111Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #23836 of Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Nice can you provide link thanks

This is closest that I can find. I got mine on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...2e4117&vxp=mtr



______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline  
post #23837 of Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM
bendafinga
Registered User
2015 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new york
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Went down a bit here today too......only $8.01 per US gallon ($9.65 per UK gallon)........so stop ya moaning!
o snap!
bendafinga is offline  
post #23838 of Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Zacedward
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midvale
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post

This is closest that I can find. I got mine on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...2e4117&vxp=mtr
Sweet thanks might have to do mine it looks sweet

UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline  
post #23839 of Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM
dcorn
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,291
Got the rear-end rearranged...




2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
dcorn is offline  
post #23840 of Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM
65novalt1ss
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 154
Fixed my rear clunk with some new non tapered shock bolts and then rotated my tires.
65novalt1ss is offline  
post #23841 of Old 08-28-2013, 05:22 AM
scross1220
Member
 
scross1220's Avatar
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Potomac Falls
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65novalt1ss View Post
Fixed my rear clunk with some new non tapered shock bolts and then rotated my tires.
Where did you get the bolts and what size are they?


______ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[o]llllll[o]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)


If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.
scross1220 is offline  
post #23842 of Old 08-28-2013, 05:22 AM
wsar10
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Got the rear-end rearranged...



HOLLY **** and you made it out of the fiery explosion from a rear collision in a Grand Cherokee........

We got hit in the rear as-well this summer, we also survived the explosion . Must be the summer of WJ's....... glad everybody was OK.

The transfer of the impact does not look good being that far forward (upto your door jam). Have the insurance clowns looked at it yet, if so will they fix it.

QUOTE=billzcat1;wsar10 is right on point on this oil thread - as usual. Anyone reading this would be well-served taking his advice.


-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline  
post #23843 of Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 AM
marcall
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tucson
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Installed my IRO budget sliders today, thanks Kolak performance!!! I gotta say the second one went on a lot easier than the first. I'm glad Nick recommended the budget sliders over premium, they are perfect. And for some eye candy......

Attachment 659560



Attachment 659561



Attachment 659562



Attachment 659563

I got the same sliders but bought directly from IRO. They are a nice pair, very stout and heavy. First one was a major PITA to install though.
marcall is offline  
post #23844 of Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 AM
dcorn
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
HOLLY **** and you made it out of the fiery explosion from a rear collision in a Grand Cherokee........

We got hit in the rear as-well this summer, we also survived the explosion . Must be the summer of WJ's....... glad everybody was OK.

The transfer of the impact does not look good being that far forward (upto your door jam). Have the insurance clowns looked at it yet, if so will they fix it.
Haha yeah, I was telling people how happy I was that it didn't burst into flames. The jeep is lifted about 4" total (3" suspension, 1" tires) and I was hit by a 99 F-150. The stock hitch appears to have taken the brunt of the hit, so I'd say Jeep is correct that installing a hitch will help keep the gas tank safe.

As far as the insurance, someone should be looking at it in the next few days. I'm torn as to whether I'd rather have it totalled or fixed and I'm not sure which one they will do. Even the front door doesn't open smoothly and the rear door binds pretty badly. Surprisingly, the hatch opens and closes just fine haha.

Figures, I find a super mint, low mileage Overland, which I'd say is pretty rare, and some dumb ***** ruins it 6 months later.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
dcorn is offline  
post #23845 of Old 08-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Poseidon
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Swartz Creek
Posts: 190
Not as exciting as not bursting into flames... but I did have to change the battery. $91 at Sam's Club, 3 year warranty, versus $125 at Auto Zone for the same thing.

I didn't have any warning that the battery was dieing, came home from work, did some housework, went back out to get some groceries, and Click, lights out. No dome, no radio, no locks... nothing, just dead.
Poseidon is offline  
post #23846 of Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM
wsar10
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Haha yeah, I was telling people how happy I was that it didn't burst into flames. The jeep is lifted about 4" total (3" suspension, 1" tires) and I was hit by a 99 F-150. The stock hitch appears to have taken the brunt of the hit, so I'd say Jeep is correct that installing a hitch will help keep the gas tank safe.

As far as the insurance, someone should be looking at it in the next few days. I'm torn as to whether I'd rather have it totalled or fixed and I'm not sure which one they will do. Even the front door doesn't open smoothly and the rear door binds pretty badly. Surprisingly, the hatch opens and closes just fine haha.

Figures, I find a super mint, low mileage Overland, which I'd say is pretty rare, and some dumb ***** ruins it 6 months later.
I would be hesitant keeping it.........with the damage going that far forward. These things seem to never be 100% true after a "multi-point" collision, plus than its R title and worth ALLOT less.
Maybe apart out, or trail rig probably a pay off or part out,would be the most economical decision.
I would not accept there first offer, ALWAYS get a second opinion or do your research if its a pay-off.

QUOTE=billzcat1;wsar10 is right on point on this oil thread - as usual. Anyone reading this would be well-served taking his advice.


-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline  
post #23847 of Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
rdkendrick
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

I know what you mean,, it's funny the oil man is out of the office and we are now paying a all time high on gas :-(
Yeah, but when we have an anti-energy man, who says energy prices will "necessarily sky-rocket", he is playing to the environmental crowd and has no intention of helping the industry to bring prices down. All we have to do is start drilling.
We can become oil independent from the Middle East.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline  
post #23848 of Old 08-28-2013, 09:47 AM
rdkendrick
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post

Haha yeah, I was telling people how happy I was that it didn't burst into flames. The jeep is lifted about 4" total (3" suspension, 1" tires) and I was hit by a 99 F-150. The stock hitch appears to have taken the brunt of the hit, so I'd say Jeep is correct that installing a hitch will help keep the gas tank safe.

As far as the insurance, someone should be looking at it in the next few days. I'm torn as to whether I'd rather have it totalled or fixed and I'm not sure which one they will do. Even the front door doesn't open smoothly and the rear door binds pretty badly. Surprisingly, the hatch opens and closes just fine haha.

Figures, I find a super mint, low mileage Overland, which I'd say is pretty rare, and some dumb ***** ruins it 6 months later.
I got rear-ended by a motorcycle and the dent was pretty much in the same place, but it didn't push any of the body forward like yours. It was $2800 to replace the liftgate, paint, & little things. I hope they don't total it.
If they do, take what you can off of it, before they take it. I wished I had taken my rock rails off the OverLand that got T-boned.
Keep your CD cartridge, extra keyfobs, etc.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline  
post #23849 of Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM
65novalt1ss
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post

Where did you get the bolts and what size are they?
A local business that specializes in hardware, hydraulics, etc. they are 12m x 2" with 1.75 thread pitch. I got this info searching on here and first bought the wrong thread because of bad info. On mine the lowers were the only ones tapered but i replaced the uppers, also. However, the stock uppers look about 1/4"-1/2" longer than 2". I didnt measure but the 2" worked. I may change them out down the road. Also don't fotget 4 12m washers.
65novalt1ss is offline  
post #23850 of Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM
wjidaho
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boise
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick

Yeah, but when we have an anti-energy man, who says energy prices will "necessarily sky-rocket", he is playing to the environmental crowd and has no intention of helping the industry to bring prices down. All we have to do is start drilling.
We can become oil independent from the Middle East.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Yeah but king Obama will not let that happen :-(
wjidaho is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (5 members and 1 guests)
antiwheeze , BigAl63 , jdlpetty , pyre24 , tigerfan2
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Tried to do Spark Plugs today in the 4.7--Didn't happend Astorm WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 43 03-24-2014 08:35 PM
Died today... jimbo141 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 28 05-09-2011 08:20 PM
I want to order some brakes today matrix849 WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 30 07-25-2010 01:01 AM
found an ad today KI4KWF WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 3 07-30-2007 12:27 AM
Just got my xenon on today ! unbelivable ! gaignstar WJ Grand Cherokee Forum 8 05-12-2002 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome