What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1698 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #25456
PatriotUSMC
2002 WJ 

Marvel Mystery Oil piston soak on my 4.7 HO. Installing new spark plugs in the morning after I finish the soak.

PatriotUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #25457
StickinMud
2004 WJ 

I installed the following in my 04 special ed.

Kenwood kdc bt555u
Rockford fostgate 551s
Rockford fostgate 4600x
2 Rockford Fostgate he 12s
Stock rear door speakers
Memphis audio 6.1 in front doors
Memphis audio 2.75 dash speakers

Sounds pretty darn good to me. I'm really liking the Bluetooth audio streaming. I didn't think the sound quality would be that good but it really isn't bad at all. I'll probably replace the sick rear door speakers eventually but right now they are doing ok.

Next thing I want to do is add a steering wheel audio interface to get back my volume buttons. I never knew how much I used them until today.
StickinMud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #25458
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Went out to the garage....remembered I sold it did a burn out in the 9er to make myself feel better
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #25459
Dynamo138
2004 WJ 

Replaced the throttle position sensor, that solved a few problems (wouldn't idle right, kept down shifting randomly and check engine light was on). Replaced the socket for one brake light. Fixed the wiring to one fog light and since I was on a roll I tackled my cruise control problem, just had to replace a vacuum line. Tomorrow its time to bleed the brakes and order a new driver door window regulator.
Dynamo138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #25460
HiPERnx
1999 WJ 

12 Buttons, the relay box can provide 10amps/channel but maximum of 40 amps/row (the two rows are independent, but have the same relay box but have separate power sources)
Upper (closest to instruments) will be powered on with ignition (tips where I can find a hot with acc wire under the steering wheel that can activate a relay ?)
The lower is on all the time
Upper will be used to control extra lights relays.
It was really cheap!
HiPERnx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #25461
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Just got done changing oil, coolant flush, and greased the whole front end... Now getting ready to take her to lost trail for some wheeling :-D today should be a good day

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #25462
vagov
2004 WJ 

just got my 1.5 wheel spacers in the mail today but I think im going to change out my rear rotors first do you trad lock them on as well
vagov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #25463
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Looking at headlights and was hoping to pick up some Sylvania Silverstar Ultras but apparently they're not made in our size. Tempted to try the 9006st and see it they'll fit.
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #25464
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Looking at headlights and was hoping to pick up some Sylvania Silverstar Ultras but apparently they're not made in our size. Tempted to try the 9006st and see it they'll fit.

For what it's worth, IMO those aren't worth the extra $$$ you spend on them. They're marginally brighter at best, and they don't last as long. They can claim 50% brighter or whatever it is, but I put a set of those in my wife's car and the only difference I could tell is that the light was a slightly different shade......a little more blue in it than standard headlights, but they didn't shine any further than the standard lights and didn't give any wider beam or anything like that.

IMO You'd be better off spending the money on either re-polishing your existing lenses or buying all new ones...I did that to mine and holy smokes does it ever look better!
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #25465
wvracer821
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Philipps HIR bulbs....google it.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #25466
NU_WJ

Finished the rigid industry D2 install and ordered supplies and parts for preventative maintenance before either hits. Spark plugs, fuel filter, oil&filter, both diffs, and transfer case.
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #25467
NU_WJ

And big props to Kolak for the hookup on TREs, isolators, and the SS.
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #25468
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post

For what it's worth, IMO those aren't worth the extra $$$ you spend on them. They're marginally brighter at best, and they don't last as long. They can claim 50% brighter or whatever it is, but I put a set of those in my wife's car and the only difference I could tell is that the light was a slightly different shade......a little more blue in it than standard headlights, but they didn't shine any further than the standard lights and didn't give any wider beam or anything like that.

IMO You'd be better off spending the money on either re-polishing your existing lenses or buying all new ones...I did that to mine and holy smokes does it ever look better!
I've used them for years in other vehicles and have always had good results. My route to and from work is unlit back roads and side streets with random deer. So anything brighter than OEM works for me. My lenses are good still and I just replaced the housings in my zj. Just read a few threads about the hid retrofit. That'd be awesome but I don't have the patience to do something like that lol.
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #25469
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Wife was feeling down due to noisy kids, elderly parent woes, and general boredom on a do-nothing Saturday so I suggested we load up in the WJ and I took her for a little spin on a local light trail. Plenty of mud, a few rocks and some nasty deep ruts in the road full of red muddy water. The Jeep handled it perfectly and got a little muddy in the process and the wife enjoyed herself and is now a calm mama. LOL She wants to know when we can go back now.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #25470
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post

Philipps HIR bulbs....google it.
Will do thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.