Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#3,245 ·
Fedex delivered my KOR light bar :)
Oh my gawwwwwd. I'm so jealous right now grrrr.... pictures are mandatory once its installed, I want one sooo bad... Hey, can the wiring run inside the bar?

#3,246 ·
Got the 44a, RC quick disco's, new rear pads, rotors, and calipers all installed. Also had time to paint the calipers so they dont rust as new ones tend to do so quickly. Only things left are to extend my breather tubes, make sure my front caster/ pinion angle is acceptable, tighten down the ca's, align it, change the fluid in the diffs, put on the 44a rock guard, and finally hook up a scanner and bleed the brakes.

After this is done i still have to put the other axles in the limited, and the put the new motor into it. If my daughter doesnt get here on her own i have untill next wed to finish this all. If not then the doc is gonna induce her. :D

#3,249 ·
Hey man sounds sweet, I've got a daystar lift sitting in my closet, going to install it this weekend and run it for a while before I can afford my BDS coils. When we did the kit on my friend's WK it definitely quieted down the suspension big time. I'm interested on how it'll ride on a WJ. You're going to want Bilstein 5100s, I talked to Kolak and he said the Bilstein HDs are for stock height vehicles.
Thanks for the info on the Bilsteins, Compcrasher. If you are going to do your BB, just make sure the end of the coils go back in the isolators just the way they were before you remove them. I used white-out or crayon to make 2 or 3 marks top and bottom so the coils went back in the same position. If you have spring compressor tool will make your job a lot easier. I did front and rear spacers on my driveway (with my air gun) in 3 hours from start to end, but the spring compressors are a must. The front axle doesn't go down far enough to re-install the spring with the 2" spacer plus the original Isolator. The rear axle can be push down one side at a time, but still was easier to compress the springs rather than fight them to go back in. Good luck:cheers2:

#3,252 ·
got my blue l.e.d. license plate bulbs today from v-leds ...they look great much brighter than the stock bulbs
also i took apart the housing and made my own reflector out of aluminum foil so the l.e.ds reflect more in the housing

heres the before shots with no aluminum foil

and after BIG! difference!

more in my build

#3,254 ·
Jerzeyboywj can you send me the link of which ones you got from v-leds? im going to have to do this mod!

got my blue l.e.d. license plate bulbs today from v-leds ...they look great much brighter than the stock bulbs
also i took apart the housing and made my own reflector out of aluminum foil so the l.e.ds reflect more in the housing

heres the before shots with no aluminum foil

and after BIG! difference!

more in my build

#3,256 ·
#3,259 ·
Oh my gawwwwwd. I'm so jealous right now grrrr.... pictures are mandatory once its installed, I want one sooo bad... Hey, can the wiring run inside the bar?
no, can't run inside. not sure if i want to mount it directly over the sunroof, or right behind it. but i still need to buy lights first. if money's the problem you should do the layaway as i did.

#3,260 ·
no, can't run inside. not sure if i want to mount it directly over the sunroof, or right behind it. but i still need to buy lights first. if money's the problem you should do the layaway as i did.
You can get 4 KC Daylighters at a place like PEP boys for about 100 a pair. There are also a variety of 'knock offs' that look/function very similar at wallymart for a fraction of the cost. Harbor Freight also sells some cheap ones.

You could always upgrade later.