Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#33,147 ·
Changed out u joint on my front driveshaft and then tried to get my front diff yoke off to replace pinion seal but it wouldn't budge. Phoned a local dude and scheduled it in for next week. Going to talk re-gearing and putting a locker in the Dana 35 while there.

Changed spark plugs and did some engine wiring inspection. I found some serious rub areas that were through the loom. Loom was so brittle in areas that it just disintegrated when touched. Took it all out, inspected, re-loomed, taped, and re-installed.

It even started up after all of that. Lol.

Attachments

#33,148 ·
Changed out u joint on my front driveshaft and then tried to get my front diff yoke off to replace pinion seal but it wouldn't budge. Phoned a local dude and scheduled it in for next week. Going to talk re-gearing and putting a locker in the Dana 35 while there.

Changed spark plugs and did some engine wiring inspection. I found some serious rub areas that were through the loom. Loom was so brittle in areas that it just disintegrated when touched. Took it all out, inspected, re-loomed, taped, and re-installed.

It even started up after all of that. Lol.
About that pinion yoke... When I had mine in the shop at 4 Wheelers Supply (legendary Jeep shop here in Phoenix) they used a big impact gun and hammered on it about a minute before it loosened up. Then they took a big fat punch and stuck the tip inside the seal then got a big fat hammer and pounded on the side of the butt of it a few times. A bit scary to watch this done, but that's how it came out.

#33,149 ·
Finished wiring up my Aux. dash switches(Lockers, LED bars, OBA) and Relay box for some future upgrades, wired up my new rear E-Locker, and did all the hard work of drilling and getting ready to install a new KOR Clayton/belly skid. Tomorrow, I'll prep and paint the skid and take a look at a small transfer case leak I noticed, before I install it. Whew, drilling through the skid plate and frame stiffeners was definitely a Pain in the neck, I'm glad the hard work is done!

#33,150 ·
About that pinion yoke... When I had mine in the shop at 4 Wheelers Supply (legendary Jeep shop here in Phoenix) they used a big impact gun and hammered on it about a minute before it loosened up. Then they took a big fat punch and stuck the tip inside the seal then got a big fat hammer and pounded on the side of the butt of it a few times. A bit scary to watch this done, but that's how it came out.
Yeah I thought it wasn't much point in me hurting myself, or busting something, so to the shop it goes. The vehicle has 319,000 kms on it, so I am just going to get the leak stopped and then it's rebuild planning for the diffs.

#33,151 ·
Fixed my broken rear driver door lock actuator with one from the junk yard (2004) Now it's quite when locking/unlocking the door via the drivers door switch.
Also got a complete seat of leather seats and installed the rears since they don't have electrical connections.

Hated the previous shop that did maintenance, rounded one of the lug nuts on the passenger front. Can't even take out the wheel to replace the cv axle due to a torn cv boot.
Those guys love to torque it with their impact. Hopely the bolt extractor from Lowes will be able to take it out that stubborn lug nut.

#33,152 ·
Noticed driver side brake light goes out ONLY when the lights are on...with lights off it works just fine.

#33,156 ·
^The circuit boards in our tail lights are notorious for crappping out...
I figured. Can I just replace the circuit board or should I just shell out for the led tails I've been wanting.

#33,157 ·
Bought new bulbs to replace my non-operational reverse/backup lights. Pulled the housing and sockets only to discover that both bulbs are still good and there is no fuse to replace!? Researching in another thread dedicated to this problem that may be the TRS. It seems it's rarely a simple fix nowadays :brickwall

#33,159 ·
Tranny fluid and filter changed, plus installed the TransGo shift kit. This was on a 545rfe at 134k. Definitely noticed smoother shifts, but also quicker and more "assertive." Have not yet wired in the resistor included to increase fluid pressure and I desperately need a TPS so I'm sure my results will be even better after that.