What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1645 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #24661
Mav-Jason
that one dude

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCussFreq View Post
Finally got some Jeep-fixin' weather here in TX! First day with a sub-90 high in months, took the opportunity to get started on replacing the front passenger ball joints, and both front calipers and rotors... Got the hub off and axle shaft out, then got stuck on the ball joint removal when I found out I need a 1 1/8" socket for the lower castle nut, so I finished up the driver's side caliper while waiting for a friend with the socket. No, I don't have a big *** crescent wrench, either ... So far so good though, I'll shove the axle shaft back in for now so it doesn't collect too much dirt, should get it finished up and brakes bled tomorrow.

Got the taillights swapped out about 2 weeks ago, and finally got my Kolak exhaust (Flowmaster 50 SUV) welded on last weekend. Sounds AWESOME now!

Here's a pic from last weekend:

Still need to do something about that third brakelight, maybe just some plastidip shade to black it out a bit...

VERY NICE MAN!!!

That's the stance I'm goin for as well, looks great.

Black '99 WJ 4.0 Selec-Trac~ OME MDs w/ .75" Spacers, Bilseins, JKS ADJ. TB,
Moog SS, Moog HD TREs/ Sleeves, Ext Rear Links, 16x8 Ion Alloys, 32" BFG Wrangler Authorities
Mav-Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #24662
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
That's because they were replaced with and electric fan that replaced it. If you have the tow package you might have both, but I've only ever found the two on the 4.7's at the wreckers so far. Never on a 4.0L. As well it's been posted here that gas mileage will suffer with it added. Why do you need to add it? The electric one not working properly?
My 4.0 came factory with both....
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #24663
a77ferrel77
1999 WJ 

Replace both CV axle shafts due to torn boots. Funny how its only 20$ more to replace the whole shaft rather just the boots, after you turn in the core charge at napa.
a77ferrel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #24664
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcricket View Post

My 4.0 came factory with both....
Well I find it weird that after a year its just now starting to give me problems.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #24665
theksmith
2003 WJ 

yesterday - replaced the alternator, had a spare in the jeep so went quick.
today - i just got back from a night run, had a great time!
tomorrow - time to change the diff fluid, thank you oh great Jeep gods for putting drain plugs on the JK axles!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #24666
Trxgedy

Well im kind of really pissed off... putting in the switch was simple, took all of 5 min. Only to discover that my wipers still dont work! The spray works both front and rear, but none of the blades move. Now what? I replaced the wiper motor and the linkage its hooked up to, and now my switch, both front and rear wipers dont work...

Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #24667
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy
Well im kind of really pissed off... putting in the switch was simple, took all of 5 min. Only to discover that my wipers still dont work! The spray works both front and rear, but none of the blades move. Now what? I replaced the wiper motor and the linkage its hooked up to, and now my switch, both front and rear wipers dont work...
Fuse under dash C1 (20A) is for wipers, Also there Are 2 relay in engine compartment fuse box, one for hi/low and one for on/off (32/33)

http://www.wjjeeps.com/misc/power_dist_ctr_02.jpg

Checked them out yet?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #24668
Trxgedy

How do I check the relays? I know the fuses are good, bu you can just look at the relay and see like a fuse

So I noticed they all have the same numbers on them so I took 2 I knew worked starter and o2 sensor and swapped them in place of the 2 wiper relays, and they still dont work.
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #24669
BigAl63
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post
Nice looking dub, mines exactly the same, color and rims, everything.
Thank you!
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #24670
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
How do I check the relays? I know the fuses are good, bu you can just look at the relay and see like a fuse

So I noticed they all have the same numbers on them so I took 2 I knew worked starter and o2 sensor and swapped them in place of the 2 wiper relays, and they still dont work.
energize the coil with a batt (fuse the power lead, 20A will be fine) and listen to see if the switch side closes. Google search for a "relay pin out"
IRC the coil pins are usually 85,86.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #24671
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post

energize the coil with a batt (fuse the power lead, 20A will be fine) and listen to see if the switch side closes. Google search for a "relay pin out"
IRC the coil pins are usually 85,86.
I watched a few videos and read some things, but in more then one they said you can swap another relay to check. I swapped the starter and o2 sensor relays (since my car starts fine and the o2 sensor works) in the wiper relays, and still a no go.
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #24672
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy
I watched a few videos and read some things, but in more then one they said you can swap another relay to check. I swapped the starter and o2 sensor relays (since my car starts fine and the o2 sensor works) in the wiper relays, and still a no go.
Check curcuit breaker C1 under dash,,,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #24673
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post

Ill have to take the das apart for that so ill check that later. I hav to ge some sleep I work 7pm-7am. Came home hoping to get this done. But ill do it when I wake up before work
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #24674
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Than go straight to the motor and check for power, and work backwards.

Pin 5 on the harness should be a BR/WT wire and should have power with wipers on LO. Pin 6 RD/YL wire should have power with wipers on HI.

If not than back up to the control side of the relay, and investigate what controls the coil side of the relay, make sure one side of coil goes to ground and other side goes hi.

Unread 09-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #24675
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
C1 is a connector indicator.......... (BCM connector)

BUT the breaker you speak of is within the "junction block" and can be tested for power at pin 9 of "C2" which is the junction block connector.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.