What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1717 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #25741
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Personally, I think that looks horribly unfinished... but to each their own. If it's strictly a trail rig, or you just don't care what it looks like, go for it!
That's what I thought at first too, but like I said their will be some changes, I get so tried of dragging the bumpers of these Wjs on the rocks, and the plastic bumpers don't hold up to well.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #25742
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Finally found a bumper style I like :-D it's the protofab baja tube bumpers for the ZJ

Attachment 820985

Attachment 820993

And the rear

Attachment 821001

Attachment 821009

My fab guy thinks their should not a problem building these for the wj, what do you guys think of course I will be adding skid plate to the front an maybe a pre-runner style light hoop don't know for sure

i think it looks pretty sweet

today i got some quotes on some work i need to have done and diagnosed my wobble at 50+....can't believe i overlooked it...my adj. track bar, the lock nut was loose and that is the only thing that was causing all my wobble/vibrations. so for the first time in months i can drive over 50 mph! no more pissing other drivers off.
4x4Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #25743
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep
i think it looks pretty sweet today i got some quotes on some work i need to have done and diagnosed my wobble at 50+....can't believe i overlooked it...my adj. track bar, the lock nut was loose and that is the only thing that was causing all my wobble/vibrations. so for the first time in months i can drive over 50 mph! no more pissing other drivers off.

Thanks that's what I was thinking to man, and about you lock nut, good to know since I will be doing IOR long arms with adj. track bar haha don't you love when a simple fix. Fixes your problem :thumbs up:

wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #25744
iDrum85

2001 WJ 

Mounted my ski racks for the season.... got the hairy-stink eyeballs from many people at work... BWAHAHA Bring on the snow!!!
jeep1.jpg

iDrum85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #25745
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ View Post
Washed and waxed her. And found a set of oem overland rock rock rails! Unfortunetly one of them has a dime sized hole from rust but since its the only set ive been able to find in two years ill take my chances fixing it!
I bought a set for $200 and have been de-rusting them, slowly, due to the weather, lately. The picture shows right after I wire-brushed them and sprayed Loctite Extend Rust Inhibitor on them and primed the end caps. The rails and end caps have been primed and painted, since. I still need to clear-coat them.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-1358985537.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #25746
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Started my heater core replacement...exciting stuff I tell ya.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #25747
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
Started my heater core replacement...exciting stuff I tell ya.
The first time will suck, but after a couple times it's pretty easy. Good luck.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #25748
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Previous owner liked to keep pics of his broad in the dash I guess....
image-2216339620.jpg

rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #25749
Highschool_WJ

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
I bought a set for $200 and have been de-rusting them, slowly, due to the weather, lately. The picture shows right after I wire-brushed them and sprayed Loctite Extend Rust Inhibitor on them and primed the end caps. The rails and end caps have been primed and painted, since. I still need to clear-coat them.

How hard has it been repairing them and have you had to weld on them at all?
Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #25750
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Car wash to get all the crusty leaves off it.

Side note: the neighborhood where I work they rake their leaves into big piles on the side of the streets for this big vacuum truck to come get them. You know how incredibly tempting it is to drive through these piles? Lol
Unread 11-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #25751
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ View Post
How hard has it been repairing them and have you had to weld on them at all?
No, I just used a wire-brush and a drill. I used a screwdriver and a scraper on the larger flakes. The insides were full of rust. It sounded like a rain stick when you turned them over on end. When I removed the end-caps, a LOT of rust came out.
Most of mine was surface rust, in one area, on one rock rail.
I painted the end-caps slate gray and the rock rails a hammered silver.
If you have a hole, you probably have a lot of rust on the inside. You might want to think about getting a can of Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and coating the insides of each, after you fix the hole.

Unread 11-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #25752
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Car wash to get all the crusty leaves off it. Side note: the neighborhood where I work they rake their leaves into big piles on the side of the streets for this big vacuum truck to come get them. You know how incredibly tempting it is to drive through these piles? Lol
All I know is that I drove through a pile one time and found a big rock inside. It popped my tire.

Unread 11-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #25753
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post

All I know is that I drove through a pile one time and found a big rock inside. It popped my tire.

Lol that's exactly why I didn't. Probably some angry old man sitting and waiting for one of us to bash through and find a surprise in the middle.
Unread 11-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #25754
dcampbell4

2002 WJ 

All four tie rod ends done and swapped in the front bilstiens. Now just waiting at the alignment shop. Lifetime alignments has been one of the best decisions I have ever made as often as I'm tearing the suspension apart on the old girl.
dcampbell4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #25755
brouwmat

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcampbell4 View Post
All four tie rod ends done and swapped in the front bilstiens. Now just waiting at the alignment shop. Lifetime alignments has been one of the best decisions I have ever made as often as I'm tearing the suspension apart on the old girl.
Where do you get those? They just laugh at me around here when I ask about them.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.