What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1674 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 10-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #25096
Ikelovey
2002 WJ 

just got her back out of the shop (dealership).
Resistor block on the HVAC
Drag link
TRE's and Ball joints

$900.

How the hell am I supposed to do any mods when I constantly am throwing up Gs to maintain>?

Ikelovey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #25097
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikelovey
just got her back out of the shop (dealership). Resistor block on the HVAC Drag link TRE's and Ball joints $900. How the hell am I supposed to do any mods when I constantly am throwing up Gs to maintain>?
what kind of noise was ur it making that u realized u had to replace them ?
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #25098
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

You could have done a lot of that yourself. That's the only way I can save money.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #25099
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikelovey
just got her back out of the shop (dealership). Resistor block on the HVAC Drag link TRE's and Ball joints $900. How the hell am I supposed to do any mods when I constantly am throwing up Gs to maintain>?
I honestly am surprised you got all that done for $900. Did you replace all 4 Ball Joints?
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #25100
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post
You could have done a lot of that yourself. That's the only way I can save money.
Thats the key!.....If i paid I wasnt ex motor trade and had to pay every one to do stuff for me I probably could not afford to run a WJ at all...especially at UK prices (plus the fuel at over $9 a UK gallon!). I buy parts anywhere other than main stealer and do ALL my work myself. The only exception being mounting tyres....I can do it (I either use the 8 foot bar and rocker of the car method or the cut them off method....getting them on is easy by hand) but life is too short and I would still need to go in to balance them up.
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #25101
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

I copied theksmith 's CB install...

Well the antennae part so far, the cable and final mount of the Cobra 75wxst will be on saturday
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #25102
Ikelovey
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat View Post
I honestly am surprised you got all that done for $900. Did you replace all 4 Ball Joints?
No, just front uppers
Ikelovey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #25103
Mav-Jason
1999 WJ 

Just drove mine... BUT, I happened across an XJ that was just too much NOT TO SHARE. Enjoy... and wtf was this dude thinking?
imag0180.jpg   imag0181.jpg   imag0179.jpg  

Black '99 WJ 4.0 Selec-Trac~ OME MDs w/ .75" Spacers, Bilseins, JKS ADJ. TB,
Moog SS, Moog HD TREs/ Sleeves, Ext Rear Links, 16x8 Ion Alloys, 32" BFG Wrangler Authorities
Mav-Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #25104
trevord1
2004 WJ 

just got new gears and the master install kit anybody have a detailed thread on how to do it?
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #25105
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Paid my JF membership today
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #25106
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord1 View Post
just got new gears and the master install kit anybody have a detailed thread on how to do it?
IMO, if you need a DIY for a gear swap, you might be in over your head. I guess if you're really mechanically inclined, you could read step-by-step instructions and get it done... but I've read that it's really easy to screw it up if you're not careful.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #25107
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav-Jason
Just drove mine... BUT, I happened across an XJ that was just too much NOT TO SHARE. Enjoy... and wtf was this dude thinking?
Looks like painters tape. Maybe he was about to start painting his flares and realized he forgot something. Lol.
Jaketit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #25108
NOTW_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikelovey View Post
just got her back out of the shop (dealership).
Resistor block on the HVAC
Drag link
TRE's and Ball joints

$900.

How the hell am I supposed to do any mods when I constantly am throwing up Gs to maintain>?
I know what you mean!

In the last year I have replaced the 3 motor/trans mounts, upper/lower spring isolators, upper/lower Ball joints, 3 front inner axle seals, both hub bearing units, 6 U-joints in the driveshafts, KOR Track bar bushings, front brakes/rotors, All the jonny joint/control arm bushings fr/rr, plugs & tune up, oil pressure sending unit, replaced all 5 35" tires (ouch) and valve cover gaskets... like the others have said...if it wasn't for the fact that I did all the labor myself, I wouldn't have been able to afford the mods that I've done as well as the maintenance items
NOTW_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #25109
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Looks like painters tape. Maybe he was about to start painting his flares and realized he forgot something. Lol.
If he were painting his flares, the "painters tape" (which I'm pretty confident is paint) would not be on the flares--it'd be everywhere else!
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #25110
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav-Jason
It's a riced out Xj hahaha lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.