What did you do to your WJ today? - Page 1571 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your WJ today?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #23551
go-big
2004 WJ 

image-3719177953.jpg

go-big is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #23552
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11B-33T View Post
Plasti-dipped the front grill outer bezel...

My girls said it reminds them of a panda bear so I've named the Jeep 'Po' after Kung Fu Panda...the Panda Jeep LOL..
Looks very similar to mine, except I NEED your front bumper! I am doing an 04 front end conversion and have everything except for the 04 bumper (not sure what to get since I don't know if the eBay ones are just refurbished OEM or low quality aftermarket or if they're decent or what OR if I'm better off getting a used one that will be OEM but a decent bit more expensive and used, of course). Can't wait to have that exact setup on my front end.

I too have the 04 Laredo style lights and a grill that looks just like yours but it's actually off an 04 dark gray WJ. Was going to Plastidip it but the metallic grey OEM paint looked good and almost black anyway.

BOT: I ordered some LED strip to do undercarriage lighting (that comes one when I open the doors to illuminate the undercarriage when I get out of the Jeep at night, and for when I'm trying to look/work under there at night). I also recently ordered the cheap door panel clips and replacement chrome "Jeep" badges from JGCParts.com and they are GREAT! The door clips tightened up my door panels completely. I just don't know if they're re-useable since the style of clip they are seems like it might be hard to remove and they might get ruined if you take them out. A pack of 10 costs the same as the Jeep charges for 1 of the stock ones, and these are better and get the panels progressively tighter the more you push them in.

Highly recommended to fix door panels that aren't completely tight. Now my inside rubber weather seal doesn't try to slip between the loose door panel and the window. As for the Jeep emblems, they seem decent quality and they have a more chunky modern look. Not drastically, but they're a little thicker (meaning they stand further off the surface of the hood/tailgate) and have a slightly blockier look with beveled edges. They look good but aren't installed yet.
Unread 08-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #23553
ADragg
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Got the new RC front LCA's in yesterday. Huge difference. No move weird vibrations through the steering wheel, no shuddering when braking hard at highways speeds. Feels like a whole new truck. The other thing is the whole front feels really tight now, and can feel the road like my old XJ used to do.

The flipside, is the steering is definitely a little off. Have to straighten the steering wheel as it's slightly turned to the left. There is a little bit of play, and when you turn the wheel just a small bit left or right it starts to turn considerably. I know something is off but not sure what. Everything we checked seems tight without play? Maybe should just start replacing the TRE's regardless and start there? Any ideas? At least it's not wandering like it did though, especially at higher speeds and in windy conditions. Now to track down the last which is the steeriing not being quite right. Definitely not the pump as it was replaced in december and have another steering pump (I believe it works) and intermediate shaft, just in case.

Look beefy! Just curious, why did you go with RC? I hadn't even really considered them for adjustable short arms because I figured the IRO's for about the same price (or less?) must be better. But after looking at them, they seem fairly decent and they use Johnny Joints, right? Just wondering why you went with them over other options and what your take is on them. Thanks.
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #23554
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cykaaro View Post
Got the new RC front LCA's in yesterday. Huge difference. No move weird vibrations through the steering wheel, no shuddering when braking hard at highways speeds. Feels like a whole new truck. The other thing is the whole front feels really tight now, and can feel the road like my old XJ used to do.

The flipside, is the steering is definitely a little off. Have to straighten the steering wheel as it's slightly turned to the left. There is a little bit of play, and when you turn the wheel just a small bit left or right it starts to turn considerably. I know something is off but not sure what. Everything we checked seems tight without play? Maybe should just start replacing the TRE's regardless and start there? Any ideas? At least it's not wandering like it did though, especially at higher speeds and in windy conditions. Now to track down the last which is the steeriing not being quite right. Definitely not the pump as it was replaced in december and have another steering pump (I believe it works) and intermediate shaft, just in case.

Wow, they look good. Even offset a bit to accompany wider tires. I ordered some IRO adj LCA's to match the UCA last week. How much did you pay for those?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #23555
doorjamm
2000 WJ 

Visited her in storage because I needed to grab parts out of her. But good news is I have decided to keep her, and I'll be buying the motor in what looks like a week.
image-3912884977.jpg

doorjamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #23556
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Got my 1/2" 6061 aluminum to build my belly skid last night.

Unread 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #23557
jeepinjeepin
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSWJ
Got my 1/2" 6061 aluminum to build my belly skid last night.
Shazam!!! What's a piece of metal like that cost?
jeepinjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #23558
gcjeeping
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by go-big View Post
Can you still get current maps for it?

gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #23559
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcjeeping View Post

Can you still get current maps for it?

Ver. AL just came out fourth-quarter 2012.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #23560
TJSWJ
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
Shazam!!! What's a piece of metal like that cost?
about 300. its a 50x50 (plus a little extra) piece.

Plan is to build a belly skid that offers more coverage/protection, with a completely flat beely, with the same/less weight, for close to the same price as KOR's belly skid for claytons.
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #23561
CHULOGORDO82
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99WJ539918 View Post

I was referring to new as in rebuilt. No one can get an actual new trans for a WJ anymore.
Got mine from jaspers
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #23562
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADragg View Post
Look beefy! Just curious, why did you go with RC? I hadn't even really considered them for adjustable short arms because I figured the IRO's for about the same price (or less?) must be better. But after looking at them, they seem fairly decent and they use Johnny Joints, right? Just wondering why you went with them over other options and what your take is on them. Thanks.
Have RE uppers, but they don't make anything for the WJ. I've only a 2"BB and although the stock ones were fine, mine are worn, and the driverside was brutally bad. I like the idea of them being rebuildable and if I ever go a bit higher, they're already in place. I went with the RC for a number of reasons. They are readily available to order through a local place I use for parts, such as these, and the price is in line with stock ones. Got them onsale as well so cost me $185. Stock are $110ea and even at regular price they were $199.

So far no issues and the axle is performing properly now compared to how bad the bushings were, even more so on the drivers side. The biggest thing I find is that it really has stiffened the feel of the front really noticeably. Probably due to the design/poly bushings and how bad the original stock ones were. Second day on them, and it's feeling a bit smoother as everything adjusts.

Can still feel the steering is a bit off, but doesn't wander or as bad in windy conditions on the highway as it was before, and braking at above 80km/h is now normal again. So far so good. After I get a few hundred km's on them, we'll see how they feel.

Next will be looking at the steering and seeing how to get that to feel right. Just feels way to touchy, as I have a bit of play in it, but if I turn just a little bit left or right, it really turns quite a bit. Not sure what's up. I some a couple of the TRE's where done when I first got it, but not sure what might be off, as everything seems tight. Will probably start with the on on the pitman arm as there's a small tear in the boot, and the tierod one on the drivers side.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #23563
cykaaro
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scross1220 View Post
Looks really good. I will be doing mine very soon thanks.
Got a couple from last night.

Red light strip and logo from front doors.

HID Quad bi-xenon + foglight retrofit
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44572-Jeep-2000-Grand-Cherokee-WJ
cykaaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #23564
tim0

2002 WJ 

Very Cool
I got to have some of those LOGO lights.
Where did you get them?
tim0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #23565
filipm
2002 WJ 

Hopefully have ended my "issues" over the past few months that started with me replacing the heater core. New radiator, fixed rusted out trans cooler lines, new tires (general grabbers), new front calipers, Kolak brake upgrade (stillens all around), 2nd fuel filter (installed a wix and developed a nice whistle/hum in the rear, replaced with mopar and silence once again), and pesky AC issue. Had AC recharged, was leaking, put in dye, o-ring got caught on re-install, to replaced and charged again.

Next on the list is the door hem rust, installing mopar hitch (I think bolts on tank are shot), and eventually shocks!!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.