What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1687 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #25291
troy70
2002 WJ 

Almost done putting a new seal and bearing on an axle... ran into a snag, not sure if I can proceed or not.

troy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #25292
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93
That has to be off haha if a wj can get that kind of mileage then please tell us your secrets!!!
lol right.
Unread 10-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #25293
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade
Just logged 26.6 MPG says the Garmin Nuvi calculator. That's about normal but it's been a while since I last checked. Good girl. *pats WJ on the hood*
how long does ur tank last than
Unread 10-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #25294
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
Just logged 26.6 MPG says the Garmin Nuvi calculator. That's about normal but it's been a while since I last checked. Good girl. *pats WJ on the hood*
Haa haa.....yeah right. Converting that to UK gallons that means you hey get a better mpg than I get from my CRD diesel.....I don't think so.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
Unread 10-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #25295
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Haa haa.....yeah right. Converting that to UK gallons that means you hey get a better mpg than I get from my CRD diesel.....I don't think so.

Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
With oversized tires one can't use their odometer or info-panel so the next best accurate device is an updated and publicly available non-military grade GPS. How else is one to calculate MPG other than track distance covered and divide by gallons to refill? To test today, I filled the tank to the brim when departing and to the brim again at the same gas station upon return. I used a Garmin Nuvi to track mileage and, though I prefer more than just a couple hours of driving, it was what it was and the tank only took 3.5 to fill back up when I got back.

If you notice where I may have erred in calculation or have a better method to suggest, then please enlist in the JeepForum group of worthy members and share.
The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #25296
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia
Haa haa.....yeah right. Converting that to UK gallons that means you hey get a better mpg than I get from my CRD diesel.....I don't think so. Sent from the Dark Side using only the Force.
You never do believe it, a CRD are better any day, if you are used to the english smog, you will love the NOX from That CRD emisson, Thumbsup
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #25297
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrum93 View Post

That has to be off haha if a wj can get that kind of mileage then please tell us your secrets!!!
The secret is the garmin
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #25298
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisBlade View Post
With oversized tires one can't use their odometer or info-panel so the next best accurate device is an updated and publicly available non-military grade GPS. How else is one to calculate MPG other than track distance covered and divide by gallons to refill? To test today, I filled the tank to the brim when departing and to the brim again at the same gas station upon return. I used a Garmin Nuvi to track mileage and, though I prefer more than just a couple hours of driving, it was what it was and the tank only took 3.5 to fill back up when I got back.

If you notice where I may have erred in calculation or have a better method to suggest, then please enlist in the JeepForum group of worthy members and share.
I use a program on my phone. If you know how much your odometer is off by, it can easily calculate what the actual is but it's not enough to be too far out from what I'm actually getting,

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #25299
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Ordered some Rugged Ridge mats for the front. I love mine in the ZJ so the dub needed a set.

Contemplating swapping the Duratracs from the zj to it for the winter. Found brand new take off steelies from a jk locally for $80 I'd put them on. Just afraid of rubbing with stock offset wheels.
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #25300
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyre24 View Post

How did you install taillight guards? Mine has 3 tabs for screws. Two are obvious, and it bounces around a lot. But there is a 3rd one in the bottom. Where does that one go. Bottom of light itself? Or did you get the style you have to drill?
First I took the tail lights off and screwed the 2 that lined up in. Then took an extra screw I had in the tool box and screwed the bottom in, right through the bottom of the light fixture. And made sure it was even and lined up. Then slapped them back in.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #25301
pyre24
2000 WJ 

unfortunately mine do not have a bottom. i have this style.
alt-yd-jgc99-c.gif

pyre24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #25302
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
I use a program on my phone. If you know how much your odometer is off by, it can easily calculate what the actual is but it's not enough to be too far out from what I'm actually getting,
what app
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #25303
aralph30
2003 WJ 

What grade gas does everyone use on their 4.7L V8?
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #25304
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyre24 View Post
unfortunately mine do not have a bottom. i have this style.
Ohh ya thats a no go. Maybe you can go down? And into the plastic bumper?
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #25305
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got new shoes for the wife's WJ,

They are 265/70R17 Nitto Crosstek's on JK 17" rims. Not bad, $708 out the door with road hazard, mounting/balancing, and full alignment.

Jerry

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.