What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1699 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #25471
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
I've used them for years in other vehicles and have always had good results. My route to and from work is unlit back roads and side streets with random deer. So anything brighter than OEM works for me. My lenses are good still and I just replaced the housings in my zj. Just read a few threads about the hid retrofit. That'd be awesome but I don't have the patience to do something like that lol.
Yeah I should have noted that I've only used these bulbs in one car.....That car being a 2000 Lincoln Town Car which has HORRIBLE headlights to begin with. The brights on her TC aren't as bright as the dims on my WJ and that's WITH the new bulbs. But the diff. between the original bulbs in her car vs the new bulbs was minimal at best. YRMV, if they work for you then great.

JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #25472
STGjeep
1999 WJ 

Today I washed my new (to me) 99' Limited that I picked up for 5,000. Tomorrow I will get it on a lift at the base automotive hobby shop to change the oil, change diff fluid front and rear, change TC fluid to correct fluid, flush cooling system to get rid of green antifreeze and put right coolant in, change spark plugs and replace the PCV valve. Wife was pissed that I'm spending money on a Jeep I literally just bought... but oh well
STGjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #25473
JeepNowski

2004 WJ 

@STGjeep, just tell her better to spend the $$$ on things that it needs NOW rather than wait and let those things be destroyed and then spend a few thousand bucks later. Spending a few hundy is better than spending a few thousand potentially.

First thing I do when I buy any used car is oil change, filter changes, and get the tranny serviced and usually flushed. I usually will also flush the radiator and change the thermostat. After that, I start delving deeper to find out if there is anything really wrong with it.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #25474
STGjeep
1999 WJ 

I agree totally. There's some clunks I want to repair (or at least find) tomorrow as well. I picked it up with a 4" IRO LA kit, 2" Daystar spacers up front, Addco sway bars front and rear, JKS quick disconnects, some armor. So I definitely really want to get in depth on a shake down tomorrow. will get some pics up when I can.
STGjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #25475
BOVWJ
2000 WJ 

Today my WJ grew up

Today I got my RC 2" BB installed with some new 265/70r
So far I havent had any rubbing, so no trimming!

[IMG][/IMG]
BOVWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #25476
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Gave the '00 WJ a much needed bath, vacuum and interior wipe down.

I also managed to find out why the driver rear window would only roll down but not up. Turns out there was a broken wire in the driver front door. Good thing I checked there as the ground wire in the door boot was almost broken as well.

Yesterday I picked up a new battery and some Seafoam. Tomorrow I'll replace the clockspring and see if that fixes my airbag light.
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #25477
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOVWJ
Today I got my RC 2" BB installed with some new 265/70r So far I havent had any rubbing, so no trimming! [/URL][/IMG]
any before and after pics ?
Unread 10-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #25478
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post

Philipps HIR bulbs....google it.
I put these in the HIRs are nice! Got mine for 12 bucks a pair on ebay
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #25479
BOVWJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
any before and after pics ?
Well dang it I don't have any before picks, just the after like posted sorry aralph30
BOVWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #25480
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

I went and ran lost trail with the club exiled off-road it was a blast, can't wait for my long arms and bigger tires , two headed dragon looked bad image-1324005893.jpg image-532073.jpg

image-2101543794.jpg

image-1746271416.jpg
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #25481
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post

Philipps HIR bulbs....google it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post

I put these in the HIRs are nice! Got mine for 12 bucks a pair on ebay
So I googled and found that the hir2 9012 with slight modification will fit our 9006 bulb housing. I'm assuming this is what you guys did?
http://store.candlepower.com/mohirbuba.html
Haven't found a deal as good as $12/pair yet though.
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #25482
NOTW_WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post

I've used them for years in other vehicles and have always had good results. My route to and from work is unlit back roads and side streets with random deer. So anything brighter than OEM works for me. My lenses are good still and I just replaced the housings in my zj. Just read a few threads about the hid retrofit. That'd be awesome but I don't have the patience to do something like that lol.
Just wondering which "retrofit" you were talking about???
I've seen the guys that cut their OE housings apart and install projectors in them, and i agree, that its a lot of work!! But i installed a HID kit in mine and it made a world of difference.. Simply replace the bulb in the socket, mount the ballast (a little bigger than a deck of cards) and run power wires to battery, connect the wire that went to your headlight to the ballast and the output from the ballast to your new bulb and you're done..

It's abut a half hour job depending and I've put them in all my vehicles... You can find then on e bay for $30-60 range and can pick the color of the light bulbs output. I go with 5000k which is pure white and i know a lot of people like the 6000k with a slight blueish tint
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #25483
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ View Post
I've seen the guys that cut their OE housings apart and install projectors in them, and i agree, that its a lot of work!! But i installed a HID kit in mine and it made a world of difference.. Simply replace the bulb in the socket, mount the ballast (a little bigger than a deck of cards) and run power wires to battery, connect the wire that went to your headlight to the ballast and the output from the ballast to your new bulb and you're done..

It's abut a half hour job depending and I've put them in all my vehicles... You can find then on e bay for $30-60 range and can pick the color of the light bulbs output. I go with 5000k which is pure white and i know a lot of people like the 6000k with a slight blueish tint
Wow....HID bulbs in the factory halogen reflectors......you must be real popular with other road users! Hope you keep a tally on how many accidents you cause...you know, just out of interest!!!
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #25484
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ View Post

Yes, opened up and projectors implanted. Hids in a halogen housing is unsafe and annoying to oncoming traffic. I wish law enforcement would start ticketing these people with glaring blue and purple headlights.
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #25485
NOTW_WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post

Wow....HID bulbs in the factory halogen reflectors......you must be real popular with other road users! Hope you keep a tally on how many accidents you cause...you know, just out of interest!!!
I've heard the arguments both ways on it and can only answer from my experience so....
I've adjusted my beams to aim them at the road and in the case of my tall lifted wj (that is usually just a weekend trail rig anyway) I've never had as much as a flash of the high beams from anyone thinking they were too bright...

Now, I've seen some kits, like the lifted Toyota fj that was driving behind me last night, with obnoxiously bright headlights so i can attest not all kits are the same... And you don't have to blind others, to have brighter lights in the process
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.