What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1670 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 10-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #25036
SirSilvia
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
You either need a locksmith to change to door to the ignition key, or find out the key code to the door key, buy another ignition cylinder, key it to the door key, and have it programmed to the SKIM. Not sure what would be cheaper. Probably, having two keys :-) I keep a flat non-transponder spare in my pocket, just in case.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Maybe also just buying a whole new set from ebay etc. locks, ignition and keys

Unread 10-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #25037
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

For my wife's WJ, the memory buttons on the door as well as the different fobs control unlocking, both side mirror positions, driver's side seat position, and radio presets for each driver.

Jerry
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #25038
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Took the dogs for a cruise.
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #25039
troy70
2002 WJ 

Ignition could not be saved? WTF? The ignition cylinder is easy as pie to set to any key you could care to imagine. Just 8 pins to fuss with, not hard to do (just make sure you have plenty of light).

On the fobs, color doesn't matter. The colors are simply to tell them apart for the memory seats and mirrors (I think).

To add a new transponder key, you need 2 working keys. To add a fob, you need 1 key and 1 fob (I think).
troy70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #25040
Big_Wall
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post

So if I am the only one who drives the WJ would I still need the two different colored fobs or would one color work?

"""If it comes and goes, I would say that you have a short in the wireing for the door. Check your wires, they get brittle and break in the insulation. """

Well could it also be the key itself. The reason I ask is because the new key for the outside of the door is like a normal house key and not the transponder key like the ignition is.
You don't need a transponder key for the alarm. I recently had to rewire the door because my key would not turn off the alarm. There is a security alarm key switch on the back of the lock cylinder that you may have to replace. Check the wiring first.
Big_Wall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #25041
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy70 View Post
Ignition could not be saved? WTF? The ignition cylinder is easy as pie to set to any key you could care to imagine. Just 8 pins to fuss with, not hard to do (just make sure you have plenty of light).

On the fobs, color doesn't matter. The colors are simply to tell them apart for the memory seats and mirrors (I think).

To add a new transponder key, you need 2 working keys. To add a fob, you need 1 key and 1 fob (I think).
Someone had broken the windows out and tried to steal the WJ (wasn't mine at this time). The ignition cylinder had been torn apart for the fools trying to hot wire it and break it to get it started.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #25042
BigWheel7
1999 WJ 

My only way to unlock my doors at all is the flat house type keys that aren't chip. Then the standard jeep key for the ignition. I did try to trick where you unlock it and wait to make sure the lights on the inside came on and this worked and my alarm hasn't gone off all day.
BigWheel7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #25043
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Spent part of the day at the junkyard. Found a couple of Varilok equipped WJs and contemplated pulling the axles.

Ended up pulling out a cd changer cubby w/lid to replace the standard half height cubby. Also scored a 4 disk cd changer for my SRT4.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #25044
Jaspah
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheel7 View Post
Someone had broken the windows out and tried to steal the WJ (wasn't mine at this time). The ignition cylinder had been torn apart for the fools trying to hot wire it and break it to get it started.
I remember reading somewhere that Grand Cherokees are one of the harder vehicles to steal.
Jaspah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #25045
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Hit the wreckers yesterday and nothing new in the way of WJ's. Did find a 5.9, so grabbed the hood louvres. Not sure if I'll use or not, but have in case I do. One of the drip trays needs to be repaired, but easy enough to do. Louvres themselves are perfect shape.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #25046
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Finished painting my surrogate axle assembly with Eastwood's chassis black over the rust encapsulator. Differential carriage removed. Time to remove the [stubborn] pinion nut...master rebuild kit in the wings...
Unread 10-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #25047
go-big
2004 WJ 

image-944506015.jpg
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #25048
Jaysun1994
2001 WJ 

tucked the tank
Jaysun1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #25049
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysun1994
tucked the tank
how did U do tht ?
Unread 10-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #25050
Jaysun1994
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
how did U do tht ?
followed a write up on mall crawlin i think and winged most of it lol.

edit found the write up http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthr...uel-tank-on-WJ
Jaysun1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.