What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1663 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #24931
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Got tired of screwing with plastidip on the tedious emblems of our WJs, so took them off and painted them with flat black plastic spray paint...going back on tomorrow hopefully. Not a fan of the debadged look.

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #24932
Kilopup
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
OOPS! Forget to change or add oil, or hydro-lock? Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Yeah, I was pulling my 19 foot trailer and I'm thinking I was burning some oil...just got low and I neglected to check it while filling up at the gas station....man do I regret that!
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #24933
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Been looking at lift options after this last weekend I want to upgrade,, thinking iron rock offroad's 6 1/2 critical path long arms I think with the tube bumpers I want to fab up...... Only got to save $2500 to do it all. I hope I can fit 34s and still have room to flex. Anyone on here running 34s and what lift are you running?
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #24934
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho
Been looking at lift options after this last weekend I want to upgrade,, thinking iron rock offroad's 6 1/2 critical path long arms I think with the tube bumpers I want to fab up...... Only got to save $2500 to do it all. I hope I can fit 34s and still have room to flex. Anyone on here running 34s and what lift are you running?
Well 2500 is a little low, just a heads up. Did you figure shipping into the budget, and any upgrade choices (some which I strongly recommend). Material cost on two tube bumpers has got to be up there also. Anyways, I have 35s on the setup, but I needed to trim my front fenders and bumper to allow it without rubbing. I didn't know they made 34s but I imagine it would probably allow a good amount of flex over 35s.
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #24935
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm

Well 2500 is a little low, just a heads up. Did you figure shipping into the budget, and any upgrade choices (some which I strongly recommend). Material cost on two tube bumpers has got to be up there also. Anyways, I have 35s on the setup, but I needed to trim my front fenders and bumper to allow it without rubbing. I didn't know they made 34s but I imagine it would probably allow a good amount of flex over 35s.
When you say fender trimming are you talking about trimming the top of the fender or the back or all, yeah I figured it was a little low might have to push the budget to 3 k,,, haha it's funny I only paid 4500 for the jeep when I am done the rig will be close to 8 k, I just know I don't like having the smallest tires in the group :-(
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #24936
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorjamm

Csloffroad has the lift for $1820 thats compleat and the driveshaft for $430 I did not figure the price of tires as they are part of maintenance and will come out of that found. What else do I need?
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #24937
Idano12
2004 WJ 

Parked her in the garage, was getting ready to load her up for a 900 mile road trip and she starting peeing all over herself.
Wanted to get her out and see her new road manners and mileage on a highway trip since I put in the lift and I guess she didn't want to go.
Crack in the radiator inlet neck, I'm glad I saw it before we left, and I'm really glad I serviced the wife's car this weekend.
Idano12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #24938
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:

Csloffroad has the lift for $1820 thats compleat and the driveshaft for $430 I did not figure the price of tires as they are part of maintenance and will come out of that found. What else do I need?
Looks like re gearing might be about $600 from the same website. When the time comes I will do more checking around see if I can find it cheaper. I just hope I can do it all myself :-D
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #24939
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Quote:

Quote:

When you say fender trimming are you talking about trimming the top of the fender or the back or all, yeah I figured it was a little low might have to push the budget to 3 k,,, haha it's funny I only paid 4500 for the jeep when I am done the rig will be close to 8 k, I just know I don't like having the smallest tires in the group :-(
Mostly the rear of the fender close to the front doors. The tires rub a lot there when turning. And bumper is a must. I have a wide stance so I had to trim the top for the tires to tuck when flexed. I would make sure to get quick discos at least, adjustable track bar, and an addco rear sway would not hurt. But remember your speedo is going to be off and so are your shifts. To fix that is going to cost some money. Speaking of the driveshafts though, at that height it is highly recommended to get a sye kit for the rear (iro has one for the 242, but not the 247)
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #24940
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Dana 30 master rebuild kit arrived from RockAuto. USA Standard Gear ZK D30-TJ.
image-1265373647.jpg

Unread 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #24941
Big_Wall
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAL23 View Post
Filled up my coolant overflow tank....it was empty yet again...about the 4th time I've filled it up in the past 3 months....no leak anywhere though...I've scanned the whole engine for spots....gettin a bit worried
Have you tried replacing your radiator cap?
Big_Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #24942
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Filled up my coolant overflow tank....it was empty yet again...about the 4th time I've filled it up in the past 3 months....no leak anywhere though...I've scanned the whole engine for spots....gettin a bit worried
I have a thought for you: Lift the passenger side floor mat and see if the floor is wet. I suggest this because I, too, have been slowly losing coolant in my reservoir. Oddly, I did not smell coolant in the Jeep, probably because I've been driving with the windows/sunroof open. But it turns out that one of my heater hoses wasn't quite tight enough and was slowly dribbling down the inside of my dash.
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #24943
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I would have a UOA done, (Used Oil Analysis).
cheapest and quickest place is "Blackstone Labs" ($30). this will tell you the status of your motor oil and your engine in general and will let you know if you have an internal coolant leak.
Than post over at "bobistheoilguy" and explain WHY you did a UOA and ask the pros what they think.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #24944
tuglife
2004 WJ 

Took a couple poser shots at George Washington's birthplace on my way back from a friends wedding in Virginia this past month. Taking photos with my iPhone and posting directly is so easy I never get to put up shots with my nice camera. Anyways this is with my Olympus E-P3 Mirror less SLR and 14-40mm kit lens. All my hood vent install shots are on another camera that of course uses an XD card so I gotta find the cable to hook it up and post those.
image-613839907.jpg

image-1400949418.jpg

4.7 HO V8, K&N FIPK, Old Man Emu HD Springs, Bilstien 5100, 31" 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2, Black JK Moabs, Overland Rock Sliders, Tow Hooks, Westin Brush Guard, GTP Hood Vents, Mopar iPod Integration Kit
tuglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #24945
PHAL23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgohsman
I have a thought for you: Lift the passenger side floor mat and see if the floor is wet. I suggest this because I, too, have been slowly losing coolant in my reservoir. Oddly, I did not smell coolant in the Jeep, probably because I've been driving with the windows/sunroof open. But it turns out that one of my heater hoses wasn't quite tight enough and was slowly dribbling down the inside of my dash.
I'll try this...and I typically drive with the windows up cause I like the darkness from the tint lol, but it never has smelled of coolant...and wsar10 I'll try and find one of those shops...never heard of it....figured everything should be good cause the PO had the engine rebuilt by a shop and I had the radiator thermostat and cap replaced all when I bought it
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.