What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1590 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #23836
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Got it almost completely torn down. But maybe tomorrow shell be apart and I'll take her over to the machine shop as soon as possible.

Since I'm going this route instead of buying one, I have an extra grand to spend on the dub. Thinking rock sliders, new gears/diff fluid, and get my blower motor repaired. Anyone know about aftermarket steering wheels on the WJ?

image-4081704532.jpg

image-340032217.jpg

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #23837
scross1220
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacedward View Post
Nice can you provide link thanks

This is closest that I can find. I got mine on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...2e4117&vxp=mtr
l_---l_l__l---[[COLOR="yellow"]o[/COLOR]]llllll[[COLOR="yellow"]o[/COLOR]]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"]If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.[/SIZE]

---My Chariots past and present---

[COLOR="red"]1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 196,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Sold[/B]
[COLOR="yellow"]1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 161,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Sold[/B]
[COLOR="blue"]2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 147,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Own[/B]
[COLOR="green"]2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.6L Stroker 122,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Own[/B]
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #23838
bendafinga
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaitalia View Post
Went down a bit here today too......only $8.01 per US gallon ($9.65 per UK gallon)........so stop ya moaning!
o snap!
bendafinga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #23839
Zacedward
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post

This is closest that I can find. I got mine on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...2e4117&vxp=mtr
Sweet thanks might have to do mine it looks sweet
UJC #181 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L v8, 2"bb, kolak 3 " exhaust flowmaster 50 SUV , Rola roof basket, k&n cai,245/75 /16 A/T
Zacedward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #23840
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got the rear-end rearranged...

Unread 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #23841
65novalt1ss
2002 WJ 

Fixed my rear clunk with some new non tapered shock bolts and then rotated my tires.
65novalt1ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #23842
scross1220
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65novalt1ss View Post
Fixed my rear clunk with some new non tapered shock bolts and then rotated my tires.
Where did you get the bolts and what size are they?
l_---l_l__l---[[COLOR="yellow"]o[/COLOR]]llllll[[COLOR="yellow"]o[/COLOR]]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"]If you're not fixing it, you're not driving a Jeep.[/SIZE]

---My Chariots past and present---

[COLOR="red"]1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 196,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Sold[/B]
[COLOR="yellow"]1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 161,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Sold[/B]
[COLOR="blue"]2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 147,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Own[/B]
[COLOR="green"]2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.6L Stroker 122,000 miles.[/COLOR] [B]Own[/B]
scross1220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #23843
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Got the rear-end rearranged...

HOLLY **** and you made it out of the fiery explosion from a rear collision in a Grand Cherokee........

We got hit in the rear as-well this summer, we also survived the explosion . Must be the summer of WJ's....... glad everybody was OK.

The transfer of the impact does not look good being that far forward (upto your door jam). Have the insurance clowns looked at it yet, if so will they fix it.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #23844
marcall
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Installed my IRO budget sliders today, thanks Kolak performance!!! I gotta say the second one went on a lot easier than the first. I'm glad Nick recommended the budget sliders over premium, they are perfect. And for some eye candy......

Attachment 659560

Attachment 659561

Attachment 659562

Attachment 659563

I got the same sliders but bought directly from IRO. They are a nice pair, very stout and heavy. First one was a major PITA to install though.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #23845
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
HOLLY **** and you made it out of the fiery explosion from a rear collision in a Grand Cherokee........

We got hit in the rear as-well this summer, we also survived the explosion . Must be the summer of WJ's....... glad everybody was OK.

The transfer of the impact does not look good being that far forward (upto your door jam). Have the insurance clowns looked at it yet, if so will they fix it.
Haha yeah, I was telling people how happy I was that it didn't burst into flames. The jeep is lifted about 4" total (3" suspension, 1" tires) and I was hit by a 99 F-150. The stock hitch appears to have taken the brunt of the hit, so I'd say Jeep is correct that installing a hitch will help keep the gas tank safe.

As far as the insurance, someone should be looking at it in the next few days. I'm torn as to whether I'd rather have it totalled or fixed and I'm not sure which one they will do. Even the front door doesn't open smoothly and the rear door binds pretty badly. Surprisingly, the hatch opens and closes just fine haha.

Figures, I find a super mint, low mileage Overland, which I'd say is pretty rare, and some dumb ***** ruins it 6 months later.
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #23846
Poseidon
2002 WJ 

Not as exciting as not bursting into flames... but I did have to change the battery. $91 at Sam's Club, 3 year warranty, versus $125 at Auto Zone for the same thing.

I didn't have any warning that the battery was dieing, came home from work, did some housework, went back out to get some groceries, and Click, lights out. No dome, no radio, no locks... nothing, just dead.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #23847
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Haha yeah, I was telling people how happy I was that it didn't burst into flames. The jeep is lifted about 4" total (3" suspension, 1" tires) and I was hit by a 99 F-150. The stock hitch appears to have taken the brunt of the hit, so I'd say Jeep is correct that installing a hitch will help keep the gas tank safe.

As far as the insurance, someone should be looking at it in the next few days. I'm torn as to whether I'd rather have it totalled or fixed and I'm not sure which one they will do. Even the front door doesn't open smoothly and the rear door binds pretty badly. Surprisingly, the hatch opens and closes just fine haha.

Figures, I find a super mint, low mileage Overland, which I'd say is pretty rare, and some dumb ***** ruins it 6 months later.
I would be hesitant keeping it.........with the damage going that far forward. These things seem to never be 100% true after a "multi-point" collision, plus than its R title and worth ALLOT less.
Maybe apart out, or trail rig probably a pay off or part out,would be the most economical decision.
I would not accept there first offer, ALWAYS get a second opinion or do your research if its a pay-off.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #23848
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjidaho View Post

I know what you mean,, it's funny the oil man is out of the office and we are now paying a all time high on gas :-(
Yeah, but when we have an anti-energy man, who says energy prices will "necessarily sky-rocket", he is playing to the environmental crowd and has no intention of helping the industry to bring prices down. All we have to do is start drilling.
We can become oil independent from the Middle East.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #23849
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:

I got rear-ended by a motorcycle and the dent was pretty much in the same place, but it didn't push any of the body forward like yours. It was $2800 to replace the liftgate, paint, & little things. I hope they don't total it.
If they do, take what you can off of it, before they take it. I wished I had taken my rock rails off the OverLand that got T-boned.
Keep your CD cartridge, extra keyfobs, etc.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #23850
65novalt1ss
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post

Where did you get the bolts and what size are they?
A local business that specializes in hardware, hydraulics, etc. they are 12m x 2" with 1.75 thread pitch. I got this info searching on here and first bought the wrong thread because of bad info. On mine the lowers were the only ones tapered but i replaced the uppers, also. However, the stock uppers look about 1/4"-1/2" longer than 2". I didnt measure but the 2" worked. I may change them out down the road. Also don't fotget 4 12m washers.
65novalt1ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.