What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1726 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #25876
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

I ordered a rear main seal, valve cover gasket and tranny fluids and filter today. dreading the rear main seal. Seems like a pain in the @ss.

rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #25877
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Where did you get that thingamajig on your dash??
Its a little temp/clock/compass gizmo I picked up off the shelf at Advance for $15. Its a POS honestly, the thermo is very inaccurate and the clock isnt back lit and you can barely see it in the day. I wouldn't buy it again but it goes nice with the aluminum trim.
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #25878
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Rolled her birthday. And also got my front crank seal in today. That'll be coming up shortly. My rolled fenders are just about done, and also 80% sure I'm going to vinyl wrap the jeep.
image-1132080593.jpg

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #25879
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post
I put the wedges in the gauge cluster and the pc74's in the heater control. To tell you how hard it is, i literally stopped by my mailbox when i got home in my jeep, parked in my driveway, got a screwdriver from my glove box and installed all these lights without getting out of my jeep in about 15 minutes. Here is my invoice from my order from superbrightleds.com. Just order exactly what i have in whatever color you want. This is for doing the gauge cluster and heater control. Add 2 more PC 74's so you can do the defrost/ac buttons (i forgot to order those)
I have read, everywhere, that the heater control bulbs have to be soldered in. ?? How did you get them in there? I'll take a look, I may already have some of these. I know I have a half dozen PC 74's. It might be, because that I have the Overland, with dual-climate AZC control and the white-faced gauges, that they are different.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #25880
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Parked it in the garage for the first time since the niner is outside hooked up to our moving trailer. Going to be a long weekend.
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #25881
tigerfan2
2002 WJ 

Finally finished my heater core, blend door and Evap core replacement. Only took me about 3 weeks. Haha
tigerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #25882
nmay
2001 WJ 

Noticed a leak...:/

Bottom of the power steering box is covered in **** and it looks like there's some fluid on the oil filter.
Looks like the fluid was yellow that was leaking, no idea what it could be.
My power steering is whining like no other so most likely it's that?
nmay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #25883
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I put the wedges in the gauge cluster and the pc74's in the heater control. To tell you how hard it is, i literally stopped by my mailbox when i got home in my jeep, parked in my driveway, got a screwdriver from my glove box and installed all these lights without getting out of my jeep in about 15 minutes. Here is my invoice from my order from superbrightleds.com. Just order exactly what i have in whatever color you want. This is for doing the gauge cluster and heater control. Add 2 more PC 74's so you can do the defrost/ac buttons (i forgot to order those)
Actually, I looked and I DID buy from superbrightleds.com. Here is my list:

So which part did you use these for? If it is that easy, could you show me which bulbs, on the back of your gauge cluster you replaced, to make your gauges glow blue that way? Also, can you pop out your heater control and show me how you removed and put in the wedge bulbs, if you would, please? I swear, it says on wjjeeps, that they are solder in.

image-1761961580.jpg

Unread 11-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #25884
iDrum85

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmay View Post
Noticed a leak...:/

Bottom of the power steering box is covered in **** and it looks like there's some fluid on the oil filter.
Looks like the fluid was yellow that was leaking, no idea what it could be.
My power steering is whining like no other so most likely it's that?
I have the same leak issue too.... started it this (very cold) morning and heard the power steering start to slightly groan. I checked and found essentially the same thing. Thankfully, it appears easy to fix, no? I had it off for my piston replacement a little while ago and it doesn't seem like taking it out and putting a new one in seems too intensive, unless I'm missing something.
iDrum85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #25885
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Wj Seat Bracket and Axle Assembly

Oh, it's been a fun week for me. lol. My front, driver's seat had been cobbled by a previous owner when the bracket broke in the front. It later broke on the opposite side in the back. And, eventually, it broke again where the cobble was. So I begrudgingly took the seat out and replaced the bracket with an upgrade from www.jeepseatbracket.com. I suspect that will never break again (although the seat itself will wear out).

I also [finally] finished rebuilding the surrogate Dana 30 front end. The only part of that project that was actually difficult was getting the d$#@ crush sleeve to actually start crushing. I bought a 300ft/lb. click style torque wrench and I had to go well beyond when it clicked. In fact, I had to stand on it and kind of hop up and down (and I weigh 200lbs.) But I eventually got the pinion pre-load set to spec after all of the shimming shenanigans. The pinion and ring gear looked like new, so all I did was replace all of the bearings, races and seals. I got lucky and the backlash was within spec on the first try. I expected hours of taking the carriage and pinion out to change shims and putting it all back. Now I just need to weld new spring towers on where the old ones turned to dust in our Michigan winters.
img_1778.jpg   img_1784.jpg   img_1785.jpg  
img_1779.jpg

img_1783.jpg

img_1786.jpg

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #25886
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
Actually, I looked and I DID buy from superbrightleds.com. Here is my list: So which part did you use these for? If it is that easy, could you show me which bulbs, on the back of your gauge cluster you replaced, to make your gauges glow blue that way? Also, can you pop out your heater control and show me how you removed and put in the wedge bulbs, if you would, please? I swear, it says on wjjeeps, that they are solder in. Sent from my iPad using my fingers
On the dual climate control they are soldered in.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #25887
filipm
2002 WJ 

Was looking into getting O2 sensors replaced and went to my Jeep this morning to find my cat was sawed off. Happy Thursday!
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #25888
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post
On the dual climate control they are soldered in.
That's what I figured. Rats!

Unread 11-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #25889
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Ok, since the dual-climate control bulbs are solder in, can you take a picture of the back of your gauge cluster to show me which bulbs you replaced to make it glow blue. All I could find were individual bulbs for like the turn signals, fog lights, ABS light, etc. I DID replace my bright light bulb, so now it glows an even brighter blue.
Thanks!

Unread 11-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #25890
1999wjlimited
1999 WJ 

I came out from class this morning went to start the Jeep and click dead battery so I had to call someone to come jump me off. I had jumper cables but there wasn't anyone around to jump me. On top of everything it made me late to work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.