Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#33,082 ·
Rear upper A-arm. Wasn't that bad but I didn't check the brake lines(routed behind) and had to do it twice..

Replaced transmission crossmember(rusted out).

Got started replacing the front CV axles. After being bloodied, Burned, Broke 2 socket wrenches, Broke 3 sockets, and maybe a finger i got the bastard out.

One of the 18mm bolts stripped out. A 11/16 socket fit after being hammered a bit. While turning the socket broke(hammering it didn't help).. I ended up hammering a 17mm socket on there with a 3lb sledge and after heating it and cooling it a few times broke it loose... then it stripped again. Hammered another 17mm socket on there and got lucky.

The whole time I had this running fantasy of pouring gas all over the WJ and setting it ablaze.. I resisted.

#33,083 ·
New tweeters installed today. kept it simple, just cut the factory wires from the Infinity and crimped the spade connectors on there. They were a direct fit and required no modification at all
I have the same pants AND the same Gerber tool. Hooah.

#33,088 ·
I will say a Gerber can come in handy for anything, lol
I've two Gerber Suspension Multitools. One stays with my hunting gear and the other I wear on my belt when in uniform. Super handy. Not sure what series, but our OTIS weapons cleaning kit comes with a Gerber. Coolest thing I've been issued...well that I get to keep with me anyway, ha.

#33,089 ·
I've two Gerber Suspension Multitools. One stays with my hunting gear and the other I wear on my belt when in uniform. Super handy. Not sure what series, but our OTIS weapons cleaning kit comes with a Gerber. Coolest thing I've been issued...well that I get to keep with me anyway, ha.
The Gerber Suspensions are a nice, general purpose multi-tool, however for something a little more specialized I'm a sucker for my Leatherman MUT :D

#33,090 ·
The Gerber Suspensions are a nice, general purpose multi-tool, however for something a little more specialized I'm a sucker for my Leatherman MUT :D
The Gerber that comes with the OTIS kit should be an MP600 I believe. I have an MP600, and a MUT (plus about 8 other Leatherman and Victorionx MT's), and they come in really handy.

#33,100 ·
Ordered more parts... A 2.5"/2" BB from eBay, a Mopar rear ball joint with plate, rear upper control arm with bushings, and waiting for word back from Kolak about isolators and steering stabilizer. Hopefully I'll get what I need by next Friday and next weekend I'll be lifting my Jeep.
I'm looking at Zone extended front and rear sway bar end links, any reviews from anyone? I might make my own with some tine pins for the front so I could disconnect. Lots of options here...