Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#33,763 ·
I have an extra one. It's yours if you're local to North Jersey...

I've been loving the snow up here lately. Driving a WJ is sometimes too much fun. Just wish I'd have one weekend with decent weather, though.
We didn't have any snow here in Asheville an not near as much as you guys did but it was great driving for my first winter with the WJ. They are building some apartments next to my house and it was an empty dirt lot for a few days covered in snow and ice!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#33,764 ·
If you get the OEM harness, it's plug n play. The biggest pain was getting the interior trim panels off. Also, if you get a new hitch from the dealership, don't get the bezel or cut your bumper; they redesigned the hitch and now it hangs under the bumper. I strongly suspect it's to protect the gas tank, after all those ZJ's, WJ's, and KJ's doing Pinto impersonations after being rear ended
Reese makes one that is very similar to the oem one that mounts behind the fascia and uses the bezel. Personally I think it looks better and looks a seems to be built sturdier then the Mopar one they offer now

#33,765 ·
I had that happen before. I surmised it was due to a bad contact at the fuse holder causing resistance and heating enough to melt the plastic but not blow the fuse. Chased it for a while with new fuses. Then I replaced the fuse holder and never had a problem.
Yep, that makes sense. I'm hoping that was all that it was but I'll be keeping my eye on it for a while.

#33,766 ·
Removed the mud flaps, trimmed the bumper and plastic that attaches to it in the wheel wells, and shimmed the fog lights forward about .7" (used nylon spacers and longer screws from the hardware store) to keep the tires from hitting the sockets when I turn. Much less rubbing noise now. Still waiting on the lift kit. Weather is probably slowing shipping speeds.

Attachments

#33,773 ·
Removed the mud flaps, trimmed the bumper and plastic that attaches to it in the wheel wells, and shimmed the fog lights forward about .7" (used nylon spacers and longer screws from the hardware store) to keep the tires from hitting the sockets when I turn. Much less rubbing noise now. Still waiting on the lift kit. Weather is probably slowing shipping speeds.
Want to sell the mud flaps?

#33,777 ·
Reese makes one that is very similar to the oem one that mounts behind the fascia and uses the bezel. Personally I think it looks better and looks a seems to be built sturdier then the Mopar one they offer now
Is it this one? I couldn't find any other on the website, but that one seems to only be a short pig-tail, and you'd still need the factory harness to work with it.

Got my jeep back after a month in the body shop and new tailights in place. After and before body shop photos
Nice! Did they replace the whole quarter, or just bang it out? I'm looking at a project WJ with less damage in a similar spot, directly under the window

#33,778 ·
My dad drive it due to the snow we've had and he called saying the radio, wipers, and air wouldn't work. He then called saying that there was smoking from under the hood and he shut it off. Then it wouldn't start. Door locks wouldn't work, starter wouldn't engage, nothing would fire so it has to get towed in the morning. Sounds like my planned upgrades will be put on hold for a bit longer.

#33,780 ·
Is it this one? I couldn't find any other on the website, but that one seems to only be a short pig-tail, and you'd still need the factory harness to work with it.
I could have sworn they had another one that was almost identical to that one but with longer wires to run and splice it in, I can't seem to find it no though. (Possibly discontinued from them as well?)