What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1677 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #25141
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

Been awhile since I've been on here but I replaced all 8 spark plugs, not nearly as hard as people on here make you think. I did run into a problem with one of the ignition coils though. It cracked at the bottom and the little rubber boot stayed down in the hole. It took a little fussing to get it out. Then I made a pair of plug in jumper cables out of a dryer cord and added a dryer outlet hidden underneath the front license plate with a fold up bracket.1381515648769.jpg1381515678536.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Unread 10-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #25142
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Gave thumbs up to guy in a bad *** jk Rubi, did not get nod in return.
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #25143
jpat30

Renewed my tags; legal for another year.......................
-Carpe Diem Phil 1:20
jpat30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #25144
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTW_WJ View Post
Yeah, and what's funny is after reading your post where it says "and who knows all the little things" my mind said, oh what about this and that and that and that...... lol

I agree with getting it up to standards!! as the P.O. didn't know how and couldn't afford to part someone to replace a lot of the things.
Yep! check valve for vacuum light backwards, drivers said just DONE on so many levels, so all seats have been replaced, hoood/window/glass struts, lights, added tow hitch and wiring, one front wheel liner replaced, front and back bumper covers.......list goes on.

OT: got the wiring on the roof lights redone and wired through the hatch into the rear corner panel. Temporarily wired the rack wiring to the hatch wiring as I still have to find a plug I can use so it can be removeable. Not sure what will work as it has to accept 12 and 8 gauge wiring. Next will be putting in the relays and wiring to the switches which are already in place. Then hooking to the battery/rear power block as required and all should be good to go.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #25145
Trxgedy

Yesterday -- Gave her a bath and the cheap duplicolor oem black trim paint decided to come off, going to have to invest in the krylon fusion, replaced the BCM, that didnt solve my problem, plasti-dipped my rims, chrome grill and the gas door.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #25146
buger561
2003 WJ 

Did the line in aux cable mod.

At first I though I would be going to the junkyard tomorrow for a new bezel. I had made the hole too close to the left edge, luckily I was able to mount the jack sideways and snap a piece off the corner of the radio itself. Works great!!!!

Finished:

Soldered up:

Making it fit:

Install:
buger561 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #25147
shortbus1973

Not today but ongoing...put my wj in the shop for an engine rebuild :-(
shortbus1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #25148
buger561
2003 WJ 

Checking out the registry section. What do you guys think about this guy's stone texture painted bezels? Its definitely interesting.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f274/...o-4-7-1616665/
buger561 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #25149
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
Been awhile since I've been on here but I replaced all 8 spark plugs, not nearly as hard as people on here make you think. I did run into a problem with one of the ignition coils though. It cracked at the bottom and the little rubber boot stayed down in the hole. It took a little fussing to get it out. Then I made a pair of plug in jumper cables out of a dryer cord and added a dryer outlet hidden underneath the front license plate with a fold up bracket.

Say what?
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #25150
theksmith
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buger561 View Post
Checking out the registry section. What do you guys think about this guy's stone texture painted bezels? Its definitely interesting.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f274/...o-4-7-1616665/
"Work at a custom shop so there will be more to come" - can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope View Post
... Then I made a pair of plug in jumper cables out of a dryer cord and added a dryer outlet hidden underneath the front license plate with a fold up bracket.
i was envisioning a hair dryer and wondering WTF? then i realized you probably meant a 220v clothes dryer and it made slightly more sense.
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #25151
Shaggs2Dope
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Say what?
I should probably say why I did that. My key doesn't unlock my door so if my battery dies the only way I can get in is to break a Window. Ask me how I figured that one out? So I pulled two leads off my battery and hooked them up to a 220v dryer plug and mounted it under my front license plate. Then I took a pair of jumper cables and cut one end of and took the male end of the same dryer plug and soldered it on. I keep them hidden underneath the Jeep just in case I'm stuck somewhere with a dead battery I just have to reach under pull out the cables and plug them in and get a jump from someone. With a dead battery I can't get in to open the hood to get to the battery so that's why I did it like this. Someday I'll fix the lock so my key works but this was easy and I think is pretty cool.

Unread 10-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #25152
EisBlade
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Clearcoat is peeling on the hood, roof and rear hatch which prompted all this attention in prepping it for a color change soon. For fun and a nice welcome change from Flame Frickin' Red, I'm going to 3M Anthracite Metallic Gray Matte vinyl wrap. I posted on Craigslist looking for vinyl wrap talent and one of two guys that responded actually left a professional shop to start his own business. He's doing my WJ for $1600 (body panels excluded which I'm sanding down later to roll on truck bed liner)

Replaced the bulb for the 3rd brake light
Restored/Polished the 3rd brake light red lens and both headlights

Pulling the roof rails off now, sanding clear coat and touching up some rust found. Will prime and apply clear lacquer later.

Tomorrow I'm tackling the hood. I'm not sure whether to mask off the whole hood and spray it with airplane remover or just sand it - it's that bad. I think, to avoid clearcoat peeling under the vinyl later that I'll end up using the spray on paint remover, priming it, then following up with a layer of clear coat.
The largest forum on Facebook for Road King and larger touring models.

Disclaimer:Not responsible for men of weak character.
EisBlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #25153
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Not today but Thursday I put my cb in

image-306731398.jpg

image-1071392518.jpg

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #25154
jziegler
2002 WJ 

Reflashed pcm.
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #25155
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got my RB1 AL NAV disc in the mail. Found out that the DVD mech in the RB1 is just fine! I bought it off eBay for $150 shipped because the NAV disc would not read. Found out that it will give a read error at first, then go to radio and back to NAV, the screen goes blank, and, then the disc starts updating the firmware. I'm so glad!! Now, need to get a GPS antenna.

Jerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.