What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #226
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj_jeep92 View Post
what is the metal looking tube going from your airbox to the top of the motor? and ontopic: i looked at it and thought about how bad i want a lift. being broke sucks
I'd have to go look at it, but I think it is a trick of the camera angle and does not attach to the airbox. It's either an AC line, or power steering line... whichever, it's OEM.

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #227
Loveland-WJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Wj Got to test my rock rails

After days of painting....

Unread 09-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #228
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just ordered this sticker for it except in inverted colors so it looks good on the rear glass window

edit:
heehe I went on a spree, I just ordered a second

the only in a wj sticker will go in bottom left of the hatch glass and the have fun sticker up top centered between hinges on hatch glass

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #229
Loveland-WJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Here's a video of the trail I was on over the weekend:

YOUTUBE

YouTube - WJ Part2.mpg

YouTube - WJ Part3.mpg
Unread 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #230
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
Compcrasher - That WJ had a 4.5" Rusty's, not a BB. Has 33s on it too.
I could have sworn he said it was the rustys 2.5 kit? Technnically not a bb but I consider anything under 3 a bb

2.5 Rustys

4.5 Rustys

he definately had the 2.5, his was not that high. Plus the 4.5 is a $1200 lift. I think if he spent that much on the lift he'd have thrown something more than an aussie locker in, maybe a truetrac or a selectable? I dont know lets ask him during the meeting which has been moved to thursday unfortunately (but thats better for me actually)

On topic, I think I've planned out the lift for my WJ. My plans are to do the basic Rustys 2"bb and leave the stock tires on until I can afford a set of 31s (and 31 is the biggest I plan on for the WJ) XJ has a potential in 33's maybe? but you guys dont wanna hear about XJs I'm going to keep the stock shocks until they are unbearable and then invest in some bilsteins. If the stock shocks last the tires might come first. Thinking BFGoodrich AT/TA KOs or some Nitto Terragrapplers

Im also on the hunt for a 242 Xcase. Saw one on craigslist with 85k miles on it for $200 out of an 00 WJ 4.0 (PERFECT) but I have nowhere to put it or transport it so it might fly by my head.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #231
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

His was on 33s, so they had the wheel wells filled pretty well. He lifted it about 3 years ago (50k miles since), so he said it's sagged down to about 4" or a little more. Keep in mind, it was harder to judge height with it flexed.

He's got an Aussie because it's the only choice for a D44a. No selectables available, unfortunately.

If you need help transporting the 242, let me know. I brought mine home in the back of the 5.9. Lifting it out of there alone was a pain though. Storage could be an issue, but I'm sure your roommate will survive you keeping it in a corner of the dorm room for a few weeks.

BTW, check your RIT email. Offroad club meeting was moved to tomorrow.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #232
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
His was on 33s, so they had the wheel wells filled pretty well. He lifted it about 3 years ago (50k miles since), so he said it's sagged down to about 4" or a little more. Keep in mind, it was harder to judge height with it flexed.

He's got an Aussie because it's the only choice for a D44a. No selectables available, unfortunately.

If you need help transporting the 242, let me know. I brought mine home in the back of the 5.9. Lifting it out of there alone was a pain though. Storage could be an issue, but I'm sure your roommate will survive you keeping it in a corner of the dorm room for a few weeks.

BTW, check your RIT email. Offroad club meeting was moved to tomorrow.
Yeah lets pulll this convo over to PM so we don't piss people off with the thread hijack but I figure I'll just wait till I have the WJ up here because I am getting a ride back to MA with a friend and I doubt you want to go a good 4+ hours out of your way to Northshore MA. And trust me a 242 reeking of ATF will not bond well with my roommate haha.

I got the memo about the meeting too.

To keep on topic..... ermmmmm hmmmm ehhh My WJ is actually at the body shop. Right before the title was transferred to me my grandmother got side-swiped. Old lady in a red Caddy didnt notice my grandma had pulled over for an ambulance. Front of the caddy was wrecked pretty much. Damage to my WJ was a gash in the brand new rear right tire, scrape along rocker panel area, some swapped paint, and the front passenger door is dented in a bit. She has comprehensive insurance and its all being taken care of this week. Its being done through the dealership's body shop so I'm confident they'll do it right.

Matt
Unread 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #233
DRogalOlBlue13
2002 WJ 

Today I went Tire Shopping, and was out in a huge rain storm. So, I proceeded to go through puddles, and the 265/70r16s seemed to be alright for now.
Unread 09-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #234
juicexj24
2004 WJ 

Just put on this A arm spacer from Iron Rock and a new ball joint. A real pain to get the old one off but took about and 1.5 hours.
0906101012a.jpg  
Unread 09-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #235
GhostKnife

Hopping to get my tow hooks on tonight
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #236
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Found the same park sensors Bestbuy charges $200 to install on newegg for $35 (whole kit, even drill bit!). Seeing as I will now have a plastic bumper I'm investing in a park system and doing the install myself. I'm also going to be painting the sensors lightly because they are black and I want them to blend into my bumper. When I get back home to my WJ I'll do a nice tutorial for those who are interested.

I'll be using WJJeeps who have the mopar installation manual and I'll use that for reference when doing the job
http://wjjeeps.com/park.htm

Matt
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #237
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Found the same park sensors Bestbuy charges $200 to install on newegg for $35 (whole kit, even drill bit!). Seeing as I will now have a plastic bumper I'm investing in a park system and doing the install myself. I'm also going to be painting the sensors lightly because they are black and I want them to blend into my bumper. When I get back home to my WJ I'll do a nice tutorial for those who are interested.

I'll be using WJJeeps who have the mopar installation manual and I'll use that for reference when doing the job
Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - Park Distance Sensor system
Part Numbers.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #238
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Part Numbers.
Oops forgive me I was going to post a link

TKO Audio BH-PS260

Newegg.com - TKO Audio BH-PS260 Parking Sensor

Matt
Unread 09-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #239
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Oops forgive me I was going to post a link

TKO Audio BH-PS260

Newegg.com - TKO Audio BH-PS260 Parking Sensor
do a write up on the install.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #240
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
do a write up on the install.
X2 on the write up. like to see how this comes out
i am not a big fan of the sensors since they go off like crazy when you still have 2 feet behind you. but that could just be the chevy silverado that i have driven now and then.

but that's a good price
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.