Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#33,243 ·
I'm getting a little tired the bickering. Whatever angered whomever, how about we let it go.

#33,245 ·
Newfive said:
Put meats back on... local wj owner with 245's kept driving by like 5 times in a row when I had my stock meats on.... soon as I put these back on they quit driving by... duno
are those jk wheels? If yeah do they have to have the 245's on them or does the stock size still fit. Wondering because I was looking to buy the rims and was wondering if I needed new tires too

#33,248 ·
Is that the Daystar panel meant for a JK modified to fit in there? I'd be curious on a write up for this! Looks good.
Thanks! I've been trying to make the interior look really clean and as close to stock as possible.

Its actually a Carling snap-in switch bracket that otrattw sells on their site, its one of these end piece kits http://www.otrattw.net/Snap-In-Switch-Bracket-End-VME-01.html and two of these center brackets http://www.otrattw.net/Snap-In-Switch-Bracket-End-VMM-01.html

I haven't done anything to the bracket, all I've gotta do to finish it is shave down both sides of the panel and possibly the insides of the ash tray to create a tight fit between the two so it doesn't move around and then I'll be able to close the ashtray and completely hide the switch panel.

#33,251 ·
Well today finally addressed my loose steering. Had the upper tie rods replaced. The bottoms were replaced last fall. Im never going to have extra money to put into extras. I've spent between tires, brakes, suspension, radiator, water pump, tune up, sway bar and linkage, muffler, bushings, rear control arms and bushings close to 3,000. Oh and a new stereo. Its driving me crazy. But for tonight it sure does drive nice and tight. Ahhhh the memories.

#33,253 ·
replaced my cv axle, can't believe it took 4hrs. Rotors so rusted I have to smack it BFH, wheel hub so rusted I have to improvise a bolt to loosen it out, one of the caliper pin is so dry and gummed out (maybe PO used anti-seize) it's stuck. overall it's a nice feeling it won't fail soon.
looking at the driver side tomorrow (maybe since it's not that bad, just torn with some grease still inside)

Also finished the leather upgrade (mainly the wiring)

#33,254 ·
I bought a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee the other day for $700.00. Needed a new passenger cv shaft that was completely broke at the cv. So today I put 2 new cv shafts in the front axle and a new driver wheel bearing. Runs great and drive like a dream. Lift and tires this summer. RCV shafts in the works along with and Aussie locker up front. Had an Aussie in my Tj and loved it.

#33,255 ·
are those jk wheels? If yeah do they have to have the 245's on them or does the stock size still fit. Wondering because I was looking to buy the rims and was wondering if I needed new tires too
Yes, JK 17"... rubber is BFG MK

Did you make that roof rack?
Yes, thought about building another one little different but have not planned it yet.

#33,257 ·
Newfive said:
Put meats back on... local wj owner with 245's kept driving by like 5 times in a row when I had my stock meats on.... soon as I put these back on they quit driving by... duno
Looks like the 255/75r17s the jk Rubicons come with. If you're not lifted, they won't clear. They barely cleared mine with a 2" and trimmed out fog lights.

#33,258 ·
Made a new bar for my BPE. I made it about half an inch longer than the bar that came with my WJ kit, but the lower mount on the JK shocks are about 3/4" wider than the WJ's and I just realized now. Ha ha, I guess I'll try again next week. Unless I don't use the end caps that come with the JKS kit and just use the bar and hardware...? Anyone see any issues with that?

#33,260 ·