What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1614 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 09-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #24196
bcvetter
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJLTD2001

Within the past couple weeks... kolak ome hd lift, ome 10mm spacers, jks track bar, moog ss, new isolators, bilstein 5100's and General Grabber at2's 255/70/17 put on today... about 3 and a quarter inches all the way around! Definitely happy with it.
Looks Good!

bcvetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #24197
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrugsBunny View Post
It has arrived, the 150k marker...it passed the point of no return just as I pulled into my driveway haha
You finally got 'er broken in!!

Had to get the numbers to figure mine out. Been wanting to do it for a while.

041638km on new engine.
442266km total on jeep.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #24198
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
After driving around a bunch today I realized I really dislike the fake chrome clad wheels. Now I'm on the hunt for some JK 17" takeoffs.
Are they the rogues? Love the style. Just not the chrome. Have a set I want to have refinished. obviously not in chrome.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #24199
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Didn't get to do ANY if the project I wanted. Been tied up trying to get this amp rack in.

imageuploadedbyag-free1378606687.105679.jpg

imageuploadedbyag-free1378606754.151013.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #24200
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
To do your axle seals, you'll also need to get bearings (as I imagine you don't have a press, and to get them on you need some good pipe, a decent hammer and some good aim) because you're gonna have to cut the old bearing and the bearing collar off the axle, I used a wizard and it worked fine. You should also drain the diff and replace the oil/gasket since you blew a seal, and in order to get the axle out you'll need a slide hammer. PM me if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help!
Thanks, that's why I've been putting it off. I would get them pressed on, just about to break down and pay someone else to sweat. I've been keeping the diff full since I've noticed the leak. Trying to keep it from going out, that's the last thing I need.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #24201
new2site
2002 WJ 

Replaced battery terminals....used "Merc1973"s idea..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ables-1144633/
battery-terminals-old.jpg   battery-terminals-new.jpg  
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #24202
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:

Replace your thermostat and fan relay and go from there
Appreciate it. Ill look ay that first.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #24203
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Thanks, that's why I've been putting it off. I would get them pressed on, just about to break down and pay someone else to sweat. I've been keeping the diff full since I've noticed the leak. Trying to keep it from going out, that's the last thing I need.

Keep an eye on it. Usually the seal leaks because of the bearing. I broke down and had mine done when I was working out of town. The metal wire on the caliper was actually rubbing on the hat of the rotor.

Unread 09-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #24204
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2site View Post
Replaced battery terminals....used "Merc1973"s idea..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...ables-1144633/
Had the 'econo power' sticker on the battery I got when I got the jeep. Died in less than a year. Strange it's over another sticker though, which what looks to be the edge of a Ford logo? As long as the connectors are done and it's giving you power

Unread 09-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #24205
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Are they the rogues? Love the style. Just not the chrome. Have a set I want to have refinished. obviously not in chrome.
Yeah the rogues. I like the style too, just the chrome is a little too "blingy" as the wife says lol. Thinking about trying the Dupli-Color wheel coating in graphite or silver.
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #24206
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytek View Post
Yeah the rogues. I like the style too, just the chrome is a little too "blingy" as the wife says lol. Thinking about trying the Dupli-Color wheel coating in graphite or silver.
I'm thinking of going to talk to these guys. Go a nice blue/black colour.
http://custompowdercoatings.ca/

Unread 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #24207
new2site
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Had the 'econo power' sticker on the battery I got when I got the jeep. Died in less than a year. Strange it's over another sticker though, which what looks to be the edge of a Ford logo? As long as the connectors are done and it's giving you power

Yeah...I meant to put masking tape over that so you guys wouldn't see that part... ... Actually "Econopower" is a branch of Interstate batteries..their refurb company...so I have some confidence in it...maybe yours was at the end of it's life when you got it.

Terminals look good though...right?
new2site is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #24208
BrugsBunny
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

It's not too hard to fix that leak if it's around the seal, all you need to do is pull the cover and scrape off the old gasket or sealant and put some gasket maker on it, I did on both my diffs and it works like a charm...and as far as the seals go, it's a bigger mental hurdle than it is a project haha it's really not as hard as it seems. But word of advice- replace both seals if you're gonna do it, chances are replacing one can cause the other to blow out.
BrugsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #24209
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I'm thinking of going to talk to these guys. Go a nice blue/black colour.
http://custompowdercoatings.ca/
Nice. How much is it to powder coat them?
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #24210
rickcricket
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

Bring it to the Lou. Did mine in an hour or so for each side. Bought a shop press off CL and makes things a breeze.
rickcricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.