What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1662 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #24916
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilopup View Post
Seized the engine...dang!
OOPS! Forget to change or add oil, or hydro-lock?

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #24917
akinshake
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb

Had mentioned earlier I needed a couple hood struts/shocks since mine are weak and won't hold the hold up. Just ordered a pair of the Strongarm brand ones through Amazon and this brand seems to work well on liftgates.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007T7TPE4/..._26725410_item

Just bought the same ones, great price and they work even better, not only does my head not hurt from holding up the hood but it even opens on its own once it gets up about 8 inches! For 30 bucks, well worth the investment!
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #24918
VaderTheBlack
2003 WJ 

I realized that the other night my tow strap had hit the hatch when it came off, so I looked up body shops
VaderTheBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #24919
ialatham4
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping
Went with a small group on here for a Nor Cal coastal beach run this weekend. Ran a few logging roads and mountain trails along the way to visit beaches. Also ran some roads through the Giant Redwoods.
Where in nor cal is this?
ialatham4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #24920
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post
Well after some reading the BCM is supposed to be plug and play, so I tore my dash apart this morning to get to mine so I can get the part number and start my search for the right one. Its pretty dirty so ill probably clean everything up after I install before putting all the dash back together. Until then itll sit in my back seat. Now I just need to find a donor jeep to get a BCM from

WHAT'S THE TRICK TO GETTING THESE PANELS OFF??
Can see the two 10mm screws on bottom (and side screw) ...once those are off do some prying??
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #24921
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Rolled 72k on the way home. Bought it with 70k 3 weeks ago. Lovin every mile so far!
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #24922
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialatham4 View Post
Where in nor cal is this?
We started at Ft Bragg and went up the coast.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #24923
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site
WHAT'S THE TRICK TO GETTING THESE PANELS OFF?? Can see the two 10mm screws on bottom (and side screw) ...once those are off do some prying??
Have you tried this site??? http://www.wjjeeps.com/interiortrim.htm#STEERLOW

OT, searched for a new one.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #24924
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Thanks! I had searched around a bit there but couldn't find it..
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #24925
dave1998ZJ

Not today, but Saturday:

Changed the oil - pretty painless. Replaced the PC valve because it was cheap and the old one was very gunky. I tried to clean the filler tube as best I could, but it's obvious nobody had done it in a VERY long time (I've owned it for ~3k miles).

Added coolant - I don't know who the hell thinks red loctite belongs on the vent plug, but I twisted an allen wrench getting it out. It's a miracle it didn't break after going bad and forth for 10 mins.

Changed the trans fluid - what a messy job with just an oilpan on the garage floor. Thank God for cardboard. The flat filter seal gave me a little trouble but not too bad. It took some improvising to get the canister filter off, but I finally managed. The hardest part was cleaning the pan. 2 cans of Brakleen later...

And then this.
dave1998ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #24926
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1998ZJ
Not today, but Saturday:

Changed the oil - pretty painless. Replaced the PC valve because it was cheap and the old one was very gunky. I tried to clean the filler tube as best I could, but it's obvious nobody had done it in a VERY long time (I've owned it for ~3k miles).

Added coolant - I don't know who the hell thinks red loctite belongs on the vent plug, but I twisted an allen wrench getting it out. It's a miracle it didn't break after going bad and forth for 10 mins.

Changed the trans fluid - what a messy job with just an oilpan on the garage floor. Thank God for cardboard. The flat filter seal gave me a little trouble but not too bad. It took some improvising to get the canister filter off, but I finally managed. The hardest part was cleaning the pan. 2 cans of Brakleen later...

And then this.
I love that sound.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #24927
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

I sanded It down to bare metal finally (don't have picture of that) and primed / painted it. Now it'll match the new double cardan going in up front
image-3598106964.jpg

image-192671457.jpg

image-3272213917.jpg

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #24928
dave1998ZJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
I love that sound.
Maybe you'll like this one too, happens a few mins after I shut the car off. Blend door issue, I'm guessing.

dave1998ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #24929
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1998ZJ

Maybe you'll like this one too, happens a few mins after I shut the car off. Blend door issue, I'm guessing.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPtTBxBTCSE
Yea that's a good one. Damn that's loud. Mine does the same just not for that long and loud. You should start a "check out this noise" thread.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #24930
PHAL23

Filled up my coolant overflow tank....it was empty yet again...about the 4th time I've filled it up in the past 3 months....no leak anywhere though...I've scanned the whole engine for spots....gettin a bit worried
PHAL23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.