Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#33,109 ·
I'm looking at Zone extended front and rear sway bar end links, any reviews from anyone?
I have the Front and Rear Zone Extended End Links. I love them. They have a taper which reduces bushing bind. I experimented a little and with my 2.75"F/1.75" spring lift, I like the angles of the sway bar best with OEM front end links and Zone 3"-4" lift rear end links.

Edit: Here is a quote from my build thread discussing the front:

Small update - Recently I've felt the WJ had a little sway to it when cornering, almost as if it was tucking in to the turn. This was most noticeable at higher speeds when following a bend in the road. I had originally installed the Zone sway bar end links when I installed the OME HD lift. After a talking to billzcat1 a while back and finding that ideally, you want the sway bar to sit at 0°, I decided I would switch back to the OEM end links.

Here's the angle I had with the Zone end links:

And here's one with the OEM links:

I realize the 'after' picture means nothing without a level on it. I will try to swap that picture out with a better one when I can get back into my garage (borrowed floor space)! Either way, perhaps I'm working with the placebo affect but I feel like it follows curves at higher speeds a bit better.

#33,111 ·
New platinum spark plugs, PCV valve, oil change with AMSoil Signature synthetic, and threw on a K&N FIPK air intake.

Next up, FINALLY starting on the parts for a lift. Had to head gaskets, found afterwards a head was cracked, and then I had to do it all over again plus reman the heads. That REALLY set me back financially...

#33,115 ·
I have a family member that works at the army ammunition plant. He gets ammo cans usually, only comes across these every now and then.
When I lived in Dayton the was a place called Mendlesons that was a huge old warehouse and is a liquidation outlet. They always had this when you first walked in.

Also they have everything in there.

#33,116 ·
I have the Front and Rear Zone Extended End Links. I love them. They have a taper which reduces bushing bind. I experimented a little and with my 2.75"F/1.75" spring lift, I like the angles of the sway bar best with OEM front end links and Zone 3"-4" lift rear end links.

Edit: Here is a quote from my build thread discussing the front:
You used your stock links at 3" of lift?

#33,117 ·
The rear definitely needs extended/spaced/etc. - whatever you choose. The front isn't necessary. In my build thread quote, you'll notice that a 'perfect' sway bar setup would be at 0°. Unfortunately, at 0°, we risk hitting the sway bar with our tires. A compromise then occurs. The 'best' situation would be to position your sway bar as close to 0° as possible without introducing tire contact.

With the Zone extended front sway bar end links, you'll notice that I was at almost a 45° angle. Switching back to stock brought me down to maybe a 25° angle - closer to that perfect 0°. I still haven't measured it but since I'll be in the garage this weekend, I'll throw the angle finder on the sway bar so we have a more accurate number to work with.

Heck, if I had a second set of OEM end links, I'd be willing to chop another inch or two out, if only for experimental purposes.

#33,118 ·
Not the best pictures but you can kind of see how close to flat (0°) my rear sway bar sits with the Zone extended rear end links...

#33,120 ·
The rear definitely needs extended/spaced/etc. - whatever you choose. The front isn't necessary. In my build thread quote, you'll notice that a 'perfect' sway bar setup would be at 0°. Unfortunately, at 0°, we risk hitting the sway bar with our tires. A compromise then occurs. The 'best' situation would be to position your sway bar as close to 0° as possible without introducing tire contact.

With the Zone extended front sway bar end links, you'll notice that I was at almost a 45° angle. Switching back to stock brought me down to maybe a 25° angle - closer to that perfect 0°. I still haven't measured it but since I'll be in the garage this weekend, I'll throw the angle finder on the sway bar so we have a more accurate number to work with.

Heck, if I had a second set of OEM end links, I'd be willing to chop another inch or two out, if only for experimental purposes.
What are you guys basing the 0 degree "Perfect angle" on?

I don't know what factory is now, because it's been so long since mine has been stock but.... I followed the info that came with my JKS Disco's and it says "Perfect" is around 30 degrees :confused: Here is a link, check step #4

http://4x4media.info/instructions/jks/JKS3104.pdf