hooked up to the battery charger tonight just in case.
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #25899
trevord1
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
sorry may came off a little rude i just didnt give all the info about it
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #25900
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
I have had a couple of those. They don't seem to last beyond two years, or so. The one I have now, is only good for one charge, now. Might be, because you are supposed to keep it hooked up like a car battery, charging all the time. At least, that's what the instructions say. I only charged it when I thought about it, or needed it.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #25901
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
Ok, since the dual-climate control bulbs are solder in, can you take a picture of the back of your gauge cluster to show me which bulbs you replaced to make it glow blue. All I could find were individual bulbs for like the turn signals, fog lights, ABS light, etc. I DID replace my bright light bulb, so now it glows an even brighter blue. Thanks! Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Here is a pic that i found since i didn't want to take my cluster back apart. Its terrible quality but you can see the 5 bulb sockets the red arrows are pointing to, those are the ones you will replace with the wedge bulbs. Just take a pair of small pliers and twist the black socket about a quarter turn CC and the bulb will pull straight out. Then just pull the incandescent wedge bulb from the socket and replace it with the led wedge bulb, then put the socket back in the hole and rotate a quarter turn clockwise to lock it back in place. It may seem complicated through all the these different numbers and bulb types and such but it is really as simple and as self explanatory as changing a regular light bulb once you order the correct leds. Theres also a good video on youtube showing how to remove the gauge cluster in a wj, just search for wj gauge cluster removal and it'll pop up.
image-3082474897.jpg

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #25902
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post

Here is a pic that i found since i didn't want to take my cluster back apart. Its terrible quality but you can see the 5 bulb sockets the red arrows are pointing to, those are the ones you will replace with the wedge bulbs. Just take a pair of small pliers and twist the black socket about a quarter turn CC and the bulb will pull straight out. Then just pull the incandescent wedge bulb from the socket and replace it with the led wedge bulb, then put the socket back in the hole and rotate a quarter turn clockwise to lock it back in place. It may seem complicated through all the these different numbers and bulb types and such but it is really as simple and as self explanatory as changing a regular light bulb once you order the correct leds. Theres also a good video on youtube showing how to remove the gauge cluster in a wj, just search for wj gauge cluster removal and it'll pop up.
^boom right there. Takes about ten minutes total. Just pop the lid and behind the steering wheel and two screws then unplug the cluster.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #25903
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post
^boom right there. Takes about ten minutes total. Just pop the lid and behind the steering wheel and two screws then unplug the cluster.
its actually 4 screws
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #25904
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I have had the gauge cluster out many times, so that's nothing for me, I just wanted to know which bulbs you changed to make it glow like that. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I will be doing it this weekend. I think I have enough blue LED wedges to do this, now that I know which ones to replace. Now, just to double-check, those back-light bulbs ARE PC 74 wedges, right? Not a 163 like the picture says. My fog-light bulb quit working, so I need to get in there, any way.
Thanks, again. I guess I will need to start on my heater control, too. I have the baseless blue bulbs that I can solder in, if they are not too tall.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #25905
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:

its actually 4 screws
Haha oh yeah two up top and two on the bottom. Good call.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.