What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1712 - JeepForum.com

 481Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #25666 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 10:04 AM
4x4Jeep
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Thought I'd sleep in this morning but no, the wife decided to run to the store and backed into the dub on the way out of the garage. She has a Ford edge with backup sensors so they're always beeping backing out of the garage. First I got mad, but then I remembered that, and then I got mad again for her blatant disregard for rear view mirrors! Arrghh!

Are we getting desensitized by technology? Is it too much to look in the mirrors anymore? I'm waiting the day I hear in the news that someone is suing a vehicle manufacturer for the crash warning system not alerting them soon enough to stop texting and hit the f'n brakes.

Ok rant over. Enjoy your weekends.
hope no major damage. never owned a car with those sensors but have driven them before and automatically i look over the shoulder and my rear view/side mirrors. i would never rely on them.


Build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD
4x4Jeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #25667 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post

See here: http://www.wjjeeps.com/sentry.htm

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
thanks so much

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #25668 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post

hope no major damage. never owned a car with those sensors but have driven them before and automatically i look over the shoulder and my rear view/side mirrors. i would never rely on them.
Not sure but I'll inspect it shortly. It was too early to care this morning lol.

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #25669 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 10:37 AM
nitromud
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arlington
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Thought I'd sleep in this morning but no, the wife decided to run to the store and backed into the dub on the way out of the garage. She has a Ford edge with backup sensors so they're always beeping backing out of the garage. First I got mad, but then I remembered that, and then I got mad again for her blatant disregard for rear view mirrors! Arrghh!

Are we getting desensitized by technology? Is it too much to look in the mirrors anymore? I'm waiting the day I hear in the news that someone is suing a vehicle manufacturer for the crash warning system not alerting them soon enough to stop texting and hit the f'n brakes.

Ok rant over. Enjoy your weekends.
My wife has the same car, but it also has the backup camera too. I can only imagine how pissed you were.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3" IRO springs (actually got 4" from them) 4.7L HO, 1 1/2" wheel spacers, Magnaflow exhaust
TEOTWAWKI: The End of the World as we Know It (Acronym coined by Mike Medintz) (Spoken “Tee-ought-walk-ee”).
nitromud is offline  
post #25670 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 11:43 AM
mjWJ12
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ft Bragg
Posts: 984
Got some new soft 8s on!!
Attached Images
   

(04 WJ Laredo)3" IRO +3/4" front spacers; Custom rear bumper +d-rings; universal front tow hook; plasti-dipped 16" silverblades; premium sliders; custom hi-lift mount; 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATP.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mjWJ12 is offline  
post #25671 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromud View Post

My wife has the same car, but it also has the backup camera too. I can only imagine how pissed you were.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Lol just a bit. It's all good though....no visible damage to either bumper. I'm going to remember this incident for the next time she yells at me for buying something for the jeep lol.

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #25672 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 12:14 PM
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek
Lol just a bit. It's all good though....no visible damage to either bumper. I'm going to remember this incident for the next time she yells at me for buying something for the jeep lol.
Wow your story is why I don't like the newer cars, my 99 is about as new as I like it

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wjidaho is offline  
post #25673 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

Wow your story is why I don't like the newer cars, my 99 is about as new as I like it

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I had a customer in the other day with a 14 Overland Summit. I asked how he liked it and he said it was way too much technology for his liking and couldn't get used to it. I told him I'd trade straight up but he didn't find it too funny lol.

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #25674 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 12:40 PM
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek
I had a customer in the other day with a 14 Overland Summit. I asked how he liked it and he said it was way too much technology for his liking and couldn't get used to it. I told him I'd trade straight up but he didn't find it too funny lol.
Why would you take a down grade hahahaha j/k I am sure the new overland would make a great town car lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wjidaho is offline  
post #25675 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho
Why would you take a down grade hahahaha j/k I am sure the new overland would make a great town car lol Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Do they even make a lift for the new grand ?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wjidaho is offline  
post #25676 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 01:09 PM
rickcricket
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: saint louis
Posts: 614
Yep. They lift right up......and fall over.
Attached Images
 
rickcricket is offline  
post #25677 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 01:13 PM
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket
Yep. They lift right up......and fall over.
Hahahaha I think I will just keep my wj eh, so far she has been one of the best rigs I have owned

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wjidaho is offline  
post #25678 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM
imaguy3
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Az
Posts: 1,543
Took it hunting/camping and enjoyed some great scenery... Didn't take pic.'s of some of the rougher areas.. however my rails took some damage underneath that definitely would've been my doors...





My friend going through after I went through (in case I had to pull the FJ out) ;-)



EvilEagle - "Imaguy3 just made everyone in this thread his *****."
imaguy3 is offline  
post #25679 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Hytek
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Romeoville
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

Why would you take a down grade hahahaha j/k I am sure the new overland would make a great town car lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Lol I'd take it and sell it. Use the cash for a WK SRT8 as a dd and use the rest to buld up the zj and wj.

98 5.9 Limited - IRO 3.5", IRO short arms track bars Bilsteins, Addco, JK wheels, 255-75/17 BFG, Magnaflow, Flowmaster
04 Limited 4.7H.O QD, UC+BB, Bilsteins, 245/75-16 Duratracs Addco sway bar
Hytek is offline  
post #25680 of 43285 Old 11-02-2013, 03:40 PM
tcpindy
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19
Just completed upgrade to Stillen front and rear rotors and pads. Sold the second car last month, so now investing in keeping the WJ in top shape. Ten year old Columbia Edition and only 78K - it's a keeper! Did the Bilsteins and Addco rear swaybar last month and waiting patiently on Kolak's December exhaust system sale.

Last edited by tcpindy; 11-02-2013 at 05:34 PM.
tcpindy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Big Worm , d3m0ns
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Just got my xenon on today ! unbelivable ! gaignstar WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 10 11-19-2016 08:04 AM
Tried to do Spark Plugs today in the 4.7--Didn't happend Astorm WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 43 03-24-2014 09:35 PM
Died today... jimbo141 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-09-2011 09:20 PM
I want to order some brakes today matrix849 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 30 07-25-2010 02:01 AM
found an ad today KI4KWF WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 07-30-2007 01:27 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome