What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1695 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 10-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #25411
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ
You keep driving it....
dope that's not it lol. I was getting 15mpg. than it slowly decreased to 13 now it is at 11

Unread 10-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #25412
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomWJ
You keep driving it....
something has to be wrong
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #25413
troy70
2002 WJ 

Did the axle seal (and bearings) last weekend. Tried to press the bearing and retainer with a hammer. Got the bearing seated, but the race fell apart. Not so lucky with the retainer, ended up having to pay $5 to have someone press it for me. 300 miles on it, and no leaks or issues (that I know of).

I'm starting to hear some rotational friction noises from the front end. Gotta get it up in the air and see if I can figure it out. Hoping it's not the CV, as I don't want to drop money on a new one and I can't afford the u-joint conversion yet. WTF is up with the cost there... I can replace both sides for like $100, but it's like $800 for the conversion?

---

15mpg down to 11? Wow... something wrong for sure. Last month, I did my plugs, cleaned the IAC and throttle body. Took a few runs for the computer to learn how to idle again, but my mileage went from 15 to almost 17 (100+ miles of highway a day).
troy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #25414
03grndcherokee
2003 WJ 

Had to stop at autozone this morning after work for a new battery, just my luck.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using JeepForum

Video with pics of my old truck.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33PdCP_-8U[/url]
03grndcherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #25415
Galaxie500LTD
2001 WJ 

Replaced my Grease monkey beaten on, smashed, hammered, impact wrench half on, but just hit the trigger anyway, because it's not my F'n lug nut and I like ruining lug nuts because I'm a knuckle dragging idiot who you were foolish enough hand over the keys to, bad idea designed, filed down (by me) in order to attempt getting them to NOT stick in my 19mm socket, capped crappy factory lug nuts... with THESE!

lugs.jpg
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #25416
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Fixed my non-functioning turn signals, snagged a relay out of the junkyard for $1 and they work perfectly now. FWIW, my hazards worked just fine, but the signals themselves were dead. I also pulled an ACM and tossed it in to see if that would fix my airbag light, which it didn't. The light shuts off for a second on startup and then comes back on, so I'm going to replace the clock spring and see if that fixes it.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #25417
buger561
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie500LTD View Post
Replaced my Grease monkey beaten on, smashed, hammered, impact wrench half on, but just hit the trigger anyway, because it's not my F'n lug nut and I like ruining lug nuts because I'm a knuckle dragging idiot who you were foolish enough hand over the keys to, bad idea designed, filed down (by me) in order to attempt getting them to NOT stick in my 19mm socket, capped crappy factory lug nuts... with THESE!

Attachment 783442
Where'd you order those from? I replaced mine with ones from AmericanMuscle a year ago and they've started rusting where wrenches/impacts have worn down some of the chrome.
buger561 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #25418
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

just got finished replacing my turn signal switch with this new one i got from rock auto
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #25419
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy70
Did the axle seal (and bearings) last weekend. Tried to press the bearing and retainer with a hammer. Got the bearing seated, but the race fell apart. Not so lucky with the retainer, ended up having to pay $5 to have someone press it for me. 300 miles on it, and no leaks or issues (that I know of). I'm starting to hear some rotational friction noises from the front end. Gotta get it up in the air and see if I can figure it out. Hoping it's not the CV, as I don't want to drop money on a new one and I can't afford the u-joint conversion yet. WTF is up with the cost there... I can replace both sides for like $100, but it's like $800 for the conversion? --- 15mpg down to 11? Wow... something wrong for sure. Last month, I did my plugs, cleaned the IAC and throttle body. Took a few runs for the computer to learn how to idle again, but my mileage went from 15 to almost 17 (100+ miles of highway a day).
There are lots of threads on here about rebuilding or swapping from compatible models. You don't have to spend that much. I have the I6 with Selec-Trac and I think I did mine for around $200 (and that was completely rebuilt). You might be looking at more depending on the type of TC and DS you have now.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #25420
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Replaced fuel filter/regulater and put in A new rugged ridge synthetic air filter. Made a good bit of difference. Next Im going to delete the air intake resonater.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #25421
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboarder27
Replaced fuel filter/regulater and put in A new rugged ridge synthetic air filter. Made a good bit of difference. Next Im going to delete the air intake resonater. Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
I was going to do my fuel filter. But I'm not capable lol I gotta bring it somewhere. What is deleting the air intake resonater Gonna do for u ?
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #25422
Galaxie500LTD
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buger561 View Post
Where'd you order those from? I replaced mine with ones from AmericanMuscle a year ago and they've started rusting where wrenches/impacts have worn down some of the chrome.
I bought them in person from my local auto parts store up here in Northern Ontario.

They're: Papco Acorn Chrome Wheel nuts 1/2-20 3/4 hex part #558-148

They were $2.50 each up here, but they're one piece and I like them I could not take one more day with those old Chrysler lugs. I plan on never letting a mechanic near them.

Time will tell how they hold up.
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #25423
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Rolled over 109,000 miles....not a lot compared to some of you, but getting there. Added about 24,000in the 2 and a half years ive owned her...do a lot of miles in company trucks and a few in the Furhers SLK too.
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #25424
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Continued my research for some better tires now that I've determined what I have from my zj won't fit without a bb, which I don't want to do at the moment since it's my dd. Of all the tire sizes in the stickies, I don't see any mention of 255/65-17, which is 30.06" tall. I'm assuming these will fit fine...possibly? Considering the Falken Rocky Mountains.
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #25425
Jrboarder27
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
I was going to do my fuel filter. But I'm not capable lol I gotta bring it somewhere. What is deleting the air intake resonater Gonna do for u ?
Don't know for sure, I've heard different things. I've heard better throttle response, and better economy. but I've also heard it does nothing. So I figured I'd try and see what happens.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using JeepForum
Jrboarder27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.