What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 161 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-06-2011, 02:36 AM   #2401
frets217
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Funny you guys should mention noisy boosters. When I press on the brakes there's an annoying squeak/chirp
Did you check for a squeaky dog toy wedged up there? That might be the problem
I tend to wave at all the other Jeeps on the road as well =) My girlfriend is always like "You don't know them" I tell her she's just jealous that she doesn't have one too.

on topic: went on a quick wheelin trip. sadly this is the only pic i got...
any excuse to post pics of the Jeep right?

04 WJ Laredo, 4.0l I6, SelecTrac.
-Uniden Pro520xl w/4ft firestick style antenna/ PA speaker.
frets217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #2402
Jeepn-n-tx
I went by Mike Honcho...

1981 CJ7 

The coupon deal is for any part(s) purchased on Advance Auto.com. If you're spending $150 then you get $25 off on down to like $15 off.... just depends on how much you buy. The deal is currently listed on their website, but I don't know how long it's going on, but check it out if you've got things to fix. I bought my booster online and drove over to pick it up for free at the store. (I called first just to make sure they had it though.)

Changing out the booster was a lot easier than I thought it would be. If you've got sqeaky/ squealy brakes, I HIGHLY recommend doing this. Trust me when I say that the quiet, smooth braking is WELL worth the $100. I'd never messed with my brakes before except for rotors and pads and this job only took me 30-45 min ... tops.

I'll post something of a write-up later today.....
Jeepn-n-tx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #2403
GhostKnife

Im getting mine packed right now, leave for Seattle tomorrow morning. she'll be sitting at a park n ride for a couple days
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #2404
Jeepn-n-tx
I went by Mike Honcho...

1981 CJ7 

Doing the wash and wax thing today .... SOOO sparkly & shiney!!!
Jeepn-n-tx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #2405
WJGERRY
2004 WJ 

stared clear coating my skid plate.. one can o primer.. one can o rustolium red... and now one cano clear...
Im going for thick even tho its gonn get all scraped up.. I will leave little blood stains lol
jeep-skid-1.jpeg  
WJGERRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #2406
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I welcome all critics. Everyone has an opinion. I wasnt saying any of you were snobs. i apologize about that. i was simply informed to be careful. I like a Jeep no matter what model. Personally I would have loved to find a Limited that wasnt ragged out. This was the best deal could find. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I appreciate you alls feedback.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #2407
bushido7seven
1999 WJ 

Took the dent of out my back bumper.
bushido7seven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #2408
jimeee
1999 WJ 

I bought mine! Well...strictly speaking I bought it the day before yesterday. Today I ordered a transmission speed sensor. I will be getting the sensor and fitting it Friday and then taking the Jeep for my first proper drive in it!
Today I signed up on this here forum.
jimeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #2409
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Funny you guys should mention noisy boosters. When I press on the brakes there's an annoying squeak/chirp that comes from the pedal, wonder if it needs to be lubed up or if the booster is acting up. It pisses me off when the windows are shut and the radios off, I have a video. I should have had my blinker off I know but i took this video while I was waiting to leave an intersection..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G2b6K229xk
I didnt' hear sqwat homie... could be 'cause of the noisey *** kids though
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #2410
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido7seven View Post
Took the dent of out my back bumper.
Details, I am going to tackle this 4 year old project in the works once it warms up...right on the corner...
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #2411
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
I welcome all critics. Everyone has an opinion. I wasnt saying any of you were snobs. i apologize about that. i was simply informed to be careful. I like a Jeep no matter what model. Personally I would have loved to find a Limited that wasnt ragged out. This was the best deal could find. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I appreciate you alls feedback.
It's all good man...I've actually been looking to swap out my cladding and bumpers for ones like yours, but actually for the darker ones that are on the freedom edition (maybe they are just darker in my head, but they seem to be)..."

and about the one's who "informed" you
"F the nay sayers cause they don't mean a thing...this is the style we bring"

so what did you do with your OEM headlights? snap a pic and send me PM, if they are as they should, I may be able to take them off your hands...
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #2412
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeee
I bought mine! Well...strictly speaking I bought it the day before yesterday. Today I ordered a transmission speed sensor. I will be getting the sensor and fitting it Friday and then taking the Jeep for my first proper drive in it!
Today I signed up on this here forum.
Transmission speed sensor you say? Wjs read their speed off of the abs tone rings on the wheels

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #2413
jimeee
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Transmission speed sensor you say? Wjs read their speed off of the abs tone rings on the wheels
Transmission input/output speed sensor, the 42RE has one and the 45/545RFE has two. I got a P0720 fault code which suggests the transmission output speed sensor is dead...either the sensor or the wiring to it...I hope it's the sensor because I really don't want to have to find a wiring related fault!
As a result of the failed sensor my jeep is in limp mode and will not go into overdrive and is hard shifting whenengaging drive or reverse. Apparently the transmission speed sensors are a relatively common failiure part.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that's all it is!
jimeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #2414
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
http://www.wjjeeps.com/speed_sensors.htm
Unread 04-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #2415
alifted4x4
2000 WJ 

Just ordered my 6 1/2 Coils from IRO!
2000 WJ 6 1/2" lift,IRO Coils, IRO Front ADJ Long Arms, Clayton Rear Long Arms, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS Track bar, JKS Bar Pins, K & N FIPK, 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 1.5" Wheel Spacers, Addco Rear Sway Bar, IRO Rear Sway Bar Links, Flowmaster 40,2002 Cluster to be continued.....
alifted4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.