Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#32,921 ·

Attachments

#32,922 ·

Attachments

#32,931 ·
Just getting started on getting the ol jeep to a good running and safe baseline. Replaced all the wiper blades and the lift gate struts. Time for some new window moldings for the doors. Also looking into new wheels and tires. need to get some time and money and freshen up the front end suspension components. Don't like the wandering and floating front end.

#32,936 ·
This is what I did today..... in 35 deg rain. Now need to find out way it won't go back up :(
Sounds like the cable on the window regulator broke, just changed both back ones about 3 months ago
Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago; the anchor for the cable probably failed. If you can hear stuff flailing around in there, that's probably it.

Replaced mine with a $30 replacement from pocketlogger. We aware, it can be a two man job, and the cable will likely need to be unwound from inside the motor asssembly. Here's the video on the install; (DON'T just rip off the moisture barrier like they did though, unless you're replacing it). You'll probably want to pick up door clips as well, as a few will break.

The alternative is a more expensive, complete regulator. The dealership quoted me around $200 for it, but it was in stock.