What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1620 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #24286
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220
post some pics so we can have a look.
rims and tires

image-2618957589.jpg

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #24287
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220
post some pics so we can have a look.
2nd
image-2731032570.jpg

Unread 09-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #24288
Locutus
1999 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
2nd
do you have 5 of those? if so, how much?
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #24289
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Got more parts pulled of the wreck today,
Exhaust, JKS trackbar, front swaybar with JKS QD, AC radiator and radiator, battery tray, coolant expantion tank, cruise control unit, AC compresor, purge solenoid, air intake and filter box, master brake unit, Steering fluid cooler, and disconected all wires/plugs to separated harness from engine,,,,,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #24290
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus
do you have 5 of those? if so, how much?
I have 4 pm me
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #24291
brouwmat

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgohsman
Well, not today but Sunday. My differential is going (gone) bad in the front. So I found a used front axle assembly with a good differential. Spent most of Sunday fighting the ball joints. Those things were IN THERE. Only one came out with the actual ball joint press. I bent my Craftsman breaker bar (using a 4' pipe on it) trying to press out the others. Ended up just taking an angle grinder, cutting them off and grinding the surface flat, perforating what was left with a drill and then beating it up with a cold chisel.

The next step will be to permanently repair the rusted coil spring perches. Turns out that mine don't look any better. Thanks Michigan Winters! Hoping to fabricate and weld up new ones this weekend. Will probably spend a couple of evenings removing rust and prepping the surface for sealing and painting. I have new ball joints, am going to replace the pinion and axle seals and put new coil spring insulators on. I don't want to ever have to do this again. lol
I used DOM tubing and a large washer to reconstruct my spring perches. Otherwise, I noticed that IRO now has new perches for the WJ (they still need to be welded on). They didn't have these back when I needed them.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW

Not too bad for $30. I think I paid $15-20 for the materials alone and this one is half done.. Just cut off the old ones and weld on the new.
brouwmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #24292
steveandhiswj
2002 WJ 

Woke up to find a package at the door ended up being the new steering stabilizer still wait for the lift though

image-672407630.jpg
steveandhiswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #24293
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgohsman View Post
Well, not today but Sunday. My differential is going (gone) bad in the front. So I found a used front axle assembly with a good differential. Spent most of Sunday fighting the ball joints. Those things were IN THERE. Only one came out with the actual ball joint press. I bent my Craftsman breaker bar (using a 4' pipe on it) trying to press out the others. Ended up just taking an angle grinder, cutting them off and grinding the surface flat, perforating what was left with a drill and then beating it up with a cold chisel.

The next step will be to permanently repair the rusted coil spring perches. Turns out that mine don't look any better. Thanks Michigan Winters! Hoping to fabricate and weld up new ones this weekend. Will probably spend a couple of evenings removing rust and prepping the surface for sealing and painting. I have new ball joints, am going to replace the pinion and axle seals and put new coil spring insulators on. I don't want to ever have to do this again. lol
Its amazing what you can find at the bottom of the sea if you look! Thats quite serious "golden body lightener"!
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #24294
flightmedic238
2003 WJ 

Took care of my evap codes cracked lines by the fuel filter. So far no codes.

image-3991540874.jpg
flightmedic238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #24295
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brouwmat View Post
I used DOM tubing and a large washer to reconstruct my spring perches. Otherwise, I noticed that IRO now has new perches for the WJ (they still need to be welded on). They didn't have these back when I needed them.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFW

Not too bad for $30. I think I paid $15-20 for the materials alone and this one is half done.. Just cut off the old ones and weld on the new.
That's good to know! Thanks!
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #24296
Jaketit
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmedic238
Took care of my evap codes cracked lines by the fuel filter. So far no codes.
I've checked those lines and took the bumper off so many times I forgot, still to no avail. P04456 P 0044. I've been driving with that light on for awhile now. I figured I'd check the codes again the other day, now I have the clockspring code. Just piling them on.
Jaketit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #24297
bgohsman
1999 WJ 

O.k., spent several hours removing grease, dirt and crud. There turned out to be a nice looking axle assembly under all of it. Factory paint and stickers were even still there. Took a wire brush attachment on a drill and cleaned off all of the loose rust and crud on the ends. After that, the coil spring perches were the only areas that still looked horrific. De-greased the whole thing and coated it with Eastwood's rust encapsulator. After I weld new perches on, I'll paint the entire thing with Eastwood's chassis black and install the new ball joints. While it's out, I'm also going to change the pinion and axle seals. I have no intention of taking this apart again. lol
img_1535.jpg

img_1536.jpg

img_1538.jpg

img_1541.jpg

Unread 09-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #24298
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Ordered a Heater core and a EVAP core.

Now I'm just debating how much to do while I have the dash out. The blower quit working and I'm not sure the exact root of the problem. If I purchase a blower motor from rock auto would I also need to purchase the resistor so I don't have the melting plastic connector again or does it come with the blower motor?

I'm also going to do the blend air doors but I want to make sure I'm getting the right kit with with the beefed bits. The pic with the brown doors is from rock auto and the pic with the white doors is from JC Whitney. Both are part number 902307, I believe. So which is the right one?!

#confused.
image-4090831321.jpg

image-1404241362.jpg

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #24299
kodiakwj
2003 WJ 

I posted the WJ for sale on Craigslist for $2900. Then I got a bunch of texts from people in Ohio and Minnesota telling me it was a surprise for there dad and to give them all my Paypal info so they could wire me the money. Decided to screw with them a bit. Surprised to find out that 3/4 of them were at sea and could only reply via text. Then they start asking what my profession was and I told them Federal Law Enforcement. No more texts after that.
kodiakwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #24300
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgohsman View Post
O.k., spent several hours removing grease, dirt and crud. There turned out to be a nice looking axle assembly under all of it. Factory paint and stickers were even still there. Took a wire brush attachment on a drill and cleaned off all of the loose rust and crud on the ends. After that, the coil spring perches were the only areas that still looked horrific. De-greased the whole thing and coated it with Eastwood's rust encapsulator. After I weld new perches on, I'll paint the entire thing with Eastwood's chassis black and install the new ball joints. While it's out, I'm also going to change the pinion and axle seals. I have no intention of taking this apart again. lol

Looks good.
PSA - It would be nice if people made an attempt while typing to discuss their problems or opinions instead of one long sentence with no punctuation. Maybe I'm cynical, but that really pisses me off. Rant over.

"It's like saying I had a car I got that was painted by the previous owner. I had an accident so painting a car is unsafe." - cykaaro
99WJ539918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.