What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1668 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #25006
2ndhandWJman
2003 WJ 

I washed off a ton of bird poop, they must have been teaching the younger ones how to nail a windshield! Then I went and looked at a '96 Bronco. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a full size SUV that can bolt on a set of 31" tires without having to lift it and trim sheet metal.

2ndhandWJman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #25007
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
I think I'm in the same boat. Doesn't make a sound while going fast. Just when I'm slow in a parking lot up to 20 miles an hour. So big Dave, what does this work entail?
When I drive it slow in a parking lot, turn slowly to the left, it groans as I come to a stop to put it in reverse to back into my parking space. No sound if I turn to the right. Could be my front diff. I really need to change the fluids on front and rear before it gets too cold. TC too.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #25008
akinshake
1999 WJ 

Just finished up my BB install and got my satin black moabs on too. Super stoked on how it turned out! Going to the junk yard tomorrow hoping to finish up all of the little broken things inside.
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #25009
zakary0811
1999 WJ 

Replaced that damn crank sensor make sure you have at least 3 feet in extensions a swivel and an 11mm socket. It was pretty easy to do once I got it figured out.
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #25010
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick

When I drive it slow in a parking lot, turn slowly to the left, it groans as I come to a stop to put it in reverse to back into my parking space. No sound if I turn to the right. Could be my front diff. I really need to change the fluids on front and rear before it gets too cold. TC too.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
If its groaning then its definitely your diffs. No biggie just change your diff fluids. Mine is a rattle and from the last person who posted on this said something about front DS. and I'm interested.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #25011
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndhandWJman View Post
I washed off a ton of bird poop, they must have been teaching the younger ones how to nail a windshield! Then I went and looked at a '96 Bronco. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a full size SUV that can bolt on a set of 31" tires without having to lift it and trim sheet metal.
Yeah but Ford's TTB front suspension is a nightmare that can't maintain an alignment and eats ball joints. Not to mention the E4OD transmission leaves much to be desired in terms of longevity.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #25012
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit
If its groaning then its definitely your diffs. No biggie just change your diff fluids. Mine is a rattle and from the last person who posted on this said something about front DS. and I'm interested.
yea me too but I'm really worried. I'm not trying to spend mad $$$ on a fix I hope it is nothing serious maybe something loose
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #25013
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

Ordered a set of kc slimlites to add to the roof of the dub, put vinyl covers on the hids already to add some protection from the crazy cold weather we having coming through the Dakotas. Also reprinted the grill insert and tow hooks yellow to match the light covers
Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #25014
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ
Ordered a set of kc slimlites to add to the roof of the dub, put vinyl covers on the hids already to add some protection from the crazy cold weather we having coming through the Dakotas. Also reprinted the grill insert and tow hooks yellow to match the light covers
where did u buy your two hooks I wanna buy a pair for not to much tho I'm on somewhat of a budget rn
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #25015
Highschool_WJ
1999 WJ 

My bad I should've specified a little more, I have d ring shackles on it from fawkes fabrications. They're reasonably priced for how well built they are. These things will rip the unibody apart before they break!
Highschool_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #25016
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ
My bad I should've specified a little more, I have d ring shackles on it from fawkes fabrications. They're reasonably priced for how well built they are. These things will rip the unibody apart before they break!
I paid 125 for them?
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #25017
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
I paid 125 for them?
I'm Ron Burgundy? Ha ha.

I really haven't been around much lately. I've been trying to close on my house. Looking to finally start overhauling the suspension. All 4 front ball joints and tie rod ends are done so far. Next are some control arms. I'm still not sure about what lift I'll be running, but it'll probably be either the Rusty's 2.5"/2.0" or the IRO 3". What control arms does everyone recommend? I don't wheel crazy trails, but if I have to replace all this crap I might as well upgrade. Thanks.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #25018
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
where did u buy your two hooks I wanna buy a pair for not to much tho I'm on somewhat of a budget rn
Bought mine on Fleabay for $35. They are the factory ones.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #25019
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Attempted to put a reese hitch on this morning and getting the rear bumper off was a bit of a pita. Said **** it and towed with the niner.
Unread 10-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #25020
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We drove the WJ an hour and a half to the Pick-N-Save and looked at all of the GC's they had. Most everything that we needed was already picked apart, but I did manage to get a gauge cluster from a Limited (the white face gauges) that I'm going to put up for sale since it doesn't seem to mate up perfectly... I think it was from a slightly older WJ; Ours is a 2004, and when I installed it, the air bag light stayed on. Taking reasonable offers if anyone wants it!

Also managed to get one piece of trim to replace the damaged piece on the dash. I was trying to get the wood trim from the nicer interios, but I found out the hard way that the dash apparently has to come apart to get the trim off from above the airbag cover. I thought it just popped in/out. Doesn't someone make decent looking stick-on applications to cover up the trim?

Other than that, I discovered that the dummy outlet in the back doesn't seem to have the harness behind the panel like some apparently do. I didn't pull the whole panel off, but I pried the fake outlet out and there's nothing obvious behind it. Kind of bummed because I wanted to (easily) add an outlet to the back. Ordered LED's for the rear license plate light... Uhhh... I guess that's about it.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.