What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1658 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #24856
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Pics as promised
Clear matte plasti dip over chrome grill surround. Turned out well, gave it a nice satin finish. I think the finish would've been a little better if it wasn't so windy out.

Unread 09-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #24857
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Pics as promised
Clear matte plasti dip over chrome grill surround. Turned out well, gave it a nice satin finish. I think the finish would've been a little better if it wasn't so windy out.

Looks way good you did a great job
UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #24858
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post

Looks way good you did a great job
Thanks
Unread 09-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #24859
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Drooled at this>>>

http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?fi...&engine_fuel=1

email sent,,,, asked seller all the crusial questions about rust and paint/body damages that not shows in pics, and might be a deal/no deal breaker.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #24860
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Got the wire harness for my rack lights started and light switches in. LED's in the front footwells. Too tired to do anything more.

Good thing is I"m not having coughing fits anymore, although still no voice. Hydrocodone in cherry flavour. mmmmmm...

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #24861
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I spent a little over 6 hours on the road driving to North Carolina to check out a Limited that looked and was advertised as immaculate on Craigslist. We got there and it didn't even look like it was the same color, though it could have been because it was overcast... Never the lest, there were dents, dings, scratches, a rusty looking corroded wheel, bald tires, etc. I drove it and it wasn't bad to drive, and the V8 had some balls behind it--but we were more disappointed than anything that it wasn't like it was advertised. The car was for my girlfriend anyway, so we walked away.

Today, we bought her a 2004 Grand Cherokee from a friends dealership locally. It has a few cosmetic issues of its own, but we got it out the door for $5k, and I thought we did alright. I don't think we stole it, by any means, but it seemed to be a good deal. What do you guys think? I'll be frequenting the WJ forum more often as I try to deal with new Jeep issues other than TJ issues.

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #24862
WoodsStalker
2004 WJ 

I cannot post pictures, yet I just took some good ones...

Today I started my day by taking my wife to work in the WJ, went to Napa, and dropped ~200 US on Marine Clean, Metal Prep, POR-15 and Top Coat.
Drove thru the Robo-Wash, gave her a good air dry, then "flexed" my 2004 by putting the 8" ramps up on concrete blocks, and proceeded to apply the new purchases. Over the course of the day, front on the block/ramp rear on the block/ramp combo, RF on ramp with LR on ramp and then LF on ramp with RR on ramp. I stink, I am covered with toxic sh*t. I have beaten the rust monster back another day. I finished my day taking pictures of "her" on the last set of ramps. I wish I could post the last set of pictures I took, looking into the setting sun at the 1500' driveway that is the way home (working up top on the level is much nicer, and have power!) "over the river and thru the woods, to grandmothers house we go" is the best way to describe what I (we) do to this vehicle. 1500' linear, 90' grade change. 800' feet of open field with drifts that pi$$ me off, as I have to back up, and clear the hood, so I can see where I am! I am not giving up my 3rd Cherokee, 2nd Grand easily to the rust monster. What would I replace "her" with? A snow cat? Sled dogs? Do they have heated seats? Mirrors that defrost themselves? The ability to make the better part of 70 MPH in 600'? Tomorrow I think I will just sit in "her" for a while, and "JAM"... 'cus I am one tired puppy!
WoodsStalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #24863
rloew275
2001 WJ 

Yanked my front driveshaft today on my 01 with the 4.0. It has a cv joint at the tcase end and a ujoint on the diff end. Started getting a bad vibration after my 2 inch lift and found the culprit

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-3975003170.jpg

image-3556894188.jpg

rloew275 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #24864
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Today, we bought her a 2004 Grand Cherokee from a friends dealership locally. It has a few cosmetic issues of its own, but we got it out the door for $5k, and I thought we did alright. I don't think we stole it, by any means, but it seemed to be a good deal. What do you guys think? I'll be frequenting the WJ forum more often as I try to deal with new Jeep issues other than TJ issues.
What engine? 4x4 I imagine how many miles? I too own a TJ and added a WJ to the mix. picked up a 2004 WJ 4.7HO Quadra Drive with 101k miles for $4500 so $5k sounds reasonable to me.

OT I'm working on getting the Clayton 6" lift installed.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #24865
mdrum93

2004 WJ 

Got my tow hooks mounted today. I need to trim the bumper just a hair so that the bumper can sit where it normally sits, its pulled down about 1/2 a centimeter. Not really noticeable but it is to me haha. I'll post a write up sometime of the brackets i made. These things will rip the front of the jeep off before the bend or break lol
image-1778398656.jpg

image-1125106028.jpg

image-2105399928.jpg

For Sale: Rear D44a open for WJ
mdrum93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #24866
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Drooled at this>>> http://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?fi...&engine_fuel=1 email sent,,,, asked seller all the crusial questions about rust and paint/body damages that not shows in pics, and might be a deal/no deal breaker.
Thomas, I am drooling over THAT one. I hope you get back a good report. That is a sharp-looking vehicle.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #24867
4x4Jeep
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
What engine? 4x4 I imagine how many miles? I too own a TJ and added a WJ to the mix. picked up a 2004 WJ 4.7HO Quadra Drive with 101k miles for $4500 so $5k sounds reasonable to me.

OT I'm working on getting the Clayton 6" lift on.
ooh another local WJ. what are you live in?
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #24868
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

I added a new sticker to it and then wheeled her with a great group of guys

image-1381360038.jpg

image-513640329.jpg

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #24869
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post

OT I'm working on getting the Clayton 6" lift on.
Kind of bummed now.. lol! It's the 4.0L Selec-Trac Laredo. The Limited had all the creature comforts that I wanted her to have but I was just too pissed off that the Jeep didn't look like it did in the ad to care, and she didn't want it either as a result of that. This one has some issues, and I thought we got a pretty reasonable price for it, but you got a far better deal it sounds like.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #24870
north50
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Jeep View Post
ooh another local WJ. what are you live in?
SWFL - Ft. Myers area. might have to make a trip up to wheel with the mid-florida club looked like a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Kind of bummed now.. lol! It's the 4.0L Selec-Trac Laredo. The Limited had all the creature comforts that I wanted her to have but I was just too pissed off that the Jeep didn't look like it did in the ad to care, and she didn't want it either as a result of that. This one has some issues, and I thought we got a pretty reasonable price for it, but you got a far better deal it sounds like.
There used cars so things come up, mine was not without issues itself. I had the transmission go into limp mode after a month of owning it and had to buy a new solenoid pack for the trans and install it. That was after having it leave me stuck at work because it wouldn't start. It had an aftermarket alarm that was messing with the SKIM. Removed the junk Viper alarm and no more issues. I'm sure once you get yours sorted it will be a great Jeep and I think you did fine buying it.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.