What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1611 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 09-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #24151
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post

Good luck with that. Your in the wrong place if your not wanting to mod

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't think so. He will learn a ton from this site.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #24152
atinari
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lifted it 4.5"s. everything went well but my front drive shaft is too short and fell out. Anybody know what length will fit? I have a 242 transfer case also.
image-48437172.jpg

image-978534189.jpg

atinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #24153
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Do you hire out? :-)

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Got beer?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #24154
BrugsBunny
2001 WJ 

Pulled the front diff cover just to check on things as I'm getting into the last miles of being sub 150K, cleaned out the front axle tubes (the amount of gravel I blew out could repave a driveway) and turned my front rotors sanded the pads and greased the calipers/brackets so the damned things stop squeaking...successful day in my book.
BrugsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #24155
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post
Yeah that's bad bass man but I still got to black out the rims too mine are still silver
Mine used to be p'dipped but got in deep mud and rocks scratched it off. Really need to redo mine this weekend. Maybe we could have an Internet "paint your wheels black" party weekend lol

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #24156
BrugsBunny
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

Mine used to be p'dipped but got in deep mud and rocks scratched it off. Really need to redo mine this weekend. Maybe we could have an Internet "paint your wheels black" party weekend lol

I found that using a base coat if rim paint and a top coat of tractor and implement paint works better than pdip, I take gravel roads everywhere and I have no problems with my paint chipping and shoit.
BrugsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #24157
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
WOOWHO!! hopefully being sober isn't a pre-requisite! LOL

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #24158
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abposromcath View Post

Is is during idle? I'm dealing with that right now with my 4.0. Common causes seem to be faulty fan or fan relay. My fan was dead, replacing it tonight.
Yeah moatly during idle. Even going up hill with the ac doesn't put over about 210...let it idle with ac on for 5 minutes and no bueno.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #24159
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxgedy View Post
I delt with the same problem
What was your issue? What needed to be fixed or replaced?
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #24160
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post

What was your issue? What needed to be fixed or replaced?
I kept throwing a code for my fan sensor relay, replaced it a ton, fan worked but the sensor kept shorting. So I wired the fan to the fuse box so its always on. After a little research turns ont the fan motor goes bad and pulls too much power shorting out the relay. I have to replace my fan still but that is what was wrong with mine. On top of a blown head gasket. I ended up replacing the whole cooling system minus the fan still.
Trxgedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #24161
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:

I kept throwing a code for my fan sensor relay, replaced it a ton, fan worked but the sensor kept shorting. So I wired the fan to the fuse box so its always on. After a little research turns ont the fan motor goes bad and pulls too much power shorting out the relay. I have to replace my fan still but that is what was wrong with mine. On top of a blown head gasket. I ended up replacing the whole cooling system minus the fan still.
Yikes. I wouldn't even know where to start. So I'm assuming your check engine light was on. Mine hasn't come on yet.
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #24162
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
Mine used to be p'dipped but got in deep mud and rocks scratched it off. Really need to redo mine this weekend. Maybe we could have an Internet "paint your wheels black" party weekend lol Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
where r u at on Long Island
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #24163
Trxgedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post

Yikes. I wouldn't even know where to start. So I'm assuming your check engine light was on. Mine hasn't come on yet.
It came on at first then it stopped coming on
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #24164
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:

It came on at first then it stopped coming on
How much did you end up spending to fix it all?
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #24165
Trxgedy

Hopefully you dont go thru 4 radiators and a couple fan sensor relays. I spent 900 on the head gasket and waterpump. Autozone pricematches off the internet so I got my radiator for 90, um then thermostat and coolant temp sensor were whatever from advanced auto

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.