What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1578 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #23656
cr8zynelly

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
Not my WJ, but I did a RMS on my cousins '02 WJ w/4.0. We took our time since he was wanting to learn, so I made sure to explain everything we were doing. Started right around noon and got everything wrapped up by 5 PM, including a lunch break and quick run to the parts store for a heli-coil kit and some brake parts cleaner. He managed to strip the front bolts that thread into the timing cover. Quickly drilled out the threads, tossed in a couple heli-coils and good to go.

Next weekend we get to do the heater core.

Tonight I need to reseal the front diff on my wife's WJ after work and play with the pinion angle a bit more since it has a touch of driveline vibrations at higher RPMs when accelerating to merge on the freeway.
Have you done a heater core before? I have been putting mine off because of time/money but ill have to get to it soon. Lemme know how it goes and any tips you have. Good luck!!

cr8zynelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #23657
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highschool_WJ
Drove down to the shop to schedule an appointment to have the CSP sensor changed (don't have time to do it myself with college starting) and never made it out of the parking lot, it stalled out while pulling onto the street so we pulled it back into the lot and left her :/
I did the same at the start of the summer I hate the CSP lol

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #23658
tkcarp01
1999 WJ 

Was in (b)Lowe's today grabbing some quick hardware stuff, and thought hey.. I'll get a valet key made in case I lock my one and only sentry key in the dub. Nope. Guy at the counter says be won't do it, because if I open my door with it I'll "fry my computer". After a quick lecture on why he was an idiot I excused myself and left.
tkcarp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #23659
go-big
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkcarp01
Was in (b)Lowe's today grabbing some quick hardware stuff, and thought hey.. I'll get a valet key made in case I lock my one and only sentry key in the dub. Nope. Guy at the counter says be won't do it, because if I open my door with it I'll "fry my computer". After a quick lecture on why he was an idiot I excused myself and left.
Lmao that's the best hahaha
go-big is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #23660
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

LMAO!! love how people think the strangest things. Have one with my house keys just in case I lock my keys in.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #23661
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

Took measurements for longer bumpstops and tried to find out places to shove some limiting straps in the front end. Don't want anymore of this:

or this:

Thinking about using some paracord for the straps, and some self tapping screws and some sort of bracket/loop on the top (frame side) strap mount. And since I have IRO's long arms, the passenger side strap can use the (now un-used) right upper control arm mount on the axle. I'll have to get creative the the axle side mount on the driver's side. I'm thinking of either drilling into the caster adjustment bracket on the upper CA, or maybe just adding a bracket onto one of the bolts on that bracket.

I think the hardest part of the straps will be avoiding the exhaust. But maybe some strategic heat wrap around some pipes will help to extend the life of the paracord. It'll be a learning experience for sure. I'll definitely take lots of notes and pictures and then do a write-up on the limiting straps. There is almost no info online about limiting straps for our WJs, so I'm hoping I can start a revolution.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #23662
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWalnut13 View Post
Took measurements for longer bumpstops and tried to find out places to shove some limiting straps in the front end. Don't want anymore of this:

or this:

Thinking about using some paracord for the straps, and some self tapping screws and some sort of bracket/loop on the top (frame side) strap mount. And since I have IRO's long arms, the passenger side strap can use the (now un-used) right upper control arm mount on the axle. I'll have to get creative the the axle side mount on the driver's side. I'm thinking of either drilling into the caster adjustment bracket on the upper CA, or maybe just adding a bracket onto one of the bolts on that bracket.

I think the hardest part of the straps will be avoiding the exhaust. But maybe some strategic heat wrap around some pipes will help to extend the life of the paracord. It'll be a learning experience for sure. I'll definitely take lots of notes and pictures and then do a write-up on the limiting straps. There is almost no info online about limiting straps for our WJs, so I'm hoping I can start a revolution.
Get some IRO upper retainers and lower retainers and it will keep the springs on, When I went out the first time with my Bilstiens I dropped a coil as well, I ended up welding a 3" piece of exhaust pipe to the top perch instead of buying some, lets the coil come unseated but it guides it back in.
2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #23663
CrazyWalnut13
2000 WJ 

I messed up the IRO mounting holes when installing the lift. One of them, I tried eyeballing the tap size and got it wrong, went too big (and metric). The other side went in (after I read the instructions), but then fell out after about 2 miles of gravel road. So I've been without spring retainers.
Formerly Default Jeeper #13
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 with stuff. Look left for the deets.
CrazyWalnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #23664
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Drove it around this weekend and the temp stayed a little above 210 most of the day. It usually stays below 210. So I swapped the thermostat out (Original) and got around to installing the the aux fans I got from the JY a couple years ago.

They are of a 4L Land rover. They push a lot of air and turn the stock fan when they are on.

Wired them up to come onto with the stock fan and or by themselves with the switch on my Whelen controller.

Drove it around today in 100+ temps and didnt go over 210.

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #23665
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Affordable supercharger for the 4.0 emailed the guy and said it would fit a wj

http://rickrimmer.com

Sent from my iPhone5 using JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #23666
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Now that would be fun to add on!!!! Wonder if it'll work with stock internals, or you would have to upgrade at all.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #23667
evilcairn
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWalnut13 View Post

I do the same thing @ my last Week end .. after the mud hole, my coil bump out ..

Up and Down retainer ... yeah yeah ... need ^^
WJ 2001 V8 , 6.5" lift IRO , 35" BF , Front DS TomWoods mutilCV, Fender Iceland, TrueTrac Eaton Front, Gears 4:56 , Custom Front bumper, custom rock slidder ....
evilcairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #23668
Islanders22
2001 WJ 

Got a 2" bb lift and some 31" at tires. Love it,
image.jpg  
Islanders22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #23669
1999wjlimited

1999 WJ 

Finally got my bumper and winch put on. It took longer than I wanted to but it's finally on.
image-3388971531.jpg

Unread 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #23670
wjidaho
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro
Now that would be fun to add on!!!! Wonder if it'll work with stock internals, or you would have to upgrade at all.
I know right, sure got me thinking too ;-)

My build thread
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wjidahos-expedition-build-1904282/[/url]
wjidaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.