Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your WJ today?

Tags
wj
5M views 53K replies 3K participants last post by  X-Hibition 
#1 ·
Tell us what you did!

Show pics!

I washed mine and Im still waiting for my lift to show up!

I put my new WHEELS and tires on with the jack :)

And replaced driver side axle shaft and changed all diff fluids.

See less See more
#3,201 ·
Nice! I have one of those waiting to go on once we get my Clayton installed this week... I am also running an open cat atm... it sooo beast! Still trying to figure out what to do exhaust wise... I can't decide between a 40 or 70 series...

#3,202 ·
I was running a super 44 and it sounds soooo much better with no muffler. The skid plate is awesome. That thing is beef man. 1/4 should be plenty to keep the rocks at bay. If you start having the same issue as me about it not fitting flush with the crossmember and frame stiffners feel free to hit me up and I can go into more detail as to how we took care of it.

#3,204 ·
Trevino said:
Forgot to add I must be falling behind in your build thread, I don't remember you mentioning having gotten the kevins skid.
LOL... I don't know if I did actually... it was kinda a impulse buy while mine was at the body shop... yeah that thing is definitely beef! Il let you know if I have any fitment issues... I'm pretty stoked get that Clayton on...!

#3,206 ·
Lol I think its a great purchase. Like I said we ran into our little issues with the install but hey I own a jeep so I'm used to that. Need to get on a trail and see how it takes the abuse. I put my jack right in the center and it took the jeep about 3 1/2 inches above right height (measured from floor to fender) till the jack was maxed out. The skid didn't even seem to notice.

#3,207 ·
Went over to sundeviljeepers and got around to installing my Clayton transfercase skid from KOR. The muffler wouldnt let the skid sit flush so that had to go. I'm just running a open cat now. Then we realized it still wouldn't sit flush but not due to hitting anything. The crossmemeber and frame stiffners. So next best thing we took cut some pipe down to the right size and filled the pipe with washers. Got some longer grade 8 bolts and were back on track. Not the best pic. If I lay right under the jeep even zoomed all the way out its way too close so here ya go.
Would there be fitment issues on the 4pointSlow? Or is it just the V8 due to exhaust piping or somehting...?

#3,208 ·
Nice! I have one of those waiting to go on once we get my Clayton installed this week... I am also running an open cat atm... it sooo beast! Still trying to figure out what to do exhaust wise... I can't decide between a 40 or 70 series...
get a flowmaster 40 ..makes my 4.0 sound amazing ..ill pm you a video

#3,210 ·
r_kelly252 said:
where in kennebunk do you find these "hills" or "mud" the whole town is at 98 feet above sea level....lol so when you venture a little further into Maine and want to go do some trails pm me. im just south of augusta.:cheers2: about one hour from you
Thomahawk....looking good where did you get your 3rd brake light and your tails? i want me a pair!
Tail lights from streetbeatcustom.com
Third brake light from tic_tuning at ebay.

#3,212 ·
thanks thomahawk:D
jerzeyboyWJ...do you mind pm'n me that vid too. ive searched through youtube looking for sound clips of 4.0 and flowmaster 40. def wanting to do something with my stock exhaust, without breaking the bank
im up for ideas, hate to say it but id like to get that 4.7 sound from my 4.0 (although it'l never happen)

#3,213 ·
Geo-Nemesis said:
shipped @ your home?

PS where's yours rear wiperblade?
In My basement. Lol

Took it of to spray paint it. Turned out Really Nice, but decided not to put it on again, because i never use it and it look so much cleaner without.
It also make problem at winter when i use rear Window heater to Take away ice, it melts and goes down to the wiper and freece again, alot of ice builds up around the wiper and makes scratches to the paint.

I want to Remove the whole wiper motor and wiper holder too but hasnt figured out What to close/blend the holes with.

Any sugestions? Really dont need the rear wiper and it Looks so much cleaner without.

#3,214 ·
Geo-Nemesis said:
shipped @ your home?

PS where's yours rear wiperblade?
Included shipping to My mailbox adr in NJ, have this mailbox adr at jetcarrier because i live in Norway and need it to buy parts in US, from NJ jetcarrier ship and custom and deliveres to My Local post office for a small amount of cash.

Not easy to be over here lol.

#3,215 ·
Make sure you run a turn down so the hot exhaust isn't blowing on your gas tank. Otherwise your gas tank will melt and ...

#3,218 ·
PhantomWJ said:
Would there be fitment issues on the 4pointSlow? Or is it just the V8 due to exhaust piping or somehting...?
You know I don't think it was anything to do with the engine. Basically what was happening is once the skid was lined up where it needed to be, if we pushed the skid up till it was flat against the crossmember there was about 3/4 of an inch between the frame stiffners and the outer wings of the skid. Instead of crying and calling KOR we just decided to make spaces. Think budget boost or better yet body lift. Went out bought longer grade 8 bolts and some tubing. Cut the tube to make 6 pieces each 13/16ths and filled with washers just the right size for added strenght. If you run into trouble installing yours or have more questions let me know man. I can take more pics also if necessary when the rain dies down.

#3,219 ·
Very much boom, its amazing how important the direction of the exit is. I say true duals with dumps before the rear tires :O
like so?

he would just have to cut the tips short so they didnt rub on the rear LAs

#3,220 ·
Sounds decent... you should hear mine right now... its freakin loud with the open cat atm....! Il try and make a vid for you at some point today...