What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1713 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #25681
tcpindy
2004 WJ 

Just completed upgrade to Stillen front and rear rotors and pads. Sold the second car last month, so now investing in keeping the WJ in top shape. Ten year old Columbia Edition and only 78K - it's a keeper! Did the Bilsteins and Addco rear swaybar last month and waiting patiently on Kolak's December exhaust system sale.

Last edited by tcpindy; 11-02-2013 at 04:34 PM..
tcpindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #25682
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Replaced front brake pads. In the process noticed that the front rotors are in pretty bad condition and will need to be replaced sooner rather than later so I ordered some new rotors and will put new high quality pads on those when I get them. Boy those old rotors were rusty, the calipers were OK but not great so I might end up doing those also but I'll want to get a good brand and probably do all 4 at once.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #25683
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

FINALLY, finally, it warmed up, wasn't raining, and the wife is away, so no honey-do's. I had a whole day to work on the Jeep, that is, after I slept in. Got up, got everything together, the window sill wipes that I put black RTV on, cured. I removed all the old, rusted out window seal wipes, cleaned up, put rust-inhibitor on any spots that needed it, touched up any spots underneath that needed it, and put the new wipes on. (i don't remember who told me to use "Mother's" to remove the rust stains, but thank you, it worked fantastically). I might sell the 2nd set of Sill Wipes that TGC sent me. Painted the Rock Rail end caps, primered the Rock Rails and if it is nice tomorrow, I will finish painting them. Put the Jeep in a ramp, cut off 7 1/2 inches off the tail-pipe and went to put the chrome extension on and F-ME! The one I ordered is 3 1/2 inches OD, but my tail-pipe is 2 1/2 inches OD. I followed the page on WJJEEPS: http://www.wjjeeps.com/exhaust_tips.htm and it says the tail-pipe is 3 1/2 OD, I even measured, but I did it from the end and the tail-pipe narrows down after the weld.
Darn-it-all!
Luckily, Amazon is letting me return it, as I was only a week past the return cut-off date.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
image-862828827.jpg

image-1193692991.jpg

image-4294551364.jpg

image-1102314594.jpg

image-4048217053.jpg

image-4146559628.jpg

image-1302540474.jpg

image-2191125480.jpg

image-3028710183.jpg

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #25684
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam2187 View Post
Changed my lug nuts to gorilla solid chrome set. My old ones were a mess. It took about 20 minutes for all 20.
How much and where did you buy them?

Unread 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #25685
colomatt
2001 WJ 

Went up into the hills for the afternoon. No luck on finding any solid trails though. :/

colomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #25686
NOTW_WJ

2004 WJ 

Replaced my Ball Joints with some Moog Offset ones to regain some lost caster
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #25687
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
FINALLY, finally, it warmed up, wasn't raining, and the wife is away, so no honey-do's. I had a whole day to work on the Jeep, that is, after I slept in. Got up, got everything together, the window sill wipes that I put black RTV on, cured. I removed all the old, rusted out window seal wipes, cleaned up, put rust-inhibitor on any spots that needed it, touched up any spots underneath that needed it, and put the new wipes on. (i don't remember who told me to use "Mother's" to remove the rust stains, but thank you, it worked fantastically). I might sell the 2nd set of Sill Wipes that TGC sent me. Painted the Rock Rail end caps, primered the Rock Rails and if it is nice tomorrow, I will finish painting them. Put the Jeep in a ramp, cut off 7 1/2 inches off the tail-pipe and went to put the chrome extension on and F-ME! The one I ordered is 3 1/2 inches OD, but my tail-pipe is 2 1/2 inches OD. I followed the page on WJJEEPS: http://www.wjjeeps.com/exhaust_tips.htm and it says the tail-pipe is 3 1/2 OD, I even measured, but I did it from the end and the tail-pipe narrows down after the weld.
Darn-it-all!
Luckily, Amazon is letting me return it, as I was only a week past the return cut-off date.

That is definitely a mod worth the price. Makes it look nice and clean.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #25688
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

so i did something stupid today. was supposed to go on a night ride, started the jeep up to go get gas, heard a loud squealing noise, turned out to be the drive belt was split in half almost. so no big deal i'll change it out before i go. i've only changed one of these on a car many years ago, so i thought i was doing right. on the tensioner i turned it counterclockwise (as most things loosen when you do that )...broke right in half. so now no wheeling this weekend and i have to wait till monday to get it fixed.

Unread 11-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #25689
jtcnj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wj

Investigating the P1281 - taking too long to warm up.
Could be the coolant sensor or thermostat. The gauge was running a bit cold on the cooler days lately, I think the one sensor is for both ECU ops and the gauge.
Removed the cheap China T-stat I put in there 2.5 years ago. Wasn't stuck open, but I replaced it with an Advanced Auto one. We'll see.

Investigating little coolant leak at top radiator hose inet to radiator. Found my overflow hose clogged with crud in bottom of tank. Cleaned it all up. NG.

Closer look shows plastic inlet at radiator is cracked, so now I'm radiator shopping.

"Dubyuh" or "Blue Bayou": Patriot Blue 2001 Up-Country WJ Limited 4.7L V8 Quadra Drive: for now known as "Al-Dente" after my wife's "mod".

New Addition 12/2011: "Pearl" Forest Green Pearlcoat 1999 xj SE 4.0L/AW4/231/8.25 mostly stock for now.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Ronald Wilson Reagan
jtcnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #25690
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Fitted this to replace my front drive shaft that I bent on a stump last weekend!..........shiney! Only took half an hour.

gedc0118.jpg

But im glad I did replace it because with a TC rezeppa like this I dont think it would have lasted much longer. Only the faintest trace of grease remaining and lots of play. Funny thing was, no noise or vibes......there would have been soon no doubt! Its the original and done 110,000 so cant complain.

gedc0119.jpg
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #25691
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Also sat in my car looking at JF on my phone whilst sheltering from the rain......and laughed out loud when I read the the 2016 Wrangler will most likely NOT have solid axles. What possible use will they be then?? Neither form nor function! Haa Haa !
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #25692
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia
Also sat in my car looking at JF on my phone whilst sheltering from the rain......and laughed out loud when I read the the 2016 Wrangler will most likely NOT have solid axles. What possible use will they be then?? Neither form nor function! Haa Haa !
I know right , what are they thinking taking icon off road rig and screwing it up. :-( good thing I am so into this wj and the LJs don't have to worry about the 2016 wangler Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #25693
Morphine

Disco on my WJ

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Morphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #25694
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
Thats kinda cool lol I like it
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #25695
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
Isn't that illegal? I thought no one but police could have blue lights. That's not to say that I don't like it. I think it's cool.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.