What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 159 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #2371
frets217
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll see some other Dubs when I'm out there
Guaranteed I'll be out there.
and to stay on topic, filled 'er up!

04 WJ Laredo, 4.0l I6, SelecTrac.
-Uniden Pro520xl w/4ft firestick style antenna/ PA speaker.
frets217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #2372
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibeans View Post
Fixed my driveshaft cv on Friday night.

Pretty easy, although messy! Took me a couple of hours.

Where did you find the parts to repair this? When I needed to do so, parts houses told me it was non serviceable and needed to be replaced, not repaired. I went with a bone yard one as I wasn't paying Big $$ to replace that DS.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #2373
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

160 in gas in about 10 days. =/ more gas today
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #2374
Scibbyz99WJ
1999 WJ 

Woke up to a flat. Sitting at belle tire now while they figure out why

Closed minds should go hand in hand with closed mouths
Scibbyz99WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #2375
theskier74
2001 WJ 

drove it to school...the usual. counting down the days till summer when i get some income for mods
theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #2376
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskier74
drove it to school...the usual. counting down the days till summer when i get some income for mods
Same here exactly man!!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #2377
GrCherokeeL
1999 WJ 

Well it does have something to deal with my Jeep. One of the guys in my automotive class decided to kill his Grand today. Luckily for me, I was on his good side cause I got a lot of free stuff. I only wanted the wood paneling or whatever you'd like to call it, that I had seen surrounded by the radio. Then I saw the wood paneling on all four doors, and where the cigarette lighter was at.

I took all door panels, and everything else in front that had wood paneling, then I took the case where the 10 disc thing was in the back of the Jeep. Scored two skid plates, one for the transfer case and the other one for the front of the Jeep.

Would have been the greatest day of my life if the guy would have let me had all leather seats. They weren't ripped, but they needed cleaning. So I got everything else I wanted off that Jeep besides the seats, but all in all...I'm a happy Jeeper
GrCherokeeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #2378
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Not bad, how'd he kill it?

Today I started the rust treatment on some bad spots I found on my wj

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #2379
Janibeans
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Where did you find the parts to repair this? When I needed to do so, parts houses told me it was non serviceable and needed to be replaced, not repaired. I went with a bone yard one as I wasn't paying Big $$ to replace that DS.
Driveshaftparts.com used to have it, but their website was down when I bought it. I bought it on ebay instead, and it was funny to open the box and find another box with "driveshaftparts.com" label on it. Their site's working now though. I used the original bolts off the driveshaft, as the ones supplied seemed like they'd be a bit too big on the head and wouldn't fit. Buy some red loctite and put a drip on each bolt. Front and rear CV bolts have to come out, just make sure you clean the threads and put the loctite on them before reinstall. It took me about 2 hours to do total, by myself, no floor jack.

http://www.driveshaftparts.com/cv-jo.../prod_430.html

I paid $105 shipped off ebay.
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #2380
EndGame
2002 WJ 

Well, I drove to work, put air in my tires. And installed my grille guard yesterday
image.jpeg   photo.jpg  
EndGame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #2381
Phoenix1120
2002 WJ 

Installed new drive shaft. Now time to test it out!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Phoenix1120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #2382
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

worked on my new light bar... pictures are in my build...gunna be taking my time on this one since i wont need it finished until may

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #2383
dmextreme77
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinova
Got the rest of the Zone lift on. It rides a lot better than I thought it would, and looks pretty good too. Now I need to get the 265/75-16 tires and wheel spacers on.
Lookin good! yes, wheel spacers and a slight trim on the front and ur good!
-Bunch of misc crap

JOCCI Jeep Club
My Build Thread!!
dmextreme77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #2384
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Finally got to take some pictues of the Jeep. Showing the head and taillights I installed a few weeks ago. When I got the Jeep about 5 weeks ago it didnt have anything on it. No tint. Nothing. Bone stock. I never had a car that I could upgrade the lights on, So it was pretty fun. I want to black out the grill insert but waiting till I get black wheels. Need to debadge too. That "J" on the back is an eyesore.
img_1001.jpg   img_1003.jpg   img_1000.jpg   img_0999.jpg   img_1002.jpg  

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #2385
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Finally got to take some pictues of the Jeep. Showing the head and taillights I installed a few weeks ago. When I got the Jeep about 5 weeks ago it didnt have anything on it. No tint. Nothing. Bone stock. I never had a car that I could upgrade the lights on, So it was pretty fun. I want to black out the grill insert but waiting till I get black wheels.
Its okay but I think you have some color mismatch going on there. Maybe shade the laredo cladding a little darker a bit. It just looks weird that you got the chrome inlaid taillights and you have dark tinted headlights and plastic laredo cladding. Painting the rims would definitely be a huge improvement. Its a good base to work off. Also, look at maybe getting a BB and some meaty tires, you'll really fiercen that thing up a bunch

edit: its definitely the rims that stick out

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.