What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1639 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #24571
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post
LOL

I was on my way to get boxes. I've got a lot of WJ/ZJ parts in my garage I need to sell and clear out.

Ohhh, I'm so irritated.....I hit 123456 on my '04 WJ a few days ago and completely forgot on my way home from work to get a pic of it.

I got to 123459 and said "OH HELL I FORGOT!" out loud....I'm at 1236-something now. The one damned time I could do this and completely forgot...

JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #24572
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Went to a pick and pull today to look for a driver side seat for my '00 WJ so I can feel safer with my son driving it.

Found out that if I want a new(ish) driver side seat for this same WJ, that I'm probably going to have to shell out the $$$ for a new one. On my seat, the rail AND the back of the seat are both broken and I'm having to fold down the driver side rear seat and put a 4x4 block of wood underneath the pivot point of the back of the seat to keep it anywhere near where it's supposed to be......Luckily for me it's not being driven right now, I'm about to get the radiator fan motor replaced. I'm also going to have to get tires put on it b/c I'm a cheap son of a gun and can't get it inspected with the tires as they are...oh and right before I parked 'er the A/C condenser sprung a leak but my boy is probably going to have to pay for that himself if he wants A/C in it.

For my newer '04 I just bought a few weeks ago, spent nearly an hour trying to find the vacuum leak it has....Can't find it myself, so I'm taking it to the shop for a smoke test this weekend to get to the bottom of this P1494 code I'm getting. I'm starting to see the acronym in the J.E.E.P name....But hey, I love my WJs..
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #24573
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

New front upper control arm bushings
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #24574
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post
New front upper control arm bushings
How did it go? Did you have to cut the metal sleeve to get them out or were you able to press them completely out?
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #24575
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat View Post
How did it go? Did you have to cut the metal sleeve to get them out or were you able to press them completely out?
It went very well. The trick I learned is to hammer the outer metal part into the rubber as much as you can. This will give the press a wider lip to press against. After I learned that, it took all of 10 min to press out the old and press in the new.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #24576
aralph30
2003 WJ 

anyone know where i can get tow hooks for the front of my 2003 jeep grand cherokee that and i wanna buy spacers as well but dont want to get killed any ideas of what a good price and brand ?
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #24577
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30
anyone know where i can get tow hooks for the front of my 2003 jeep grand cherokee that and i wanna buy spacers as well but dont want to get killed any ideas of what a good price and brand ?
Aspencreekoffroad dot com

They sell d ring mounts for 150 I think. It's what I have and they are really solid. Definitely recommend. And d rings are better than hooks in my opinion.

For spacers, im assuming you mean coil spacers? the best price I found was fat bobs garage. Have had them for about a year, still perfect.

EDIT: these are on the classifieds if you're wanting to go cheaper. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f311/...hooks-1595209/
but like I said; D rings > hooks

EDIT #2: Another pair on classifieds http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f311/...ckets-1573654/
doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #24578
zephyr80
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNowski View Post
Went to a pick and pull today to look for a driver side seat for my '00 WJ so I can feel safer with my son driving it.

Found out that if I want a new(ish) driver side seat for this same WJ, that I'm probably going to have to shell out the $$$ for a new one. On my seat, the rail AND the back of the seat are both broken and I'm having to fold down the driver side rear seat and put a 4x4 block of wood underneath the pivot point of the back of the seat to keep it anywhere near where it's supposed to be......Luckily for me it's not being driven right now, I'm about to get the radiator fan motor replaced. I'm also going to have to get tires put on it b/c I'm a cheap son of a gun and can't get it inspected with the tires as they are...oh and right before I parked 'er the A/C condenser sprung a leak but my boy is probably going to have to pay for that himself if he wants A/C in it.

For my newer '04 I just bought a few weeks ago, spent nearly an hour trying to find the vacuum leak it has....Can't find it myself, so I'm taking it to the shop for a smoke test this weekend to get to the bottom of this P1494 code I'm getting. I'm starting to see the acronym in the J.E.E.P name....But hey, I love my WJs..
Where do you live, cause i could weld it up for you and have your seat back in place in less than an hour

Sent from your back seat!!!
zephyr80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #24579
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
I bought mine for $35.00 on fleabay. If you get factory ones make sure each has 3 bolts, the mounting plate (one for each hook), and the nutserts (one for each hook) I had to buy the nutserts at the dealer for another $12 each.
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #24580
brouwmat
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ View Post

It went very well. The trick I learned is to hammer the outer metal part into the rubber as much as you can. This will give the press a wider lip to press against. After I learned that, it took all of 10 min to press out the old and press in the new.
Are you talking about the metal flange?
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #24581
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Ordered wheel spacers so my rubi take-offs don't rub on my engine skid at full lock. Looking forward to them rubbing on the front bumper instead.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #24582
NU_WJ

Installed IRO budget rock sliders and IRO t-case skid. Finally dressed for the trails.
NU_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #24583
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU_WJ
Installed IRO budget rock sliders and IRO t-case skid. Finally dressed for the trails.
Thumbs up on the budget sliders. Hardly budget, right?
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #24584
Islanders22
2001 WJ 

Picked up some jk rims and bf Goodrich mud terrains.. 32"
image.jpg  
Islanders22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #24585
BigDaveWJ
2000 WJ 

I just replaced the fuel filter/ Pressure regulator. The Jeep definitely has more pull, we will see about milage.
BigDaveWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.