Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#33,641 ·
Very nice. How much fun was it installing that skid plate?
Thank you!

I did the skid plate in steps which helped a lot. I used a motorcycle/quad lift that I had to Jack it up and hold it while I lined everything up. Once it was in place, I used a couple of 6" C clamps on the cross member to lock in place while I drilled the holes. All of which I did a couple of weeks ago. Then painted it and let it sit in the garage until yesterday to do the final install. I will say this, the KOR instructions have the wrong sized drill bits stated. I had to re-drill some of the holes yesterday and I will need to touch up the paint. It's a pain, but with the help of the lift, It made it a one man job.

#33,642 ·
Re attached one of the heated rear screen connectors that fell off a while back. Nice to have a functioning heated rear screen again. Was going to solder it but was scared of cracking the glass with the heat so I superglued it in place and used some conductive silver paint to cover the base and make the contact with the element....so far so good!

#33,644 ·
Thank you!

I did the skid plate in steps which helped a lot. I used a motorcycle/quad lift that I had to Jack it up and hold it while I lined everything up. Once it was in place, I used a couple of 6" C clamps on the cross member to lock in place while I drilled the holes. All of which I did a couple of weeks ago. Then painted it and let it sit in the garage until yesterday to do the final install. I will say this, the KOR instructions have the wrong sized drill bits stated. I had to re-drill some of the holes yesterday and I will need to touch up the paint. It's a pain, but with the help of the lift, It made it a one man job.
Same experience for me. I installed it last week, and cursed like a sailor the whole time. Wrong drill sizes on the instructions that are 4 years old seemed unacceptable to me. I still don't know the proper drill size for the carriage bolts up front (7/16 obviously was wrong!). So mine are sticking out for now since I was too tired to take it off yet again. My biggest gripe was why they couldn't at least drill the 4 holes to line up with the holes in the cross member? Just lazy or poor engineering IMO.

But here's what I worked on yesterday. This was a much easier project than installing the skid...

#33,649 ·
<~~ Drove a 30 mile commute to work with 3.5 inches of snow on the road and still putting it down. I live on back roads. Several cars into the ditch. 1 late 80's early 90's 4wd S10 in the ditch on its roof. Never took mine out of 2 WD. LOL. Didn't even spin. Took it nice and easy. Supposed to get 10 to 12 inches on top of this tonight in NW Virginia.

#33,656 ·
Same experience for me. I installed it last week, and cursed like a sailor the whole time. Wrong drill sizes on the instructions that are 4 years old seemed unacceptable to me. I still don't know the proper drill size for the carriage bolts up front (7/16 obviously was wrong!). So mine are sticking out for now since I was too tired to take it off yet again. My biggest gripe was why they couldn't at least drill the 4 holes to line up with the holes in the cross member? Just lazy or poor engineering IMO.
Yep, you would think they knew the difference between 21/32 and 21/64 for the 3/8" clearance holes. I used a step drill bit yesterday on the 4 holes going into the cross member and went up to 9/16 and was afraid to go too big. I hit the head of the carriage bolt with a hammer, then tightened the nut, and repeated until the were flush. It was a Pain for sure, but I'm glad that's its all done now :2thumbsup:

#33,657 ·
2in BB, new Bilstein 5100's on front and back, and new isolators all the way around. Big thanks to Kolak for the parts. Found out the metal piece (can't think of the name of it) on the bottom where the front springs sit was completely rusted out on the drivers side and 3/4 of the way gone on the passenger side. Going to have to order new ones and have the local shop weld them in for me. Also managed to break both bolts holding the front drivers side bump stop on so will also have to have the shop get the bolts out, install the extended bump stop, and do the whole passenger side. Should have 5 new General Grabber AT2's installed on Wednesday. Going to have to replace the outer tie rod ends before the alignment happens. Was going to do that today but don't have a grease gun so couldn't install them. Already loving the new shocks. The old ones were so shot it wasn't even funny, so she rocked like a boat. That's gone now. Now she rides nice and tight.

#33,658 ·
I didn't drive her or do anything to her today but I did admire all the pictures I have of her! 😉

View attachment 1887017
What fender flares are those? They don't look like Bushwhackers. And I was referring to you when I said I liked qthe colors...:thumbsup: