What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1604 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #24046
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
Well, got to test my fog retrofit, and fixed bowl on the one projector tonight. Absolutely perfect! Shows how much light I was missing as well with the defective bowl. Wasn't as much a pain as I though it would be to do. Now to work on how to do a rear foglight that looks proper. Well, that and I need to get my alignment issues taken care of. Not a happy feeling on the highway driving at all.
what's a rear fog light ??

Unread 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #24047
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Rear fog lights are not very common here at all. (they're pretty common in some European countries, and there are laws that govern them). I've seen a few audi's with them stock. They're basically a rear facing light that is red. Some vehicles have one. The audi's I've seen have two mounted where the license plate is, so they're entirely seperate from the brake lights so they won't be mistaken for brake lights.

Basicaly in bad fog, they are put on, and as bright as brake lights so that a vehicle can see you easier and hopefully not rear end you. I ill have them on their own switch separate from the stock fogs.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #24048
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Rear fog lights are not very common here at all. (they're pretty common in some European countries, and there are laws that govern them). I've seen a few audi's with them stock. They're basically a rear facing light that is red. Some vehicles have one. The audi's I've seen have two mounted where the license plate is, so they're entirely seperate from the brake lights so they won't be mistaken for brake lights.

Basicaly in bad fog, they are put on, and as bright as brake lights so that a vehicle can see you easier and hopefully not rear end you. I ill have them on their own switch separate from the stock fogs.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINrFUW7MKk
Like the SRT-8 Jeep conversion a lot of people do.
cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #24049
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Have never seen a jeep with rear fogs before.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #24050
aralph30
2003 WJ 

I have never seen that before !!
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #24051
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Great for bad fog, or winter blizzards

Unread 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #24052
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Okay I got a problem. U guys saw the rims I put on correct ? We'll my old rims used to have something in them that would tell me the tire pressure in my tires. I guess they didn't swap them over with the new rims and I went to check my tire pressure before and their where no readings for any of them
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #24053
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

I just did a quad tail light mod about 8 years ago.

gcjeeping is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #24054
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Have never seen a jeep with rear fogs before.
Like this?
image-1612723244.jpg

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #24055
wjidaho
Exiled Offroad

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly

Like this?
Man I am not sure if I like that looks like a tuner to me but idk :-$
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #24056
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

Fitted new left side front window regulator................ 20 mins from door open to door closed.........mind you I have had quite a bit of practice taking those poorly engineered pieces of crap out!
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #24057
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8zynelly View Post
Like this?
Can't tell if they're part of the brake lights or their fogs with the brakes on (see edit below), but yes, kinda the idea, but I'm not about to cut up my bumper. Have a couple ideas. Might use the hatch by the license plates, or may use underneath the bumper tying into the trailer hitch.

They do exist for the WK2 as a kit though http://www.quadratec.com/products/97047_1004.htm

Last edited by cykaaro; 09-04-2013 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: make that I found a conversion for them so yep, they have them. Neat.
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #24058
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia
Fitted new left side front window regulator................ 20 mins from door open to door closed.........mind you I have had quite a bit of practice taking those poorly engineered pieces of crap out!
That's the part that usually fails. I just drilled a small hole through the plate very near the broken block and hammered the cable end nipple through it. since the pull on the cable is sideways it won't go anywhere.

So you pulled the regulator out to do this?

I replaced my entire front passenger regulator because the plastic clip broke and I got one off eBay for cheap.

Now my drivers side rear window will not roll all the way up. It goes down fine but rolls up slow and stops 2" before closing?? I cant even help pull it up the rest of the way. I pulled door panel and speaker and can't see anything broken but at the same time there is very limited viewing thru the available holes in the door.

Also, has anyone replaced the plastic door lining? Mine was so dry rotted that it just crumbled and now the door rattles when shutting.
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #24059
chargold98
2004 WJ 

Bought it!
chargold98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #24060
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03azwj View Post
Took it to the store today and saw this in the parking lot. Mobile Pepto Bismol ad possibly??
That is Barbie's Jeep. She was probably inside, shopping :-)

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.