What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 160 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #2386
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Its okay but I think you have some color mismatch going on there. Maybe shade the laredo cladding a little darker a bit. It just looks weird that you got the chrome inlaid taillights and you have dark tinted headlights and plastic laredo cladding. Painting the rims would definitely be a huge improvement. Its a good base to work off. Also, look at maybe getting a BB and some meaty tires, you'll really fiercen that thing up a bunch

edit: its definitely the rims that stick out
The tails are smoked too. Pictures dont do it justice. You cant really tell cuz everytime I take a pic with my camera the flash reflects off the tails and takes the smoke out. IMO chrome tails are ugly on suvs. Kinda wish I got the black ones. Maybe someone will see them in the market if I get the black ones I agree with the BB and meat.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #2387
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Its okay but I think you have some color mismatch going on there. Maybe shade the laredo cladding a little darker a bit. It just looks weird that you got the chrome inlaid taillights and you have dark tinted headlights and plastic laredo cladding. Painting the rims would definitely be a huge improvement. Its a good base to work off. Also, look at maybe getting a BB and some meaty tires, you'll really fiercen that thing up a bunch

i agree with you on that ..back when my jeep was stock i had everything blacked out except my rims and they stuck out like a eyesore

heres a pic back in highschool

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #2388
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:

+1 especially with the blackhoused laredo headlights... I'll trade you my 04 chrome front grill to go with your tails...

EDIT: nevermind...you got rid of the blackhoused heads and replaced with smoked chromes...
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #2389
rkperry1
2001 WJ 

Finished upgrading sound system
0404111500.jpg  
rkperry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #2390
mudtrackerinc

2002 WJ 

i got my jks track bar for it today.maybe get it put on this weekend. THANKS KOLAK
02WJ Rough Country 4" Long Arm,3/4 spacers added to front,265x70x17C BFG All-Terrain T/A KO 31.8x10.7,super 44 flowmaster,K&N air filter,JKS adj track bar,JKS HD tie rod,JKS HD draglink,RCX dual stabilzer,Mickey Thompson Sidebiter wheels 17x9 4.5"BS,Saguaro4x D-Ring Mounts

06tj RC 4" X-series ,RC Dual Steering Stabilizer, 32x11.50x15 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO, 15x8 Ultra Motorsports Rogue
Model:175 Wheels, K&N CAI & Filter,super 44 flowmaster
mudtrackerinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #2391
roach68
1999 WJ 

Did the grill mod this past weekend. And tried to get my front sway bar to quit squeaking so much when it's cold
img_0684.jpg  
roach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #2392
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
+1 especially with the blackhoused laredo headlights... I'll trade you my 04 chrome front grill to go with your tails...

EDIT: nevermind...you got rid of the blackhoused heads and replaced with smoked chromes...
I never had black housings. Thanks for the offer on the chrome grill but ill pass on that. I dont remember which thread it was but someone did tell me to watch out for the Limited snobs when I post here. I hope this is not what they mean lmao.
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #2393
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
I never had black housings. Thanks for the offer on the chrome grill but ill pass on that. I dont remember which thread it was but someone did tell me to watch out for the Limited snobs when I post here. I hope this is not what they mean lmao.
Unless they were changed before you got it you did...

"Laredo (after 1/14/02, black inside clear lower lens)"

http://www.wjjeeps.com/lamps/lampsupgrade.htm#OEM (use this site alot, it is a great resource)

You're posting on a public forum dude, if you don't expect people to respond why bother posting...It wasn't like we said "you're making your jeep look like a pos ricer"...just saying that there wasn't a flow. Good luck with your WJ, be sure to do a build thread when you do more stuff...I'm sure it'll be interesting. Until then
sherker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #2394
Jeepn-n-tx

1981 CJ7 

Replaced my brake booster today .... MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be!

... "Limited snobs" ehh ... What a "small" world we live in where I'm judged by the badge on my Jeep. Personally, I wave at every Jeep I see on the road ....
Jeepn-n-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #2395
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepn-n-tx View Post
Replaced my brake booster today .... MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be!

... "Limited snobs" ehh ... What a "small" world we live in where I'm judged by the badge on my Jeep. Personally, I wave at every Jeep I see on the road ....
What was wrong with it...Mine has been squeaking for a long time, like a bit of air is escaping.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #2396
Jeepn-n-tx

1981 CJ7 

Mine sqealed for awhile when I really got on the brakes. Last Friday when I got in, I touch the brakes once and it sounded like an air hose popped off something. Hissing sounds from under the brake pedal. I had to leave for a biz trip, so I didn't get to it until today.

I bought a replacement booster from Advance Auto (they're having an online coupon deal right now btw), unbolted the MC and somethings around it for extra wiggle room, unbolted the booster and slid it right out. Slid in the new one and bolted things up. Brakes are better than I remember them. Best of all it's SO QUIET! I was able to do the whole thing in about 30min w/o bleeding the brakes, and after the coupon and the refund on the core charge, I should come in at just under $100. Took some pictures ... I'll post them later if I get the chance....

If your booster is on the tit-er, I HIGHLY recommend this job. You'll love the difference!
Jeepn-n-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #2397
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
someone did tell me to watch out for the Limited snobs when I post here. I hope this is not what they mean lmao.
I dont think this is the case. I hope I dont come across as a snob because of the plastic cladding on my Jeep. IMO that and the interior are the only significant difference between Laredos and Limiteds and none of that matters when you hit the trails. I'd rather even have a Laredo as a trail rig because you wont scrape the paint off the cladding on tight wooded trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherker55 View Post
You're posting on a public forum dude, if you don't expect people to respond why bother posting...It wasn't like we said "you're making your jeep look like a pos ricer"...just saying that there wasn't a flow. Good luck with your WJ, be sure to do a build thread when you do more stuff...I'm sure it'll be interesting. Until then
Good point, I wasnt trying to say it looked riced either, but your appearence will definitely improve when you dont have that much contrast between the rims and the body. It creates a focal point on the rims right now and you want people to notice your whole Jeep not just the factory alloys.

Quote:

amen brother...

Anyways, today I went out to my Jeep and did some cleaning. Did some more rust inhibition work until I get home and grind it all out, seems to be surface rust for the most part so I'm sighing relief

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #2398
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Mine sqealed for awhile when I really got on the brakes. Last Friday when I got in, I touch the brakes once and it sounded like an air hose popped off something. Hissing sounds from under the brake pedal. I had to leave for a biz trip, so I didn't get to it until today.

I bought a replacement booster from Advance Auto (they're having an online coupon deal right now btw), unbolted the MC and somethings around it for extra wiggle room, unbolted the booster and slid it right out. Slid in the new one and bolted things up. Brakes are better than I remember them. Best of all it's SO QUIET! I was able to do the whole thing in about 30min w/o bleeding the brakes, and after the coupon and the refund on the core charge, I should come in at just under $100. Took some pictures ... I'll post them later if I get the chance....

If your booster is on the tit-er, I HIGHLY recommend this job. You'll love the difference!
You make it sound pretty easy. Mine squeaks when you brake at the medium level. It will just have a constant squeak if you are on the brake, so I tend to brake slower or harder to avoid the sound.

It has been doing it for at least 4 years, it is worse in the winter...maybe I should do this. More info on the coupon deal?
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #2399
dustinova
2001 WJ 

Got a bad case of Death Wobble driving it up to work today. Found I have a couple of bad tie rod ends on the drag link. Hopefully that fixes it.
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #2400
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Funny you guys should mention noisy boosters. When I press on the brakes there's an annoying squeak/chirp that comes from the pedal, wonder if it needs to be lubed up or if the booster is acting up. It pisses me off when the windows are shut and the radios off, I have a video. I should have had my blinker off I know but i took this video while I was waiting to leave an intersection..

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.